• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B-14R Range Report and Assessment

Kisssofdeath

House of Yates
Minuteman
  • May 9, 2018
    Virginia
    This will be a lengthy report because I want to show a few photos and explain what might be important to you, the reader. This is not organized and will be written as things comes to mind. This assessment should not be taken as an indicator of how all B-14R rifles will perform; this is how mine performs, yours may be better or worse.

Well, the wind finally stop blowing a constant 15 mph with crazy gust from time to time. Today while shooting I noticed that some rounds and different brands had a pop/crack even when using the Sparrow. They were clearly breaking the sound barrier. Everything I shot was subsonic, temps were around 50°. The temp was the only thing I could think would cause this as I have never experienced this before. Not sure if that contributed to the many "stray" rounds I had but I seemed to have had quite a few. Many of the 5 shot groups were ruined by one round and it wasn't always the 5th shot either. Didn't get any photos of the rifle but will post some showing essentially what it looked like today.

I hope and believe the rifle will shoot better than the targets show. Sample size was with nine different brands of ammo that didn't include any Eley. At some point, I will be playing with the torque settings on the action bolts. Today all targets were shot on 20 in/lbs. *EDIT* ONE PLATE WAS SHOT WITH CCI SV AT 40 IN/LBS. Eventually I will use CCI SV and see if the rifle has a "sweet spot". It took 60 in/lbs on my Wheeler FAT wrench to break the bolts loose when I removed the stock for trigger work.

Trigger is a little on the heavy side for me at 2lb 10oz. On the plus side, the pull weight is predictable and consistent with zero take up, zero creep and no noticeable overtravel. I think it would make a great hunting trigger but to much for what I want. I do have a TriggerTech Black Diamond Single Stage with flat bow coming. TriggerTech says these should go down to 4oz but I read where that may not be obtainable with the Bergara rifles. We shall see.

I would like to comment on the high bolt throw that some might be concerned with hmm ? littlepod comes to mind :sneaky:. The feel and the sound of the bolt is unlike anything else I have, for that matter the entire bolt is nothing like I have had. The floating bolt face and the two huge locking lugs are the main difference. The bolt does have controlled round feeding whereas the rim of the case is fully captured in the recessed half circle on the bolt face before the bullet enters the chamber or makes any contact with anything. I made a video showing this and will try to figure out how to show it. If you are used to a low throw then it may take a few rounds to get used to this one. Best way to work it is with authority with hand and fingers, the "one finger" technique used on the Tikka will not work for this beast. Bolt manipulation on the Anschutz, Tikka and 457 is faster. I am totally happy with the bolt knob but will be first in line for a swept back design. I would also like to comment on the firing pin. When checking for weight I used an orange plastic dummy round. On the first try it just shattered the plastic rim. Every other rifle I have tested just makes a dent. This is one very strong firing pin spring.

The magazine, well it is what it is I guess. It is very easy loading and very easy seating. The mag locks in place with a very audible click and does not rock front to back but does have some side wiggle. The mag release "maybe" could be a but longer but that's personal preference I think. I don't have a problem accessing it. Overall the magazine just works without issue. *Side note*, let's not discuss the Vudoo mag in this thread as this is not the place for it. Thanks in advance on that.

Weight as shown in the photos with the Meopta Optica6, bipod and Sparrow is 12.6 lbs. It is a lot heavier than it looks but that's all that steel in the receiver and the semi-heavy barrel, which we will discuss later.

Function has been perfect with zero malfunctions of any sort. I lost track of the round count but I would guess maybe a 1000, I shot 500 today alone. The action feeds so smooth you don't notice a round is being picked up or loaded until you push the handle down. I would credit the controlled feeding to that.

Fit and finish, well it is what you would expect from a $1,000 rifle. I would say it's Anschutz quality minus the shine. I have 6 Anschutz so I can make a fair comparison. The feel of the entire setup is KRG Bravo like, and that's a good thing.

Accuracy, whoa, what we have all been waiting for. :p The overall results so far is a little disappointing for this rifle but I do believe it will improve especially with the TriggerTech trigger. I also have high expectations. The results today are not bad but not spectacular either, I don't want this to deter someone from buying a B-14R as the accuracy shown is only what my rifle and I are capable of and furthermore, capable of today. Besides, there's still a lot more ammo that could be tested, I just shot what I had on hand. Remember, the IBI barrel I had for the Tikka shot Center-X phenomenal averaging right at .375" for ten 5-shot groups but was just ho-hum with everything else.

