• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara BMR Micro Rimfire .22 LR

I have a feeling that there is a problem. If you go to their website and search rifles rimfire there is no mention of the BMR. I sent an email requesting info, waiting on a reply.

Not out yet. No word from my rep when they'll start shipping, either. :mad:
The point I was making is a couple weeks ago if you went to their website they showed the BMR with specs, info, and a form to be notified when available, but now nothing.

Reactions: A&8's
You asked, we listened.....we just don't have it available for over 9 months for some reason. 🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20211005-155210_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: A&8's
You asked, we listened.....we just don't have it available for over 9 months for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

If you haven't noticed, raw materials supply is crazy.

Make sure you have a good set of tires, they're getting harder to find and may be as bad as gun stuff by next spring.

The fact that anyone is attempting to produce a new product right now is crazy.

looks like a few are out.
Mark

Does anyone know the action‘s o.d. and length? I know it’s called the “Micro” but I haven’t seen those measurements.

I highly recommend checking out the Christensen Arms Ranger 22... I'm loving mine more every time I shoot it. About 250 rounds down it now, zero issues, no extraction problems, and it's shooting 1/3 MOA groups @ 100 yards, and printed a 1.200" 3-shot group @ 200 yards.

Just throwing it out there for options if folks are having problems getting the BMR, and don't want to wait.

I highly recommend checking out the Christensen Arms Ranger 22... I'm loving mine more every time I shoot it. About 250 rounds down it now, zero issues, no extraction problems, and it's shooting 1/3 MOA groups @ 100 yards, and printed a 1.200" 3-shot group @ 200 yards.

Just throwing it out there for options if folks are having problems getting the BMR, and don't want to wait.

We get it, you like your rifle.

Some of us had to deal with their 3moa is acceptable customer service.

You can stop parroting CA. We all know they exist.

I played with the BMR at the GAP Grind match a couple weeks ago. I thought it was fantastic! On par with the tikka and 457. It's a great little squirrel killer, but I don't love the stock for nrl/prs matches. Very light and nimble rifle, much like the ranger, but hopefully more reliable. The rep there said a ton have hit Atlanta and will be shipping out now. He said the accuracy on the carbon ones have been fantastic.

Reactions: chevy_man
We get it, you like your rifle.

Some of us had to deal with their 3moa is acceptable customer service.

You can stop parroting CA. We all know they exist.
Just because you had a shitty gun and shitty customer service doesn’t mean to have to be a dick to random people who didn’t.

“We ALL know you had a bad experience with CA, and that production lemons exist. You can stop parroting it now.” 👍🏼

Reactions: DeucesWild
Just because you had a shitty gun and shitty customer service doesn’t mean to have to be a dick to random people who didn’t.

“We ALL know you had a bad experience with CA, and that production lemons exist. You can stop parroting it now.” 👍🏼
It wasn't 1, it was 3 in a row, and the store had so many issues they quit selling them.

You're in every thread for everything else, acting like a paid shill.

It wasn't 1, it was 3 in a row, and the store had so many issues they quit selling them.

You're in every thread for everything else, acting like a paid shill.
There's the new gun community "racist" term being thrown around again... Shill means absolutely nothing now, because people like you overuse it, and call everyone a "shill" that likes something you don't. Yall are just as bad as the Dems/Libs running around calling someone a "racist" because they brought up logic. 🤣 I'm not paid by anyone or any company. So you can get over that shit.

It sucks you had a bad experience with it, but attacking someone who didn't just because they're excited about their purchase and have had unusually good luck (for once in a long time) with taking a chance on something, doesn't mean I'm a shill. There's a LOT of people on the internet (seems to be a vast majority) that have also had really good experiences with them, other than the extraction issues that part of the very first run had. As far as accuracy goes, I see nothing but positive experiences (and people being surprisingly impressed) on the internet from other buyers. So, it's obviously a decent rifle, that just had a few flaws that needed to be corrected.

Chevy_man’s point remains - you’re in a Bergara thread when the OP asked NOTHING about the Christensen Arms’ offering! I’m looking forward to some reports on the BMR.

