• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara HMR barrel diameter

dhbwa

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2009
Richland, WA
For the standard HMR what is the muzzle diameter right behind the threads? Mine is right at .855

Asking as I thought I read there were two versions. Hoping I didn’t get the heavier of the two.....
Thanks in advance!

.75 is what mine measured. So you must have a heavier barrel. I didn’t know they offered it with a heavier barrel.

I measured mine just the other day as I was talkin to a fella bout building me a brake.
IMG_6011.PNG

It may be a change in the model as I just bought mine and the box is dated August 2019.
If I get time I’ll call Bergara this week..

It may be a change in the model as I just bought mine and the box is dated August 2019.
If I get time I’ll call Bergara this week..
I bought mine December of 2017. It's just the standard HMR. Yours isn't the Premier is it?

I read somewhere they changed diameters at some point to standardize production, so it makes sense there are more than one measurement. The question is which measurement is correct for which version

Mine is about 2 yrs old and the 24” model. Measures .74 just below the threads. So that seems to solve it, the newer ones have a bit heavier barrel.

Mine is about 2 yrs old and the 24” model. Measures .74 just below the threads. So that seems to solve it, the newer ones have a bit heavier barrel.
But does it really solve everything? Mine has a 22" barrel per the specs I've read and my measuring.

Bergara has changed the barrel profile, if you look at the specifications you will notice the newer B14 hmr is heavier than the older version.
If I recall the older was a 5.5 contour and the new one is a 6 contour.

Reactions: Cowcatcher
Bergara has changed the barrel profile, if you look at the specifications you will notice the newer B14 hmr is heavier than the older version.
If I recall the older was a 5.5 contour and the new one is a 6 contour.
You got real close. The older version was a #5 and the new version is a #6.