I'll start posting photos now, I can only do 10 per post so I'll start with the rifle itself. Dialog above the photos will explain the photos.

This is just the basic setup as was shot today and also what it looked like while being weighed in at 12.6 lbs. Weight does include the Sparrow.
    IMG_20191228_174640.jpg

IMG_20191228_173737.jpg

Magazine photos for anyone who is interested. Remember, no Vudoo mag comments please.

IMG_20200102_000318.jpg

IMG_20200102_000327.jpg

IMG_20200102_000343.jpg

Here are bolt comparisons between the B-14R, Anschutz Match 54, Tikka T1x and CZ 457 in that order top to bottom. I chose to compare these because they are common to you, the reader but are very different when comparing them together. I would ask that you not only look at the beefyness but also how the extractor is made, the polish on the shaft, the locking lugs or lack of, how the bolt face is cut and so on. The B-14R and the CZ 457 both have controlled round feeding. The Tikka is entirely push feed. The Anschutz is half and half which means the round starts to be fully captured but is not when the bullet enters the chamber. The rim does lock in place before the bolt closes. There's still opportunity for bullet scaring. If I had cleaned the bolt face it may have worked better. The 457 surprised me by having controlled round feeding, can others check theirs and let me know if this is across the board with the 457? I made a video of this one also.

IMG_20200102_000901.jpg

IMG_20200102_000932.jpg

IMG_20200102_000949.jpg

IMG_20200102_001154.jpg

IMG_20200102_001205.jpg

In the next post I will show and compare the bolt throw between these four rifles and the clearance between the bolt and scope on the B-14R. Also I will show the size of the barrel on each end and receiver as well as some other photos I have already posted just to consolidate them all in this thread. Please allow me to finish before making a reply, thanks.

Last edited:
    Below are photos I have posted once but want to consolidate into one thread.

The Bergara B-14R does have a match chamber but I don't know which one. The top photo shows how much casing is exposed when the bullet makes contact with the rifling. Second photo shows the rifling engraved on the bullet, typical of a match chamber. The Bentz chamber offered by Bartlein, Lothar Walther and Proof Research will not have this engraving.

IMG_20191228_132246.jpg

IMG_20191228_132916.jpg

The following photos will compare the bolt throw between the Bergara B-14R, Anschutz 1712, Tikka T1x and CZ 457. Notice the T1x with no barrel. Waiting the IBI to show up.

From left to right, Anschutz, 457 and Tikka.

IMG_20200102_001549.jpg

Left to right, Bergara and Sako. BTW, the Sako P94S action is a push feed design. The bolts and the Sako and Tikka T1x have a lot in common.

IMG_20200102_001932.jpg

Here is the bolt clearance between the scope magnification ring. This ring is quite large for a scope but the bolt handle has plenty of clearance. The bell of the scope is about 5/8" from the barrel to get this clearance.

IMG_20200102_002427.jpg

The next three photos show the OD on the barrel and receiver. First photo is at the muzzle, second is coming out of the receiver and third is the receiver. I took these measurements the best I could. It is quite possible they may be .+/- .010" off. At this time I haven't compared this to another rifle I have.

IMG_20200102_002627.jpg

IMG_20200102_002732.jpg

IMG_20200102_002821.jpg

Next post will be the last and will show targets I shot today, well yesterday now.

I'm going to post these from best to worst. Details are on the targets.

B-14R RWS Target Rifle 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

B-14R Fed GM Match 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

B-14R Wolf Match Target 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

B-14R Lapua Pistol King 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

B-14R RWS R50 sc 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

B-14R SK Pistol Match 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

:LOL:
    B-14R CCI SV 20inlb 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

B-14R CCI SV 40inlb 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

B-14R Fed GM Match 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

B-14R Wolf Match Extra 1-1-20 sparrow.jpg

As promised, there you have it. I'd like to stress the importance of giving an accurate review, summary, assessment or whatever else you want to call it.