Reactions: Natureman
There's the new gun community "racist" term being thrown around again... Shill means absolutely nothing now, because people like you overuse it, and call everyone a "shill" that likes something you don't. Yall are just as bad as the Dems/Libs running around calling someone a "racist" because they brought up logic. 🤣 I'm not paid by anyone or any company. So you can get over that shit.

It sucks you had a bad experience with it, but attacking someone who didn't just because they're excited about their purchase and have had unusually good luck (for once in a long time) with taking a chance on something, doesn't mean I'm a shill. There's a LOT of people on the internet (seems to be a vast majority) that have also had really good experiences with them, other than the extraction issues that part of the very first run had. As far as accuracy goes, I see nothing but positive experiences (and people being surprisingly impressed) on the internet from other buyers. So, it's obviously a decent rifle, that just had a few flaws that needed to be corrected.

So you're excited you got a good one.

Why do you feel the need to tell anyone asking about every other rifle they need a CA instead?

So you're excited you got a good one.

Why do you feel the need to tell anyone asking about every other rifle they need a CA instead?
🙄 Not playing into your stupidity man. Pathetic how grown men can act so immature on the internet behind the guise of anonymity.

My LGS just called after talking to their Bergara rep and was told that mine will be available in February 2022. I ordered a carbon so I could have a nice light play rifle. Really looking forward to it.

🙄 Not playing into your stupidity man. Pathetic how grown men can act so immature on the internet behind the guise of anonymity.

Oh, is that why you're going around looking for a pat on the back because you bought a CA?

Hey, did you hear they offer a centerfire option? You should do tell all the guys in the bolt gun forum about them!

Oh, is that why you're going around looking for a pat on the back because you bought a CA?

Hey, did you hear they offer a centerfire option? You should do tell all the guys in the bolt gun forum about them!
Responding 27.5 hours later with a smartass comment...

It's quite apparent at this point that your lack of ability to let it go, is just another one of your desperate cries for attention. And the easiest way to get that fix is to continue to stir shit, because negative attention is just as good as positive attention right?

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Responding 27.5 hours later with a smartass comment...

It's quite apparent at this point that your lack of ability to let it go, is just another one of your desperate cries for attention. And the easiest way to get that fix is to continue to stir shit, because negative attention is just as good as positive attention right?

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Sorry, had to take the day off. Couldn't stand all the attention.

Mine came in today(steel) . I dropped a leftover 10X SWFA scope on it an will head to the range tomorrow. Out of the box the trigger is 2.5 lbs and pretty crisp. Action is a bit stiff, but nothing a couple of hundred rounds won't fix. We'll see.

Reactions: nakoa01
Mine came in today(steel) . I dropped a leftover 10X SWFA scope on it an will head to the range tomorrow. Out of the box the trigger is 2.5 lbs and pretty crisp. Action is a bit stiff, but nothing a couple of hundred rounds won't fix. We'll see.
Very curious to see how it shoots. Please let us know the details of type of ammo shot, distance, groupings, etc...

If your rifle shoots sub 0.50" at 50 yards, I will be buying one as well. Looking for a lighter weight companion to my B14R.

Baby Bergara Range report:

First outing with the BMR. It shot pretty well. In fact pretty impressively. Trigger is about 2.5 lbs, crisp with no creep , a little over-travel, but nothing serious. Does not seem to sensitive about ammo. In my mind that's the sign of a good barrel. Didn't need any seasoning or break-in. I cleaned it and checked it with the borescope band before firing, It's clean, with very few tool marks. Sighted in at 25 and shot some bug hole groups. I moved back to 50 for some more formal testing. So far SK rifle Match is the winner, but not by much. Mags worked well mostly, dropped clean, and are easy to handle. However the 10 rounder will only take 8 comfortably. 9 is a struggle, 10 is a fight.
So what are the cons? Well the 8/10 round mag. Plus they are not available anywhere. Even on Bergara's site. The stock is hollow plastic, so it has a definite muzzle forward balance. I will have to add some weight to the butt stock to get a more neutral balance. Also needs a cheek riser. It would be an ok design if Bergara didn't put the rail on, but now it;s too low. Hopefully some aftermarket chassis will show up soon.

