• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara HMR Pro magnum extractor removal?

metroplex

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2020
Does anyone know the trick to removing the extractor? I know it is a ball and spring thst retains the sliding extractor. But the extractor doesn't want to slide out, even when I use a tool to push it. The ball is holding it in place, but the extractor freely wiggles so I know it isn't seized.

I don’t have one but if I were to hazard a guess push inward agasint the spring pressure, and slide over?

There's no way to push in the extractor. It only slides on the bolt face. There's no real room to slide a tool in to push down the ball bearing.

You should easily be able to push the extractor against the spring pressure. It’s right the frick there on the front face of the bolt.

You should easily be able to push the extractor against the spring pressure. It’s right the frick there on the front face of the bolt.

It's a sliding plate extractor. You can't push it in like an AR extractor. I can slide it against the ball detent though but it won't slide out like a Savage extractor which uses a similar design. I'm just wondering if anyone here actually owns a Bergara bolt and was able to remove the extractor.

Reactions: spife7980
I managed to remove it.

AD Arms confirms it pushes from inside to outside of the bolt face. I used a zip loc bag to keep the ball bearing from flying out, and used an automotive plastic trim removal tool to push the extractor plate outwards. It required a LOT of force.

Just in case anyone wanted to ever know or this comes up in a search.