Even though I didn't get exactly what I had hoped for in the accuracy department I'm still happy I bought the Bergara and would do it over again. The feeding is phenomenal and I do believe the accuracy will get there. Worst part about the rifle is the trigger and it's not all that bad because of the crispness it has. No need to replace anything really. As said, IMO the best way to make this rifle better is change the trigger. I wouldn't know why anyone would want to replace the stock. Nothing left to do except a barrel change but if that was the case I'd just buy a 457 Scout with the intentions of replacing the barrel and the stock from the get go,....oh wait, I did that. :LOL: I know people may bring up the Vudoo for comparison and that's ok. I don't have one so I can't compare. If Mr. Bush brings out a low bolt throw this year I will have one of those too. ;) You may ask, well why did you buy the B-14R knowing it has a high bolt throw? Well the answer is, it didn't cost me $2,500.

Great write-up.

Can't wait to hear/read your comments on the function of the TriggerTech Diamond in the B14R.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
    Very thorough, appreciate the time it took to put it together. Hope it improves with time to meet your expectations. Especially appreciate the pictures of the mag, that answered a lot of questions.

Ok my turn. I have had one for a little over 2 weeks. It has had 3 cleanings and about 500 rounds through it. My review would mirrior the op exactly. Comments and groups look just about like his. I shoot at night as to negate the wind here so mine might be smaller but I dont have to worry about wind. Some groups are smaller some are larger. I have tested sk rifle match, std +, cci std, eley match, ten x, and norma match elite. The gun prefers lapua make but to be honest I didnt have a lot of eley to test. It shot it all like crud right off the bat. Cci std was a surprise however. Shoots it very well. As does the norma match elite with a flyer here and there. The thing I wanted to high light was what the op said about the feeding. Smooth from first round to last. I have had no problems of any kind. The gun is as smooth as butter. The mag release could be a touch longer. I love lov love the magazine. Its smaller and easier to load for me than the vudoo. The mag seats into the action perfectly with an very audible click. It runs super smooth, very impressive. The trigger well, it was lacking. Installed a trigger tech special and made shooting the gun a real pleasure. Center x is to be ordered tomorrow and more to come. As for accuracy I have a kidd supergrade, an anschutz 64mpr, and a ruger precison with bsf barrel. And they are all kn par as for accuracy. I have countless cards here and they all are about the same.

Didn't mean to hijack op thread just wanted to add that his review is spot on. Group wise, magazine wise, action wise. Nailed it

Last edited:
    Great summary.
    I also agree with everything. I’ve had maybe a bit better accuracy but my trigger pull has been way better. I have a inexpensive Lyman but If my memory is correct I was 1lb and a few oz. I haven’t really gotten to test much ammo but I will in the future. Thanks for the post.
    BTW if anyone knows what chamber they are using please post.

How is the barrel attached? Is Bergara going to sell barred actions?

Nice write up KOD. It will be interesting to see how light you can get the Trigger Tech with that stout firing pin spring. From TT: " ***Pull weights of TriggerTech Triggers are directly impacted by firing pin spring weight. Overweight firing pin springs may cause pulls weights to vary above the advertised range***"

Nice write up KOD. It will be interesting to see how light you can get the Trigger Tech with that stout firing pin spring. From TT: " ***Pull weights of TriggerTech Triggers are directly impacted by firing pin spring weight. Overweight firing pin springs may cause pulls weights to vary above the advertised range***"

My tt special is at about 1lb as advertised

Vudoo. I have one. Everything else just jockeying for 2nd place. If I could not have that of the bergara, tikka t1, 4 cz 457s, annie 64mpr, ruger precision witch custom barrel. I would go cz 457 manners and lapua center x. Every single one if the cz 457s I have owned turned into a different gun when I put center x in them. My particular annie is SUPER sensitive to being touched. Almost have to shoot it free recoil. Another 64mpr might change my opinion but based on what I have tested it would be a cz 457 vpt and later on possibly a proof barrel. Only so I could hint with it and shoot paper. The cz mags are readily available, 60 degree bolt throw, bluing is superb, adjustable trigger to 1lb or less out of the box.

How is the barrel attached? Is Bergara going to sell barred actions?

Pretty sure the barrel is screwed on as I don't remember seeing any pins or bolts holding it. Not sure about barreled actions, haven't seen them for sale. I have also been looking for magazines but haven't seen them for sale either.