Targets were shot at 50 yards with all 5 shot groups. grid is 1/4 in pattern. center diamond is 1/2 in. I didn't change any scope settings between targets.

It's a keeper. Only minor work and it will be an excellent NRL production gun.

Attachments

• IMG_20211023_133654479.jpg
    IMG_20211023_133654479.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG_20211023_133641174.jpg
    IMG_20211023_133641174.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 588
I'm impressed, that thing shoots real good. Mine's coming next week I can only hope it does as well as yours RALA.

I'm impressed, that thing shoots real good. Mine's coming next week I can only hope it does as well as yours RALA.
Let's hope so. With Bergara's reputation and past performance, I think it's a safe bet. I'm ok with a "wood lottery" not a barreled action.

I have one coming in the shop next week. Trying to decide if I should sell or keep.

Yesterday I handled both the steel and carbon bmr rifles at my local shop. They are nice but I had little urge to buy one. I simply cannot buy a new rifle with a sporter type pistol grip. I much prefer a stock with a vertical grip these days. If buying a vintage rifle, then a sporter style slanted pistol grip is fine. On a new rifle, it is unforegivable.
The actions seem nice, the magazine seems quality, the bolt handle I liked a lot. the steel barreled rifle is what I would buy. However, I do have their carbon BXR and I like it just fine.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Ok thanks
For me it would be better to get a B14 carbon barreled action and a spotter style stock like an At-1

Ok thanks
For me it would be better to get a B14 carbon barreled action and a spotter style stock like an At-1
I have a B14R carbon....the factory bergara stock is immensely better than a At-1.

The factory stock is assured to have proper lock up and fit with the mags.

And I'm not sure barreled action comes with bottom metal....so your gonna have to figure that out potentially as well.

Thr carbon also comes in the more desireable black with grey fleck stock versus the brown one. You end up not like it....its easy to sell to some other B14R owner.

Reactions: 308pirate
Yes I have. B14r carbon now and it is the best 22 I have! Also have a RPR with Shaw and Jard trigger the B14 is more accurate out of the box than the Ruger!

I got my new BMR home yesterday afternoon around 3:00.
I cleaned the barrel and slapped a scope and bipod on it. I didn't do anything else, didn't check the screws, didn't fiddle with the trigger. I didn't do any of the things I'd normally do with a new rifle. I wanted to get a few rounds downrange.
Bergar BMR Micro.jpg

My impression is much the same as RALA relates above. Action a little rough, expect it to smooth up with use. Trigger about 2.5#. Only loaded 5 rounds in each magazine. Zero feeding problems in about 50 rounds but the bolt was hard to close a few times. Don't know why.

I shot 10 rounds of CCI quiet then switched to Norma Tac-22. This group is the 16th through 20th rounds I shot through the rifle.
BBMR first group.jpg

She's a keeper.

Didn't try any more groups. Shot some steel for fun.

Next week I hope to have more time to test different ammo.

I got my new BMR home yesterday afternoon around 3:00.
I cleaned the barrel and slapped a scope and bipod on it. I didn't do anything else, didn't check the screws, didn't fiddle with the trigger. I didn't do any of the things I'd normally do with a new rifle. I wanted to get a few rounds downrange.

My impression is much the same as RALA relates above. Action a little rough, expect it to smooth up with use. Trigger about 2.5#. Only loaded 5 rounds in each magazine. Zero feeding problems in about 50 rounds but the bolt was hard to close a few times. Don't know why.

I shot 10 rounds of CCI quiet then switched to Norma Tac-22. This group is the 16th through 20th rounds I shot through the rifle.

She's a keeper.

Didn't try any more groups. Shot some steel for fun.

Next week I hope to have more time to test different ammo.

Thanks for the pictures and initial impressions. I definitely don't need any additional ,22 rifles but this one has my eye.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Not sure it's really a diameter but it's roughly 1.070" wide best I could measure in the stock with the scope in the way. Heading to work now, no time.

Reactions: ohiofarmer
Yep, these do look very interesting!! I’d like to see one also, will definitely end up in my safe.

I'd like a 22" barrel option.

I just ordered one in 22lr, steel barrel. $470 shipped.

If anyone orders the carbon, and would like to trade stocks, let me know :).