• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara b-14 rings & Scopecap suggestions

Nitro727

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2021
Ohyo
Hey guys, looking for some input for this setup-specifically, what height rings will I need?

RIFLE- Bergara B-14 HMR in 300PRC
SCOPE- Vortex Razor gen2 4.5-27x56
RAIL- Badger 20MOA steel base
RINGS-??? Thinking of going with badger steel rings also, but open to suggestion. If I went with Badger for the rings, I’d do the steel, which they offer
SCOPE CAPS- looking for suggestions

Standard- 1”
Medium- 1.125”
Ultra high- 1.49”

Another variable is on the 1” and 1.49” they have USMC models that one of the rings has 6 screws instead of 4, is that something I should look into getting?

Thanks!

Last edited:
1" high 34mm rings will be sufficiently tall. Vortex Defender scope caps are a good choice for scope caps. Don't fret over the USMC marked Badger rings, they don't bring anything extra to the table in your case.

Reactions: Nitro727
Yup 1" should work just fine. Below is a pic of my 7mmRM with a NF 20 MOA base and 1" Seekins rings. The barrel is an M24 contour so a little heavier than the factory rifle barrels. Fits fine with Defender caps. But with that Bergara and the adjustable comb you could go 1.1" if you wanted with no issue.

The Badger are excellent rings but don't get hung up on "steel". A quality set of aluminum rungs will work just as well like Seekins or the Vortex Precision Matched made by Seekins. More about quality than material. All will hold the scope just fine.

IMG_1881a.jpg

Closer view of set up before I put Defender caps on.

IMG_2786.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitro727
Yup 1" should work just fine. Below is a pic of my 7mmRM with a NF 20 MOA base and 1" Seekins rings. The barrel is an M24 contour so a little heavier than the factory rifle barrels. Fits fine with Defender caps. But with that Bergara and the adjustable comb you could go 1.1" if you wanted with no issue.

The Badger are excellent rings but don't get hung up on "steel". A quality set of aluminum rungs will work just as well like Seekins or the Vortex Precision Matched made by Seekins. More about quality than material. All will hold the scope just fine.

View attachment 7749233

Closer view of set up before I put Defender caps on.

View attachment 7749245
This is super helpful, I was wondering how much the sunshade would affect it also, thanks for the info and pics!

Just wanted to do an update, and say the 1” rings are perfect, with the defender caps, did a dry fit and still have about an 1/8” clearance from barrel 👍thanks again for the help gentleman

Reactions: Rob01