As for accuracy I have a kidd supergrade, an anschutz 64mpr, and a ruger precison with bsf barrel. And they are all kn par as for accuracy. I have countless cards here and they all are about the same.

Are you saying the Bergara shoots the same as your Kidd, Anshutz, and Ruger with BSF barrel? Or are you saying those other 3 shoot about the same, and the Bergara is a touch worse?

Pretty sure the barrel is screwed on as I don't remember seeing any pins or bolts holding it. Not sure about barreled actions, haven't seen them for sale. I have also been looking for magazines but haven't seen them for sale either.

Word from Bergara is 1st quarter - 2nd quarter of 2020 for barreled actions. I’m just waiting for the magazines.

Great Review op, do you think the grouping would be better with a different trigger?

Depe
    Word from Bergara is 1st quarter - 2nd quarter of 2020 for barreled actions. I’m just waiting for the magazines.

Great Review op, do you think the grouping would be better with a different trigger?
    Honestly, I don't know. I would like to think so. We all know it doesn't take much movement to make a round go astray when you are trying to shoot a one hole group at 55 yards. I seem to have had more "one shot strays" on these targets than before. I would like to think it's me and the trigger.

KOD,

Which Meopta do you have mounted on the B14R? Optika6 4.5-27 w/4D Dichro by chance?

KOD,

Which Meopta do you have mounted on the B14R? Optika6 4.5-27 w/4D Dichro by chance?
    You are correct my friend and I love it, it's exactly what I hoped it would be. I selected the SFP with MOA adjustments as that suits me and my style of shooting best.

You are correct my friend and I love it, it's exactly what I hoped it would be. I selected the SFP with MOA adjustments as that suits me and my style of shooting best.

I've pondered that scope since I saw one at SHOT last year. Just wasn't sure about the dot in the middle, and whether it would impede accuracy. From your results, that doesn't look to be the case.

Are you saying the Bergara shoots the same as your Kidd, Anshutz, and Ruger with BSF barrel? Or are you saying those other 3 shoot about the same, and the Bergara is a touch worse?

They all seem to shoot about the same. Including the bergara

Nice review KOD. It can be difficult to assess accuracy when the only lots of match ammo used is what's on hand. One lot may shoot well in one or more rifles yet shoot poorly in another.

Thanks and you are 100% correct. But you already knew that. :)

Last night I broke down, bit the bullet LOL and bought seven boxes each of

Eley Edge
    Lapua Center-X,
    SK Rifle Match,
    SK Standard Plus,
    SK Flatnose Match
    Some of this will be saved for the Tikka with IBI barrel.

Thanks and you are 100% correct. But you already knew that. :)

Last night I broke down, bit the bullet LOL and bought seven boxes each of

Eley Edge
    Lapua Center-X,
    SK Rifle Match,
    SK Standard Plus,
    SK Flatnose Match
    Some of this will be saved for the Tikka with IBI barrel.

Where's the Pistol Match Special? :)

Ahh, just noticed you said "Special", I didn't get that type and it's not on the shelf. Actually, never tried it.

I have found the match pistol special to be very good as well. I got some pretty impressive groups out of my CZ with the SK Standard Plus but the Pistol Special was better. I got some pretty amazing groups with it at 100 yards. I never shot a 5x6 with it but the 3-4 groups I shot hovered around 0.5“-0.75”. I have been using the SK Standard plus because I got a really good deal on it but I may buy 5-6 bricks of the pistol special for matches. The lot I had seemed the have a very consistent velocity.

I think once they release the barreled action I will be buying one of these. I already have a stock waiting for it. I’m not buying it because I particularly need another rifle but it sure will be fun to play with. Plus I can always use another spare ?. You can never have too many back up rifles right.

Today was a great day to shoot mainly because there was little to no wind. I put 400 rounds through the B-14R. All targets were shot with the action bolts at 50 in/lb. I'm not sure that is the optimum setting. I said I was going to use CCI SV and start at 20 and to got 50 in 10in/lb increments but haven't yet. Should have done that today. Still waiting on my assortment of ammo to come. I have shot at least 1,000 rounds through the B-14R and I have not had one failure of any kind. I do believe this rifle has a lot of potential that has not been released yet. I hope the TriggerTech gets here soon. I really don't want to shoot it again until I get that installed.

