• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Bergara B14 or older Remington 700 Sendero 300 WM for LR hunting rifle.

Would you purchase the Sendero or Bergara 300 WM for a LR hunting rifle.

• Bergara

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Sendero

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    A friend has asked which would be a better hunting rifle. I read a couple threads on the Bergara here, and some reports are good, some feedback not so much. The Sendero probably has had less than one box of ammo through it. For the bare rifles, Bergara new at local store, and the Sendero dusty but like new, the price is comparable.

Personally I have had very good luck with the older Remingtons, VSSF's and one 25-06 Sendero. All were tack drivers with minimal load development. Barrel on the Sendero is not threaded for a brake or suppressor.

Looking for recommendations on which would likely be the best approach... particularly from those who have shot Bergaras.
    I would lean towards the Sendero, based on not having experience with the other rifle. To keep this simple probably not going to toss a Tikka into the fray.

I also suggested that perhaps he should pick up a used 700 LA and send it off to a reputable smith for a custom barrel install... probably the best approach for an accurate LR hunting rig.

Last edited: