• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Bergara HMR 6.5

Pog

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 30, 2018
Missouri
Like new Bergara HMR with only 36 rounds of Hornady ELDM down the barrel. Rifle comes with everything it had when it was new 5 round mag and thread protector. Optic, Bipod, and Muzzle Brake not included. $925 to your FFL

Attachments

• 20210409_202828 (1).jpg
    20210409_202828 (1).jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 169
Two questions: It’s a 6.5....Creedmoor?
and is the action a Rem700 footprint ?

I’m sorry, but 2 more ?s. How did it shoot? And is the barrel 24” or 26”?? And do you happen to know the barrel contour? I’d be dropping into a chassis and the channel is fairly big. I can’t go with a sporter barrel.....but yours looks like it has some girth.

I’m sorry, but 2 more ?s. How did it shoot? And is the barrel 24” or 26”?? And do you happen to know the barrel contour? I’d be dropping into a chassis and the channel is fairly big. I can’t go with a sporter barrel.....but yours looks like it has some girth.
It has the factory 22" barrel 1:8 twist and shot 3/4 inch groups with Hornady 140 ELD's at 100 yards. It should fit fine in most of all the SA Rem700 chassis that are out currently. Which chassis were you putting it in?

Just pulled my factory barrel off, same configuration as @Pog’s. Here are some barrel OD measurements, starting at the action face (0”):
0”: 1.238”
4”: 0.940”
8”: 0.887”
12”: 0.844”
16”: 0.800”
20”: 0.753”

And that’s basically it, since some of the 22” overall length is dedicated to action and muzzle threads.

If you’re worried about a huge gap in your chassis, this barrel isn’t probably chubby enough to fill out a channel cut for an MTU or 1.25” straight taper. On the other hand, that’s not a great reason not to buy a solid rifle, and the HMR stocks routinely go quickly for $300 on here, so that’ll take the edge off your cost too.

I vote buy it and proceed with your chassis plan.

Thanks for the Info and time spent being so specific. My chassis is a McRees, which I originally bought to do little project w/ an older Rem700 youth model 7-.08. My son is now grown and the rifle just sits. The one thing I didn’t fully think through was the skinny contour and taper on the barrel, plus it’s only 20”.
When I dropped it in the chassis it looked ridiculous. So I briefly considered a new barrel, but the little rifle shoots lights out w/ the factory barrel, I would hate to separate.....I tried 3 diff factory loads which were all ok, but it really liked the Fed Prem 140 Noslers, to the tune of .5-.75” groups, in a cheap factory Tupperware stock. I can only imagine an improvement in a better stock.
Now here I am. Toying w/ the idea of selling mine and buying a BA. I wouldn’t mind another 6.5, but I have a prc that was just built.
Sorry to ramble.