• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara HMR PRO 6.5 CM at the Range

Big Bo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2005
Cal West
Took the Bergara out yesterday and spent most of the time dicking with my sons rifle.
The Bergara has a Seekins base, Seekins rings, and an Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 mounted on it. After a good cleaning, I looked through
the bore and scope to get on paper. To be honest, I was nervous because of all the negative talk about how bad Bergara QC is. It was time to find out if I had bought a lemon. I single loaded an S&B 140 gr bullet into the chamber and lined up the reticle on target. The bullet impacted 2 1/2 squares left and 3 squares low on target. Since we were sighting in his rifle with the S&B I opened the box of Hornady 6.5CM American Gunner 140 gr, loaded the magazine and made the corrections in the scope. 3 shots and in the bullseye. My son asked if this was the first time I had shot the rifle? I said yes. I asked if he wanted to shoot it? Yes he stated. He shot the rifle a total of 6 shots. Two, 3/4" 3 shot groups. He said wow dad. This gun has a light trigger. After getting his rifle sorted out, it was the HAG 140 on deck. Using STRELOK he hit the 100, 222, 425 and 545 yard gongs with his rifle the first time out with it. I used the STRELOK data for my TIKKA 20" 6.5CM for both rifles. I got behind the Bergara and hit 100, 222, 425, and the 545 yard targets. 545 is the longest distance at our range to shoot.

I have read threads that put down the Athlon Cronus scope. Again, I was wondering if I had made a regrettable purchase. The targets were crisp and clear. The reticle was sharp. The turrets were audible, and I could feel the clicks. Damn glad I bought this combo. The gun is accurate, as accurate as the Tikka, if not a bit more accurate. I was going to sell the Bergara stock and buy another KRG Bravo. Ain`t happening. This stock works for me. I have a keeper.

I did not mention how the rifle shoots in hand. Nor did I mention how the bolt worked. It shoots just fine, and the bolt so smooth. The trigger is a good one.
I do not have any complaints about the Bergara HMR Pro, or the Athlon Cronus BTR. YMMV.

Im happy to hear this as mine will be in hand this week. I already have the seekins base with seekins ring and will put an athlon etr on mine.

Glad to hear another, Bergara and Athlon user on board. Please report back with your experience.

That is a fine rifle and you will have a lot of fun with it. I really enjoyed shooting mine and it did everything I wanted it to do.