Here are the results from today. I also shot 400 rounds through the Tikka T1x using the same lot numbered ammo. Those results are posted in the Tikka T1x section if you want to split the screen and compare side by side. This are posted random. Keep in mind, I'm using some ammo that you wouldn't expect to shoot great out of anything. The RWS Target Rifle shot at 50 in/lbs wasn't near as good as it was shot at 20 ln/lbs.

B-14R CCI SV #2 50 inlb 1-5-20 Sparrow.jpg
    B-14R CCI SV 50 inlb 1-5-20 Sparrow.jpg
    B-14R Lapua Pistol King 50 inlb 1-5-20 Sparrow.jpg
    B-14R RWS Semi-Auto 50 inlb 1-5-20 Sparrow.jpg
    B-14R RWS Target Rifle #2 50 inlb 1-5-20 Sparrow.jpg
    B-14R RWS Target Rifle 50 inlb 1-5-20 Sparrow.jpg
    B-14R SK Pistol Match 50 inlb 1-5-20 Sparrow.jpg
    B-14R Wolf Match Target 50 inlb 1-5-20 Sparrow.jpg

In this photo the top row "green" are all B-14R and the bottom is Tikka T1x in the factory stock. Same ammo was used in both.

IMG_20200105_155923.jpg

Wrapping up a 900 round day.

IMG_20200105_181221.jpg

Thanks Stugots.

Put another 350 rounds in today. Results will follow. I have determined that the Bergara I have will never malfunction. The bolt works like clockwork and is as reliable as the sun rising. Seriously, when you feed a round you don't even realize it until you close the bolt and feel the resistance created by the bullet engraving the rifling.

I know what you are thinking, "well he hasn't mentioned accuracy". Well, the accuracy will be just fine. :p

Reactions: nakoa01
    I suppose I will buy one this year. It is that, or buy another scope. I like rifles more than I look scopes so ...

Ok, here are my results from today. First off I seem to be cursed by one shot out of five. I finally got to round out my testing with CCI SV and action bolt torque settings from 20 to 50 in 10 in/lb increments. I have never played with this variable, I will normally put my bolts on 20 in/lb and leave it. I used oil on the bolt threads and I did loosen them before retorquing to a different weight. I am open for advice, opinion or otherwise on the torque setting. Tomorrow I will attempt to shoot the RWS Target Rifle and Semi Auto while on 40 in/ib and you will see why at the end.

Below are the targets, two from a few days back. I'll give my thoughts above each target.

I shot this target on 1-6. No notes on the plate so all was good with the trigger pull, wind ect. CCI SV @ 30 in/lbs just not good at that setting I guess. I made a scope adjustment between groups 3 and 4,
    B-14R CCI SV 30inlb 1-6-20 Sparrow.jpg

Made a jump to 50 in/lb next. It appears to be a little better but decidedly.
    B-14R CCI SV 50inlb 1-6-20 Sparrow.jpg

Today I started on 30 in/lb again and reshot the CCI SV. Same results as first time so in a way that is good because the results were consistent.
    B-14R CCI SV 30inlb 1-8-20 Sparrow.jpg

Next I dropped the in/lb down to 20 and shot CCI SV. The groups were pretty tight with one shot ruining most of them. The only group really out of place was the last, if you notice all groups except that one fell around 7 o'clock but that group is up around 2-3. At this point I would take 20 in/lb but why all the strays? Chalk it up to CCI ammo?? Also notice how at this point all groups from here on out the POI changed to lower and left. Strange not strange? Can't help but believe it has something to do with 30 and 50 in/lb setting.
    B-14R CCI SV 20inlb 1-8-20 Sparrow.jpg

Next is 40 in/lbs with CCI SV. Five true 1/2" groups out of ten was the best performing setting with three groups screwed up by one shot. I have no clue why the 8th groups looks so bad nothing changed between any of these groups. Also if you notice the POI did not change, still around 7 o'clock.
    B-14R CCI SV 40inlb 1-8-20 Sparrow.jpg

So I'm finished with CCI SV and move on to some RWS Target Rifle and back to 20 in/lb. Results are not bad "to me". The first two are obviously the worst. Forth group had a bad pull as noted and the tenth group had one drop low. So now I'm back to thinking 20 in/lbs may be better.
    B-14R RWS Target Rifle 20inlb 1-8-20 Sparrow.jpg

