• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara CS experience

Doctorwho1138

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2010
Deep in the woods
My brother and I both bought a Bergara B14r with the CF barrel. Well mine shot perfectly in an MPA chassis while my brother’s was having failures to feed. They both shoot great accuracy wise. While at the range we switched the bolts and then the rifle that was having failures to feed was functioning properly.

At this point, he contacted Bergara and they asked him to send the rifle back with the MPA chassis. Both of our rifles were essentially brand new because we have been waiting on a Vortex Strike Eagle scope for months. So the rifle sent back essentially had less than 100 rounds through it. Bergara sent an RMA and a label for shipping.

just got the rifle back yesterday and what they sent back surprised me. My brothers brand new black chassis was banged up and badly scraped on the right hand side of the stock. Granted it’s a rifle and meant to be used but do gunsmiths work like this regularly and banged up clients firearms? I had sent the rifle back in a Plano hard case and they mailed it back in a Bergara box with zero padding. They instructed that they replaced the bolt with a new bolt but the bolt received looks like a refurbished bolt with a lot of wear on the black surfaces. No way it’s a new bolt. Also they accused my brother of dry firing the rifle because of a burr in the chamber but he insists he never dry fired it without a dummy round. Which I believe him. The rifle seems to cycle fine now but the experience has been kinda a turn off.

so my question is this. Is this tye type of CS expected From gun manufacturers these days? Neither my brother nor I have ever have had to repair work done for a firearm. I own custom guns and I did have to send one of those back but it came back in perfect condition.

• Angry
Reactions: Cowpokey
OMFG,i would be in there eyes like fucking onion's.... I would drive in reverse if i had to there shop/plant and demand a brand new rifle,, no offense but the vudoo guys send your stuff back better than when you sent it,and they fix what is wrong without jacking up your stock and scratching your shit... Sorry but i would contact whoever is in charge of that shitty warrantee work or i would demand One way or another a new stock and bolt they would fix my shit
right not half ass Sorryy to hear that, but hopefully now others will see what they are in for if there rifle isnt right when it gets to the owner.... Wow what a shit show..
Sorry to hear that....

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
It is bad c.s. and so is scratching your rifle up and sending it back in a cardboard box.... Let me guess its covid fault????

OMFG,i would be in there eyes like fucking onion's.... I would drive in reverse if i had to there shop/plant and demand a brand new rifle,, no offense but the vudoo guys send your stuff back better than when you sent it,and they fix what is wrong without jacking up your stock and scratching your shit... Sorry but i would contact whoever is in charge of that shitty warrantee work or i would demand One way or another a new stock and bolt they would fix my shit
right not half ass Sorryy to hear that, but hopefully now others will see what they are in for if there rifle isnt right when it gets to the owner.... Wow what a shit show..
Sorry to hear that....
Well we put some Aluminum Black and it looks better and you have to see it in person to see the dings. It’s a rifle so and it will get used out in the field. Just really disappointed that they didn’t try and take care of their clients possession while in their possession. I am sure the rifle will shoot great but I would caution anyone from using their CS if it can be avoided.

Very well said,,,wish i could be that calm when my shit was all jacked up... Nah nevermind. They should know better, and sometimes flipping your lid on some idiots gets things done... Good luck

Very well said,,,wish i could be that calm when my shit was all jacked up... Nah nevermind. They should know better, and sometimes flipping your lid on some idiots gets things done... Good luck
Yeah. Maybe he should raise some
Hell, but realistically is the life cycle of the rifle diminished by them replacing a new bolt with a used one? There is no way of telling how many rounds that bolt has been used. I will be emailing Bergara and asking for an explanation of why they did things the way that they did. After all of this, I wish we would have both bought some Vudoos. He told me no way he would ever buy anything Bergara again and he wish he didn’t in the first place. If he wanted a used rifle, he would have bought a used rifle. I will let you know what they come back with.

I lost a rear action screw and emailed Bergara about getting a replacement. Had one in the mail free of charge in two days. Any easier fix for sure but they treated me well.

Here is the gouge on the butt stock. It’s big enough to catch a thumbnail. Also some scratches above the vertical grip. There are about 5 or 6 more marks like that on the other side.
9D07E8C8-61F4-4975-AD55-BED4F2D310B0.jpeg
CD01C74A-AB41-41BF-8DB8-2674D45DEED3.jpeg

My brother and I both bought a Bergara B14r with the CF barrel. Well mine shot perfectly in an MPA chassis while my brother’s was having failures to feed. They both shoot great accuracy wise. While at the range we switched the bolts and then the rifle that was having failures to feed was functioning properly.

At this point, he contacted Bergara and they asked him to send the rifle back with the MPA chassis. Both of our rifles were essentially brand new because we have been waiting on a Vortex Strike Eagle scope for months. So the rifle sent back essentially had less than 100 rounds through it. Bergara sent an RMA and a label for shipping.

just got the rifle back yesterday and what they sent back surprised me. My brothers brand new black chassis was banged up and badly scraped on the right hand side of the stock. Granted it’s a rifle and meant to be used but do gunsmiths work like this regularly and banged up clients firearms? I had sent the rifle back in a Plano hard case and they mailed it back in a Bergara box with zero padding. They instructed that they replaced the bolt with a new bolt but the bolt received looks like a refurbished bolt with a lot of wear on the black surfaces. No way it’s a new bolt. Also they accused my brother of dry firing the rifle because of a burr in the chamber but he insists he never dry fired it without a dummy round. Which I believe him. The rifle seems to cycle fine now but the experience has been kinda a turn off.

so my question is this. Is this tye type of CS expected From gun manufacturers these days? Neither my brother nor I have ever have had to repair work done for a firearm. I own custom guns and I did have to send one of those back but it came back in perfect condition.
So you sent the rifle in packed in a Plano hard case and they sent the rifle back in a Bergara box? Is that a just a cardboard box? Did you get your Plano hard case back?

So you sent the rifle in packed in a Plano hard case and they sent the rifle back in a Bergara box? Is that a just a cardboard box? Did you get your Plano hard case back?
That's what I want to know - Pretty poor CS based on the OP's description but if a cardboard box was returned in place of my Plano hard case, I would taking that up with Bergara ASAP!

Nope. He didn’t get it back. Just a Bergara box. But he and I are not honestly worried about that. We both have lots of cases and before we owned a safe, We would just stack our rifles in our closets in transit cases. He is more worried about a bolt that He doesnt know the mileage on and their carelessness in taking care of his rifle. It was a brand spanking new rifle. So now even if He sells it, he has to disclose that Bergara sent me a bolt with unknown round count. To be honest, we were both happy before. I have a nice rifle and it shoots great. He has a rifle that I am sure will shoot great. That we don’t know yet but it seems to be feeding fine. Which was the original problem. But we have lost faith in them as a company. Replacing new parts with used parts is not cool in my book. The Al black does a Decent job of covering the marks all over the rifle but it’s still frustrating. Now every time we go shooting with them, it will be a topic of conversation.

Last edited:
I've dealt with Bergara CS with good luck but that's a shame if they treated your poorly and you should address it with them to have them make it right. They should have at least returned the rifle in a box similar to the one in the background of your photos with the Styrofoam padding cut to fit the rifle. Kind of shocked they would send it loose in a box when they have those padded inserts available for when they ship rifles. Good luck getting it straightened out.

I've dealt with Bergara CS with good luck but that's a shame if they treated your poorly and you should address it with them to have them make it right. They should have at least returned the rifle in a box similar to the one in the background of your photos with the Styrofoam padding cut to fit the rifle. Kind of shocked they would send it loose in a box when they have those padded inserts available for when they ship rifles. Good luck getting it straightened out.
They did send it in the box with the styrofoam inserts. It wasn’t poorly packaged in that regard. But after discussing this with him, he said all of his Plano cases are there and that he may have sent it in lots of bubble wrap. So that may not be an issue after all. He is now just going to order the folding stock from MPA which will negate the biggest scratch.

