• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara or VuDoo

MachoMan

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
BERGARA BOLT ACTION trainer or make the jump to VuDoo. Bergara under a grand VuDoo at 3000 grand. Can’t make up my mind. Want to shoot a few matches but mostly to shoot around the yard and get better at positions and barricades

BERGARA BOLT ACTION trainer or make the jump to VuDoo. Bergara under a grand VuDoo at 3000 grand. Can’t make up my mind. Want to shoot a few matches but mostly to shoot around the yard and get better at positions and barricades

If you can afford the Vudoo right now, and you know you're going to continue shooting, buy once, cry once, be happy forever.

My thought process started similar, CZ457 / T1x in a chassis or the B14r....

Im a week or two away from ordering the V-22.

From what I know there really is no barrel burn out from a .22 if maintain properly so a $2500 investment in a V-22 that will literally be shooting amazing for my grandkids someday seems like the right way to go.

I own all the above mentioned rifles. The Vudoo is Tina mother league all by itself. Right now, to me, its closest thing is a bergara. You will need a trigger. So your at 1150 to 1200. I love my bergara, but if I had 3000 to spend its Vudoo all the way

Reactions: Shooter1960655
Best I own is a PWS Summit w/ Titan stock and a CZ455 w/chassis so I'm in the basement level here. If I had your decision to make, given what you stated, I'd do the Bergara and trigger. Use the extra money on great glass.

Now on a side note, I'll lay odds you already know which one you want and are just asking for justification. I quit doing that a few years ago. Get what you want with what your OK spending and still allows you to not have lost sleep or buyers remorse.

Just my selfish 3 cent opinion. Devalues as soon as I hit "Post Reply"

Get the Vudoo. If you dont like it, the resale value is really good on them.

But you will love it.

This.

I wouldn't wait for anything "new" unless you like that kinda thing.

And as far as I know, other than a single feed bench rest action, there's nothing new coming for the standard .22lr repeater. Will there be something new eventually? I'd say most definitely, but you'll be waiting a long time for possible marginally better performance. And likely performance won't be affected, just more refinement and incremental improvements. I asked when I called to order. Spoke with Mike directly before ordering from Greg.

I have watched many shooters try and battle with numerous rifles. By the time they keep upgrading they have spent the same or more than if they would have just bought a Vudoo.

If you want to take the equipment out of the picture just buy the Vudoo and save yourself the headache. After that the only thing effecting your outcome is YOU!!!

I have watched many shooters try and battle with numerous rifles. By the time they keep upgrading they have spent the same or more than if they would have just bought a Vudoo.

If you want to take the equipment out of the picture just buy the Vudoo and save yourself the headache. After that the only thing effecting your outcome is YOU!!!
What he said

When the rubber meets the road, the question is, is the V22 three times better than the B14R or five times better than a CZ. How about if you buy a Tika and shoot NRL 22, taking home the goods more than you should because you're handicapped by the inferior rifle. Or why is a $3000 rifle better than a $500 when you are getting your butt handed to you regularly by the CZ shooter. I always get a little :) when I see shooters trying to buy a better score. All 4 of the top rifle are fully capable of winning NRL or PRS consistently. All things considered the V22 is a fine rifle, but not the only rifle that will take home the gold.

Last edited:
When the rubber meets the road, the question is, is the V22 three times better than the B14R or five times better than a CZ. How about if you buy a Tika and shoot NRL 22, taking home the goods more than you should because you're handicapped by the inferior rifle. Or why is a $3000 rifle better than a $500 when you are getting you butt handed to you regularly by the CZ shooter. I always get a little :) when I see shooters trying to buy a better score. All 4 of the top rifle are fully capable of winning NRL or PRS consistently. All things considered the V22 is a fine rifle, but not the only rifle that will take home the gold.
but it's the one that matches your $7-10k regular match rig exactly. down to trigger chassis/stock balance etc

I guess I'm missing something. I thought the V22 and the B14R had the same footprint and both used Remington triggers as well as scope bases. What am I missing?

I guess I'm missing something. I thought the V22 and the B14R had the same footprint and both used Remington triggers as well as scope bases. What am I missing?
so buy a B14R
get a scope base
get a trigger to match
replace the stock/chassis
get a contour barrel to closer match comp rifle (and are proven to shoot well)

or buy a vudoo barreled action and not replace anything

When the rubber meets the road, the question is, is the V22 three times better than the B14R or five times better than a CZ. How about if you buy a Tika and shoot NRL 22, taking home the goods more than you should because you're handicapped by the inferior rifle. Or why is a $3000 rifle better than a $500 when you are getting you butt handed to you regularly by the CZ shooter. I always get a little :) when I see shooters trying to buy a better score. All 4 of the top rifle are fully capable of winning NRL or PRS consistently. All things considered the V22 is a fine rifle, but not the only rifle that will take home the gold.

