• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara for the win-Again

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
Minuteman
  • So. Picked up an HMR Pro 6 months back and it’s been a tack driver. My son and I have been sharing it but after he hit 3/3 Xs on his 600yd qualifying day at our range I figured it was time for his own rig.
    Found a Bergara 6mm Creed B14 HMR for $800 on gunbroker, added a Arken EP4 Shr 6-25 I had laying around and finally took it out to “break in” today. (Dad playing with sons birthday present)
    Didn’t know what to expect but after a few rounds to dial it in and one quick patch through the bore I printed this group with my load for my gun. Next two were shot quick into the sun yet still printed under .5 MOA . Looks like it likes the charge so I’m moving straight to seating depth and see what we find.
    It amazes me you can buy this much rifle for $800 today. That was unheard of a decade ago.
    122E2CE0-BFBB-4173-BCF7-2E49AAA9D987.jpeg
    567AE659-220E-49B6-97F7-CC4863C70152.pngDCC21BAA-5303-4CAF-890E-36B5A18B9D15.png

Great rifles. I’m in early stages of load development and have a .2” group with 142 smk.

In before "3 shots isn't a statistically relevant group."

... It is pretty amazing that you can get that kind of accuracy for that kind of money! Glad you and your son get to enjoy this sport together!

Reactions: Bender
    In before "3 shots isn't a statistically relevant group."

I almost added that as a caveat. 😁But my own HMR Pro does this time and again without a hiccup whether 5 or 10 shot groups and my cold bore always drops right in the middle. . I only get surprises when I’m screwing with loads. Which I don’t know why I bother anymore. It’s not a bench rest gun and sub .5 all day long with my current load is plenty good enough for punching paper since I don’t compete. Stretching it out to 600 was where it really blew me away. I expected things might open up a bit but nope. It performed well enough that I was encouraged to go ahead and jump into some 600 yd field precision matches later this year with my son. He is amped up to try it.

Reactions: earthtrekker1775