Ok. So I posted the wrong photo above. That’s the original bolt in my rifle. I updated the photos. The top one is the one in my rifle and the bottom one is the new bolt that they sent with his rifle replacing the one that was similar to the one on top The extractor design is slightly different but I don’t know anything about that The one that they send is even pitted a bit on the bottom
2883121E-1FA0-4B93-9EA2-2516E09D66FA.jpeg
2883121E-1FA0-4B93-9EA2-2516E09D66FA.jpeg
2E62C63F-5BCD-4DE4-902C-0E2AE55EB982.jpeg
1E3BB32E-8519-4722-9255-775B05EEA07A.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a B14 HMR. Sold it after I couldn't get any small primer 6.5 reloads to work. They didn't design the rifle around small rifle primers and therefore they dont care about your problems when trying to use their product in PRS. CS didn't care about my reloads. Didn't care that their rifle doesn't work with small rifle primed 6.5 ammo...never buy another one of those turds again.

I never sell guns but that gun was sold for a loss and I'm so glad I did.

I feel sorry when I see people with bergaras..

Buy once cry once, I've done it to. Sometimes you dont know till its to late. I built kidd 1022s cz 455 cz457 heard about the tikka and bergera, so i sold certain rifles and got a couple vudoos and never looked back, and now i could kick myself in the ass for not doing it way before. Buying guns is like buying vehicles, alot of people buy what everyone else is buying... Ive learned my lesson.....

So dry firing is a no no. Good to know. I dry fire mine all the time. Guess I better stop.
Yeah they said it causes burrs in the chamber. Not sure I believe that but that’s what they wrote on the work order. This particular rifle was never dry fired without a snap cap in. So dry firing is a no no.

Man thats unfortunate, I would be livid. You might want to contact user Chad@Bergara on this site maybe send him a PM he’s been very helpful to me in the past. Maybe he can help you get this resolved.

Man thats unfortunate, I would be livid. You might want to contact user Chad@Bergara on this site maybe send him a PM he’s been very helpful to me in the past. Maybe he can help you get this resolved.
Thanks for the heads up. I messaged him early this morning. Still have not heard back from Bergara through email. I don’t know what their response time is but they were pretty fast with the initial issue. Fingers crossed that this gets resolved. At a minimum, I would like a new bolt that wasn’t previously used.

Spoke with Chad today. Super nice guy and a true asset to Bergara. Getting a new bolt sent out whenever they become available. I didn’t push for anything about the stock because I didn’t see any point since a folding buttstock has already been ordered. So I will consider this situation resolved and Chad really was understanding and listened to what I had to say. Evidently the chassis was not suppose to be sent in with the barreled action in order to prevent stuff like this from happening.

Reactions: 629-4
Spoke with Chad today. Super nice guy and a true asset to Bergara. Getting a new bolt sent out whenever they become available. I didn’t push for anything about the stock because I didn’t see any point since a folding buttstock has already been ordered. So I will consider this situation resolved and Chad really was understanding and listened to what I had to say. Evidently the chassis was not suppose to be sent in with the barreled action in order to prevent stuff like this from happening.
So your Plano hard case is still missing? Not acceptable.

OFG

So your Plano hard case is still missing? Not acceptable.

OFG
No. That was a mistake. He thought he had but then went and counted his cases and realized that he didn’t send it in one because he couldn’t find a box to mail it in. That’s my bad for passing on that bad bit of information. I thought I clarified it earlier.

Just playing devil's advocate, I got no dog in this fight but UPS in all their Samsonite luggage handling finesse could have destroyed the plastic case and the "new" bolt could have been stoned/polished to smooth which would remove the finish. Even if all this were fact Bergara should have sent a letter explaining the situation.

Just playing devil's advocate, I got no dog in this fight but UPS in all their Samsonite luggage handling finesse could have destroyed the plastic case and the "new" bolt could have been stoned/polished to smooth which would remove the finish. Even if all this were fact Bergara should have sent a letter explaining the situation.
No plastic case. That was a mix up on our part. My apologies about that. The box had zero damage as well as the outer box. Stoning doesn’t look like the wear present on the bolt. The bolt even has pitting along one of the surfaces that you can feel with your finger nail. Chad admitted that it was a used bolt.