Next is the RWS Semi Auto. I bought this stuff for less than $2 a box so I can't complain about it I guess. It has never shot great in anything and these groups are probably the best it has done if that gives you an idea on how it shoots. It did shoot some pretty tight groups. The third group left me scratching my head again. 5th group was opened up too. Must be me.
    B-14R RWS Semi Auto 20inlb 1-8-20 Sparrow.jpg

After this I decided since it was a calm day I would shoot some expensive ammo even without the TriggerTech trigger. I pulled out my RWS R50 sc and shot 6 groups on 20 in/lbs. After shooting the 5th and 6th group rather poorly, I decided to adjust the torque setting to 40 in/lbs. As you can see from the results the POI didn't change significantly. It shot an actual 8 for 10 and the very first shot was top left on the first bullseye so it could have been a 9 for 10 target. As mentioned above, tomorrow I want to try the RWS Target Rifle and Semi Auto on 40 in/lbs first and go from there.
    B-14R RWS R50 sc 20 and 40inlb 1-8-20 Sparrow.jpg

Conclusion: One thing is for sure and that is something funky is going on at 30 in/lbs and possibly 50. Seems to be a sweet spot at 20 and possibly 40. Another thing the POI stayed pretty much the same except for 30 in/lbs. From the groups dated on 1/6/20 until now, the scope was never adjusted. I never thought I would say this, because I have never experienced it....but I do believe this rifle may actually need a break in period. It does seem to be shooting a little better as time goes on. By Monday I should have everything complete. The Eley, SK and Center-X will be here tomorrow. The TriggerTech trigger should be here tomorrow also. I am happy as ever I have bought this rifle. Does it shoot any better than a factory Tikka...probably not but no worse either, I'd say they are equal.

Comments are most welcome. Constructive criticism is always appreciated and should be used to open your mind to other ways.

Has anyone tried bedding one yet in the factory stock. I know I had to bed quite a few b14 hmr to get them to group. I think the thick uneven paint they use on top of the aluminum bedding blocks creates a stress riser on the action and allows horizontal and verticle shift. I have a bergara rimfire in the store right now and I may have to bed it and see what it will do in the shooting tunnel.

MOwens79, go ahead and bed yours. I don't have any experience in that. But, you would have to shoot it beforehand to get a baseline.

Reactions: 300ATT
    Another update, I got the TriggerTech trigger in today and I'm not happy with it at all. Things started out really good. Got it installed get the pull weight down to around 6 oz and it felt good. Went to the bench and immediately when chambering a round the hammer would drop. Sometimes the rifle would fire and sometimes not. This followed me until I reached 10-11 oz and then the hammer drop went away. What didn't go away was the inconsistent pull weight and "I don't know if this is trigger related" but I started having a lot of misfires on all ammo brands. The round always fired the second time and frequency was probably 1 out of 15 or so. I did inspect the rim and they were light strikes. Not sure if anyone remembers but I mention how hard the firing pin hit the orange plastic dummy rounds when dry firing. They would shatter with one hit. I noticed when setting up the TT Trigger than the hits were soft on the dummy round. This might explain a lot of the vertical stringing I had. I have already talked to a guy named Ed at TT and will be sending this trigger back. Honestly I didn't pay all this money for a trigger to have inconsistency and only go down to 10-11 oz.

So today I shot another 450 rounds that consisted of all the SK brands I had plus the Federal and a few others. It's amazing the results you get when using quality match ammo over plinking ammo. Dollar wise I'm talking $7+ a box vs. $2 - $5 a box. I will have photos later on showing the TT Trigger install and today's targets.

• Sad
    Reactions: Stackon212
    How does TT compare to the factory Tikka trigger? Was it pretty crisp, non mushy, etc. Ignoring the inconsistent pull issue... I know when I backed out my spring too much on my Tikka I had that issue... at around 12 oz it stayed consistent. I run mine now at 16oz.

The Tikka and TT trigger are very similar in trigger movement. Both are single stage, neither have any creep or movement before release. Overtravel on both is almost nonexistent. Because the pre-travel and over travel are near perfect, the TT trigger only comes with one adjustment and that's for pull weight. Right now the TT is a little lighter than my Tikka's but nowhere near where it should be.