• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B14 HMR AICS Lightweight Stock Option

sanddanw

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2020
Cody WY
I have a Bergara HMR Pro 6.5 PRC SA with a #6 26" barrel and a 4 lb factory stock with AICS mags. I am hoping to find a way to swap out to a sub 2lb stock for hunting in the mtns. I am curious if I can easily without mods use a Remington 700 BDL style stock for heavy barrels or is this conversion not easily done?

If you are good with a chassis check out the XLR Element Magnesium. It is 2lb 10oz with a TR2 Tactical buttstock. It is AICS ready and I have never seen a need to bed one of their chassis out of the 6 I have.

Ag composite or stocky stocks carbon fiber?! Both come in at or just under 2lb and can be had with bdl inlet

Reactions: sanddanw
I'm pretty sure the bergaras is proprietary. I had a ridge that I put into a hs precision stock off a r700LR and I couldn't use the bergaras bdl bottom metal. I had to use the bottom metal from the 700. You could probably find a used 700bdl bottom metal super cheap.

The ag could be order in any inlet. The stocky stocks only comes in a 700bdl inlet or a badger m5 inlet.

I’m new to this but if it has Bdl inlet I can use my action that has aics mags?
You would buy a stock with bottom metal. M5 is typically the most common. Some MFG like Grawboe list a Bergara option and I believe Foundation can mill out to the Bergara specks.

You will be better off in the long game to buy a M5 bottom metal incase you decide to sell the stock and go to something else. a Rem 700 SA footprint w/ M5 inlet will sell easier than one for Bergara specifically.

The Grayboe Trekker with M5 bottom metal will be right at your 2 pound limit. The "universal" cut for Remington 700 and clones will work great on Bergaras. They're running a sale right now with "free" M5 bottom metal on select SKUs, there's a few different colors listed right now.

I have a Phoenix on a Bergara right now, and would generally pick that stock over the Trekker for ergonomics, but it's over your weight limit by half a pound.