• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B14 HMR triggers.

WJRock

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2023
Chicago
I have the stock trigger in my Bergara B14 HMR and want to replace it with the Trigger tech Remington 700 Special. But, for the purpose of long range target shooting and hopefully competitive shooting, should I be looking at the TT Diamond?

I am still developing my skills, so is it more practical to buy the Special or go ahead and get the Diamond?

Thanks in advance.

What do you dislike on the stock trigger?

The trigger on my Bergara is crisp and light. Perhaps I got lucky from the factory.

Reactions: DubfromGA
I put TT Diamonds in both of mine…..looking back on it, however, the Specials would have worked great.

As stated, it simply depends on how low you want to run them.

IMG_2067.jpeg

The trigger on my Bergara is crisp and light. Perhaps I got lucky from the factory.
They're really good for a factory trigger, but I went with a TT Special to get to a sub 1.5# pull weight and the straight blade.

You just had different expectations.

They have a nice crisp trigger. It's heavy as hell though as mine only adjusted to 3 lbs.

I replaced it with a bix & andy set at 10oz.

I don't dislike the Bergara stock trigger. I probably need more practice with it to understand the feel of it. But, I'm feeling a bit of interrupted motion when squeezing the trigger through follow through. A little jerking that bothers me. It could also be a reaction to my rear bag???

I'm trying to eliminate as much human error as possible.
But, more practice and patience will go a long way.

Thanks to all for you experience and advice.

I don't dislike the Bergara stock trigger. I probably need more practice with it to understand the feel of it. But, I'm feeling a bit of interrupted motion when squeezing the trigger through follow through. A little jerking that bothers me. It could also be a reaction to my rear bag???

I'm trying to eliminate as much human error as possible.
But, more practice and patience will go a long way.

Thanks to all for you experience and advice.
I have two B-14 HMR’s and a sporter-weight B-14 in .308 that is a deer rifle.

The stock triggers in each were really good. In times past I would have left them alone.
Now, however, I find myself wanting some things in life exactly as I want them….period. For target use I am really pleased with the feel of those flat TT triggers in the HMR target rifles. For hunting, the stock trigger in the sporter is more than adequate.

Sometimes you simply want what you want and that is reason enough.

I have been putting TT in more of my rifles these days….even these two M700’s that will be coming out of the safe for some range time.

92E5C9E1-DE6B-49D6-96FD-B290768585AD.jpeg
CF5AC410-128E-4017-A3AE-4D58813268D7.jpeg

My 6.5 Grendel is wearing one….as soon will my AR-10 .308.

Will be adding these pins to the pair of AR/TT

25BEBCBE-88F3-4620-95B8-1D1AAB54A6EA.jpeg

5C3FDADE-800D-4BA0-8547-A18898B93975.jpeg

Anti-walk pins are pointless with Triggertech drop-ins. They have two screws in the rear to tighten the mil-spec pins against the receiver. Rise makes those pins to fix the issue with their triggers.

Anti-walk pins are pointless with Triggertech drop-ins. They have two screws in the rear to tighten the mil-spec pins against the receiver. Rise makes those pins to fix the issue with their triggers.

Good to know. Thanks. (y)

I was warned to use these buy someone who knows a pile more about AR's than I do.....and figured it wouldn't hurt.
Waited until one of the Primary Arms sales to grab 'em.

The stock triggers in each were really good. In times past I would have left them alone.
Now, however, I find myself wanting some things in life exactly as I want them….period. For target use I am really pleased with the feel of those flat TT triggers in the HMR target rifles. For hunting, the stock trigger in the sporter is more than adequate.

I have been putting TT in more of my rifles these days….even these two M700’s that will be coming out of the safe for some range time.

View attachment 8336642View attachment 8336643

View attachment 8336644
View attachment 8336645

View attachment 8336644
View attachment 8336645

View attachment 8336644
View attachment 8336645

Thank you for your candor. "Now, however, I find myself wanting some things in life exactly as I want them….period." and "
Sometimes you simply want what you want and that is reason enough"
You are absolutely right. Going with the TT Diamond