• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B14R with Magpul Hunter 700 SA stock?

PonchatoulaJay

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2017
Jacksonville,FL
I recently purchased a Bergara b14r rimfire barreled action only, and would like to know If it will work the Magpul 700 hunter SA stock? I know its based off the REM 700 action but could find a photos or information on fitment.

It's a horrible stock for target shooting. Get a KRG Bravo instead. You can thank me later.

Yes, the magpul stock will fit with no issues...unless you want to put a flat trigger one the gun...the Magpul won't work then. That was my first choice for my B14R barreled action...one shooting session later I sold it and bought the KRG. Take my word for it, the Magpul stock sucks next to the KRG BRavo.

It's a horrible stock for target shooting. Get a KRG Bravo instead. You can thank me later.

Yes, the magpul stock will fit with no issues...unless you want to put a flat trigger one the gun...the Magpul won't work then. That was my first choice for my B14R barreled action...one shooting session later I sold it and bought the KRG. Take my word for it, the Magpul stock sucks next to the KRG BRavo.
Thank you for the reply. I already have Bravo stock for my Rem 700 SA, they are awesome! I have the opportunity do get the Magpul for a very good price and wanted to try it out to make sure there are no mag feeding problems with b14r because of their known sensitivity aftermarket chassis and stocks.

Well, as long as you are getting a very good price...you can just resell it for a profit when you find out the Bravo is SO MUCH BETTER.
If Magpul would make a target version of that stock, I'd be all over it...but that grip angle is horrible; needs to be as close to 90 degrees as possible.

The mags never gave me an issue, worked perfectly. I know some people have issues getting the Bravo stock to work with B14R mags, but I never had the problem...guess I got lucky. I got luckier when I found that the polymer Vudoo mags that DID NOT work with the Magpul stock, suddenly ran perfectly in the KRG Bravo.

Reactions: PonchatoulaJay
Well, as long as you are getting a very good price...you can just resell it for a profit when you find out the Bravo is SO MUCH BETTER.
If Magpul would make a target version of that stock, I'd be all over it...but that grip angle is horrible; needs to be as close to 90 degrees as possible.

The mags never gave me an issue, worked perfectly. I know some people have issues getting the Bravo stock to work with B14R mags, but I never had the problem...guess I got lucky. I got luckier when I found that the polymer Vudoo mags that DID NOT work with the Magpul stock, suddenly ran perfectly in the KRG Bravo.
I'm glad you talked me into it. I took my black Bravo stock from Rem 700 and dropped in the B14R and it fits great. The mag fits great too. I took it outside put it on safe and ran a few full mags without any feeding or ejecting issues so far. It also looks like they have improved their ejector ton he newer runs. Mine looks very solid and tighter than what I've seen on videos and pictures on the internet where its very sloppy. To me it looks a machined piece of metal rather than stamp steel. Now I'm going to order a Sako green Bravo for my Rem 700.

thanks again
Jayson

Reactions: AZ Dan
If weight is a major factor - the Magpul would be a good deal lighter, my guess. Another one to look at, imo, is the Oryx chassis.

Reactions: PonchatoulaJay
If weight is a major factor - the Magpul would be a good deal lighter, my guess. Another one to look at, imo, is the Oryx chassis.

Your guess would be wrong.

The Magpul weights just a little over 3 lbs with the detachable magazine bottom metal (3lbs 2.2 oz)

The KRG Bravo weights 2.9 lbs, ready to go out of the box.

The Oryx is the heaviest, at 4.2lbs.

I recently purchased a Bergara b14r rimfire barreled action only, and would like to know If it will work the Magpul 700 hunter SA stock? I know its based off the REM 700 action but could find a photos or information on fitment.
20221204_174216.jpg Fits just fine

Can anyone post the screw length required to make a Bergara receiver work on the Magpul Pro or Pro Lite (i'm assuming they are the same mounting screw)?

Thanks!

Dave