• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara BMR is damaging the projectile

sparkyv

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2022
Deepinnaheartta, Texas
My Bergara BMR is damaging the projectile tip and perhaps the driving band when feeding from the magazine. It happens with all 4 magazines and multiple ammo types. It most assuredly is negatively affecting accuracy. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I did the trigger mod with great satisfaction, but if I have to send it to the Mothership, will they undo my trigger job? This will be cross posted.

20220514_202609.jpg

It appears the round is hitting the top of the chamber when it is entering I suggest looking/feeling for a sharper than normal edge at the chamber 12 o'clock position. There should be an edge break at that location. Regardless, you should contact Bergara, show them the photos and ask what is causing this and how to fix it.

Reactions: sparkyv
I had a few issues with my BMR Carbon today, it wasn't clearly ejecting spent cases, and ended up causing malfunctions. It doesn't sound like the same issue yours was having, but the ammo I was using was TAC-22 modified with a Waltz die. Not blaming it on the modified ammo, or the rifle, but something was happening, I will have to figure out what was actually causing it...operator error probably had something to do with mine today.

I had some problems with mags today also, the rounds didn't pop up to the top of the mag, like they should to feed on the next round...I have no idea what that was about. Happened with three of my 10 round mags (modded and non-modded ammo), pretty sure they were loaded properly, but had to take the mags out and tap them on the bench for the next round to pop up where it should have by default.