• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B14 HMR 7mm Rem Mag...?

Wyzrd

Harder than a coffin nail
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    I just saw that Bergara is offering their HMR in 7rem mag, and I’m curious if anybody has one and can share their thoughts on it...?

I live and hunt (elk and mule deer) in Wyoming where longer shots aren’t uncommon at all (to date my furthest shot on a critter has been just under 600 yds). Anyways, I’ve always liked the 7mm Rem Mag for a LR/hunting cartridge- especially with the 168gr Berger HVLD.

So, I’m wanting to see if anyone has hands on experience with one of these rifles before I buy one... thanks guys!

I have like 700 168gr VLD, love them. I also want a 7mm rem mag from bergara. Seeing as they just released left hand actions, and a 7mm rem mag, I'm hoping sooner, rather than later, they release a 7mm left hand premier. Have you shot a bergara? I have an HMR pro in 6.5 creedmoor. It's my first true precision rifle, not just a hunting rifle that is really accurate, and I am blown away by it.

The HMRs are ok but are somewhat mass produced and some are better than others. I wouldn't buy one online. Handle them until you find a good one and then barter to get a good price. Also they have smallish screws for the rail mount and it's important to torque precisely and use loctite. Otherwise I like them. They are a lot of rifle for 800 bucks

Reactions: Wyzrd