• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara HMR B14 Wilderness 6.5CM. Not a bad shooter

JBarton

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2020
Wyoming
just purchased a Bergara HMR B14 Wilderness in 6.5 creedmoor and am pleasantly surprised how much I like it. Shooting Hornady 140gr BTHP's. Initial sight in and barrel break in is showing promise. Attached picture shows my cold bore shot and following 4 rounds at 100 yards the following day. Definitely room for improvement and will be trying some ELDM's to see if I can get better grouping. Curious to see how others have fared with this rifle. Let me know.

Attachments

• 20200716_193829.jpg
    20200716_193829.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 1,269
  • 20200717_152327.jpg
    20200717_152327.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 936
Good looking rifle, and the group isnt too bad at all, especially with factory ammo.....I'm actually looking at getting this same rifle but in 300prc. Looking for reviews led me to your post lol. Hopefully she turns out to be a shooter! Good luck.

Good looking rifle, and the group isnt too bad at all, especially with factory ammo.....I'm actually looking at getting this same rifle but in 300prc. Looking for reviews led me to your post lol. Hopefully she turns out to be a shooter! Good luck.
I know a few that have a begara and are nothing but pleased. I almost got the 6.5 prc but didn't reload at the time.
I am now reloading and have improved the guns accuracy. Im also building a 300PRC.

Factory loads from my testing for what its worth... just some crude suggestions but everything has been sub MOA. Except Berger 140 Elite if anyone wants to shed some light there?
My 6.5 HMR loves the 140 ELDM and 143 ELDX, no surprise there.
The American gunner 140s just always do good
Berger 140 Elite not so much, however the 130 hybrid target seem to group well.
Even the Superformance 120 GMX for varmint shot tight surprisingly

I have the HMR in 6.5 and couldn't be happier. The rifle God's struck this barrel though. I have yet to find a bullet that didn't shoot under 1/2 MOA with a little depth and powder changing.

I only ran factory 140 grain ELDM and Sig 140 grain BTHP with mine, and I only did that for Fire Formed brass. My 5" groups were decent, under 3/4 MOA but the SD's were horrible. 30's and 40's. This barrel does not like the big jump that factory ammo has. .050" ish jump and it shines.

I have the HMR in 6.5 and couldn't be happier. The rifle God's struck this barrel though. I have yet to find a bullet that didn't shoot under 1/2 MOA with a little depth and powder changing.

I only ran factory 140 grain ELDM and Sig 140 grain BTHP with mine, and I only did that for Fire Formed brass. My 5" groups were decent, under 3/4 MOA but the SD's were horrible. 30's and 40's. This barrel does not like the big jump that factory ammo has. .050" ish jump and it shines.
Im jumping mine .035" I started tighter and my groups tightened up between 0.025" to 0.045". I run 140gr Barnes match burners and hornady 140gr match bthp. I haven't tried much else hand loading.
It shot the 140gr American Gunner the best using box ammo. It didn't care for the ELDM's or ELDX's in the 140-143gr that much.

The only issue I have had with my 6.5 creedmoor is the action screws keep coming loose. Ive torqued them to 65in-lb multiple times . Used loctite last week. Should be good now.
Figured I would pass that on to help save some aggravation on you end.

Bergara B-14 HMR in 22-250 is the finest production rifle I have ever owned. Shoots .25 MOA. Last week hit for first time 1 mile with my RPR 6.5CM which is a good rifle, but I was more excited about hitting 1000 yards with the Bergara 22-250 with a 55 gr V-Max.

I love my Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5 CM. I have owned it for over a year now and with a handloaded ELD it shoots consistently around a half minute. I have had no issues with it as well.

I have the HMR Premier in 6.5 CM and it shoots factory loads into 0.5 - 3/4 " groups all day long. My go to load is the Hornady 140gr American Gunner as it comes out to about .70 a round. Haven't tried any handloading...but with how well this rifle shoots I highly doubt I can hold better than 1/2 MOA.

My dad bought the HMR in 300 Win and it's a 1MOA gun.

just purchased a Bergara HMR B14 Wilderness in 6.5 creedmoor and am pleasantly surprised how much I like it. Shooting Hornady 140gr BTHP's. Initial sight in and barrel break in is showing promise. Attached picture shows my cold bore shot and following 4 rounds at 100 yards the following day. Definitely room for improvement and will be trying some ELDM's to see if I can get better grouping. Curious to see how others have fared with this rifle. Let me know.
I have the HMR in 6.5 and it's crazy good. About to start putting hand loads in it, but I could not be happier with it. From the first shots they were so good I looked over at my buddy and we started laughing....'that'll do'.

