• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B14R barrel swap

FURLAN1098R

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2020
Canada
Few questions I'm try to find answers too.

Wondering if anyone has swapped out their factory Bergara B14R barrel?
I am going to upgrade the factory barrel to an IBI barrel and need some advice on how to remove the factory barrel.
I have the Short Action Customs wrench and #1 insert which fits the action but stops at the ejector.
Do I need to remove the ejector to get the action wrench right up to the face of barrel or do I unthread the barrel with the wrench just before the ejector.

Thank you.

from what I see on the SAC website, the action wrench is suitable for a B14, but you are trying to use it on a B14R. they are different. my guess is that it is probably hanging up on a part of the ejector.

I would suspect that if you tried to use it as such, you would significantly increase the risk of twisting the action.

from what I see on the SAC website, the action wrench is suitable for a B14, but you are trying to use it on a B14R. they are different. my guess is that it is probably hanging up on a part of the ejector.

I would suspect that if you tried to use it as such, you would significantly increase the risk of twisting the action.
Thanks