• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B-14 Wilderness Muzzle Brake

JBarton

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2020
Wyoming
Well.....I purchased a new Bergara HMR B14 Wilderness in 6.5 creedmoor a few months ago as a practice rifle. I love this rifle overall but am not a fan of the multi directional muzzle brake that it came with. Loud as all hell and don't shoot prone anywhere near dirt or debris. You will get blasted. I really want to put the new APA gen 3 little bastard on it but I have to many irons in the fire that are sucking up my funds so I found a VG6 Gamma on the cheap and put it on. I timed it myself without using the shit crush washer set up and tested it out. I was initially surprised how well it performed. No dust or debris flying around and its not quite as ear piercing loud. The little muzzle jump produced from this round was even less, with no vertical or horizontal jump to speak of and my accuracy hasn't suffered any from what I've seen with the small sample size (10 rounds). I still plan on getting the little bastard but this will work for now. Anything is better than the stock brake.
Im curious to hear others opinions on this brake if they have tried it out. How do you like it and what are your thoughts? Good or bad I don't care...just would like to hear about it.

OK update: So originally I only shot a hand full of rounds while load testing for my 300 WM and really did not put it through the test. The end result...save your money and buy a proven muzzle brake. Don't go on the cheap. I am not out much but I have definitely learned a valuable lesson.

The Bergara muzzle brake that came with the rifle is now back on and the VG6 is in the junk drawer.

Attachments

• 15984813511203638129404504692671.jpg
    15984813511203638129404504692671.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 598
  • 20200818_231954.jpg
    20200818_231954.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 777
  • 20200804_210654.jpg
    20200804_210654.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 1,119
Last edited:
I run these VG6 brakes on my ARs. They are excellent for the purpose. I have two Bergara HMRs and both are wearing Ultradyne Apollo S brakes. The guys on the range are astounded that I’m even running a brake. They are not much louder than with no brake and have almost no ground effect. And they tame a soft shooting 6mm down to .223 levels or less. Did a lot of research before picking Ultradyne and I’m thoroughly impressed. May be a bit small for a heavier barrel but on the factory Bergara barrel it fits up like a champ and self times.

Reactions: HammerForged
I run these VG6 brakes on my ARs. They are excellent for the purpose. I have two Bergara HMRs and both are wearing Ultradyne Apollo S brakes. The guys on the range are astounded that I’m even running a brake. They are not much louder than with no brake and have almost no ground effect. And they tame a soft shooting 6mm down to .223 levels or less. Did a lot of research before picking Ultradyne and I’m thoroughly impressed. May be a bit small for a heavier barrel but on the factory Bergara barrel it fits up like a champ and self times.
Thanks. I will check it out.