Bergara makes a very impressive rifle. It is one of those brands that seems to not get the respect it deserves. Love the barrels. Price point is great on Bergara, and they make an entry level hunting rifle and a good tactical rifle.

I have a HMR in 22-250, .25MOA, last month, took it to a long range facility, starting hitting 600, 700, 800 and thought, Im going for a 1000. Yes, hit 1000 yards, 3 shoot, 55 gr V-Max (no wind was blowing)
Bergara is the finest factory rifle being produced today in my opinion.

Reactions: JBarton
I've put 935 rounds through my 6 5cm since July and with good hand loads can now shoot 3/8 moa consistently. Have shot it out to 1000 yards with no issues. Yes it is an awesome factory rifle.

Reactions: AAF
I own the LRP and it is a .3 MOA gun with hand loads and factory loads. But I ran across this Wilderness gun with what the pictures do no justice to, the meat on this barrel. It is one hefty barrel and I like some meat on my barrels. I couldn't resist for $1,029 and grabbed another. 6.5cm has been a great new round for me.

I only wish Bergara would make this rifle in .223. I have a Rem700 5R in .223 that we shoot to 1,300 regularly and it's a blast to shoot. It has a 20-inch barrel, but I'd like a 24' hefty barrel. (sorry for the sidetrack).

Bergara, great guns at very reasonable prices. Congrats on your purchase, I will pick mine up today.

PB

Reactions: AAF and JBarton
I own the LRP and it is a .3 MOA gun with hand loads and factory loads. But I ran across this Wilderness gun with what the pictures do no justice to, the meat on this barrel. It is one hefty barrel and I like some meat on my barrels. I couldn't resist for $1,029 and grabbed another. 6.5cm has been a great new round for me.

I only wish Bergara would make this rifle in .223. I have a Rem700 5R in .223 that we shoot to 1,300 regularly and it's a blast to shoot. It has a 20-inch barrel, but I'd like a 24' hefty barrel. (sorry for the sidetrack).

Bergara, great guns at very reasonable prices. Congrats on your purchase, I will pick mine up today.

PB
I'm up to almost 1700 rounds through mine and still shooting sub moa. I have no issues taking it to 1k yards consistently.
Hope you enjoy yours.

Reactions: AAF
I have the Bergara HMR 6.5 PRC. Very accurate with factory or reloads.
8020AF6A-8D0E-4873-A433-445018E5FF73.jpeg

I'm on my second barrel. First went south at 1900 rounds. Put a barrel taken off of a B14 it is a lighter profile from my Wilderness barrel and is not cerakoted. It's blued.
I've thrown it in an older gen X-ray and am running a 30 cal area419 Sidewinder muzzle brake. It is shooting well now that I've worked out the new barrel kinks. It is a minimum spec chamber and I was running my brass at max length with the old barrel. Bad idea with this one which caused a doughnut to form inside at the neck shoulder junction. It gave me hell. Couldn't get my spreads below an ES of 30 and my velocities were all over. I tried multiple powders and bullets and finally found the issue by using my bore scope down the muzzle with a fired case chambered. I found the issue corrected it and it is now shooting well enough for it to be my trainer rifle. I'm trimming my brass down to 1.905" and have removed the doughnuts with an inside neck reamer and now have no issues. By the way removing doughnuts with a reamer sucks ass. If I am able to buy new brass next time I most likely will. Right now I'm shooting:
Originally a HMR B14 Wilderness.
24" 8 twist Bergara barrel with Bergara SA
Area419 Sidewinder muzzle brake
Sitting in a KRG X-ray chassis with factory trigger.
Hornady brass
210m primers
140gr hornady bthp 0.045" jump
43.6gr 6.5 StaBall
ES 17
SD 6.5
Avg 2685fps shooting 1/2moa or better.
Not the greatest spread but accurate out to 1k and good enough for steel. It saves my 6GT barrel.
20220302_220523.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeM
I continue to shoot both my Bergara rifles and be impressed. We have loaded everything from 130 /150 SMK's, to Horndog 140/ 147 ELD's and it all shoots very nicely. These guns are a steal for the money.

PB

Reactions: JBarton
I continue to shoot both my Bergara rifles and be impressed. We have loaded everything from 130 /150 SMK's, to Horndog 140/ 147 ELD's and it all shoots very nicely. These guns are a steal for the money.

PB
Well worth the investment. I paid under 1k for my original rifle. It has been serving me well.