• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara BMR

bsekf

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2019
Is the BMR available? Where? How does it compare to the B14R? Does a Rem 700 clone trigger drop in both?

The BMR is available.Sportsman Warehouse has them in stock. It is a lighter weight gun than the B14R. The BMR is not a 700 footprint like the B14R. Both take a 700 trigger.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Already said, but yes...they take a 700 trigger. I put a Trigger Tech Diamond in mine.

OK thanks. Which is the biggest bang for the buck? T1, Ranger or the BMR, the Christensen Ranger is pricey, is it worth it? Is the B14R head and shoulders better?

OK thanks. Which is the biggest bang for the buck? T1, Ranger or the BMR, the Christensen Ranger is pricey, is it worth it? Is the B14R head and shoulders better?
Of the 3, the T1X best bang for the buck. Just depends what you are going to do with the gun. I would like to have a BWR, but I have a T1X, it shoots light out. I had it in a KRG Bravo, but have it back in Factory stock, for a light off hand shooting and hunting. If you want a light gun all would be good.

If want a gun for PRS / NRL or long range shooting, Yes the B14R is head and shoulders better.

Last edited:
I own both a B14R and a BMR. With the same ammo, Lapua Center-X, they B14R will group a 50 yard 6x5 average of 0.318". My steel barrel BMR will do a 50 yard 6x5 average of 0.342". Both rifles have OEM triggers I've modified to run at 2lbs. Both shoot under 1 moa at 100 yards with Center-X.

The BMR is a hell of a bargain. Half the weight of my B14R.