Personally, I will be the worst person at any match regardless of rifle so I have no illusion of "buying points". I have found over the years Im not a fan of "projects" when it comes to firearms. I dont like chasing constant modifications or upgrades or buying a product and expecting it to eventually be something else. I have a CZ455 "Tacticool" that I will keep. It is a fine rifle and shoots ok. Its also in a stock thats too small for me, with a trigger that is only "meh". To end up with a stock that I would want on the 455 or 457 I would be into the rifle for $1000-$1200. Add a Area 419 rail and trigger and your $1250 - $1500 deep. A KRG Bravo V-22 is $2500 and I know perfectly well that if it shoots like shit its 100% my fault :)

I dont NEED any .22, ever. They are all a want. (for me) Most of us dont NEED the majority of the firearms we own, they are fun, they are a hobby.

The question should be, when the rubber meets the road what can you afford and what do you expect out of the gear you buy.

Personally, I will be the worst person at any match regardless of rifle so I have no illusion of "buying points". I have found over the years Im not a fan of "projects" when it comes to firearms. I dont like chasing constant modifications or upgrades or buying a product and expecting it to eventually be something else. I have a CZ455 "Tacticool" that I will keep. It is a fine rifle and shoots ok. Its also in a stock thats too small for me, with a trigger that is only "meh". To end up with a stock that I would want on the 455 or 457 I would be into the rifle for $1000-$1200. Add a Area 419 rail and trigger and your $1250 - $1500 deep. A KRG Bravo V-22 is $2500 and I know perfectly well that if it shoots like shit its 100% my fault :)

I dont NEED any .22, ever. They are all a want. (for me) Most of us dont NEED the majority of the firearms we own, they are fun, they are a hobby.

The question should be, when the rubber meets the road what can you afford and what do you expect out of the gear you buy.
True words spoken by a man that knows what he likes. And what works for him. He more than likely has more money and less worries than most

True words spoken by a man that knows what he likes. And what works for him. He more than likely has more money and less worries than most
Ive worked 60-70 hours a week for the last 15+ years of my life supporting my family, building a business, helping my wife through early stages of MS over the last few years, a son with autism... Life is short, money means little when you put it in perspective. Time away at the range is hard to find, so I might as well enjoy what little time I do get.

The Vudoo is Tina mother league all by itself.
I love auto correct and voice recognition! :ROFLMAO: Or is it "autumn erect and boy recondition"?

Or are you just a shitty typest? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Basher
I put big dollars into a CZ455 with all the right parts and work. It was OK but never even shot better than my Kidd 10/22 (which is awesome BTW). Sold it ... I am picking up my Vudoo B/A tomorrow. Very excited. Have all the parts to put it together to test drive on Sunday. Maybe I should have done it sooner ...

Reactions: Shooter1960655
I always get a little :) when I see shooters trying to buy a better score. All 4 of the top rifle are fully capable of winning NRL or PRS consistently. All things considered the V22 is a fine rifle, but not the only rifle that will take home the gold.

If you "buy a better score" but you're actually getting better scores, then there was an issue with your prior gear that your new gear solved. I don't see the logic behind your post.

I'd also point out that when you get to the finer points, diminishing returns escalate. But for some it's worth it as that's what they need to get over the hump. Is the Vudoo 3 times the rifle at 3 times the price of a Tikka? Or course not. But it is better. Is a Ferrari 3 times the car as a Corvette? Again, nope. It' not even close. But it's still a Ferrari.

From what I’ve read the Bergara has had some issues getting full performance out of some of the r700 trigger groups.. something about it’s firing pin spring being stiffer than most.. it’s on the Bergara thread.

Personally, if I had the money to go Vudoo I would.. get exactly what you want the first time.

Don't forget, time is $, ammo is $ too. And everyone spends and values their time differently. As a beginning shooter, first time shooter, I started with my $469 Tikka.

I spent countless hours learning how to shoot, and a good 3000 rounds of ammo. It was fun. I didn't consider it a waste of time. When my skill improved, and I started paying attention to groups, chasing lot #'s, diagnosing feeding, ejecting issues, etc, and life was getting busier, things got a bit more frustrating.

Example -
Bought new barrel $325
Gunsmith - $100 - tried to smooth out the feeding, adding a feed ramp, polishing.
Gunsmith - 4 hours of driving back and forth as were diagnosing, optimizing the barrel.

10 different types of ammo - $100.
2 hours of testing to see which ammo shot well.

Barrel Maker - 2hrs of driving to get it re-reamed to improve feeding.
4 different types of ammo - $40
2 more hours of testing to see what is going on with the new chamber and what shoots the best.

2 more hours of re-confidence building, ejecting/feeding testing before a match to really make sure it won't fuck up.

So about 12 hours of time. $140 on random ammo testing. $100 on gunsmithing, $325 on a new barrel. Personal frustrations, internet browsing time, phone calls not included. If I say I made a modest $40/hr, that was $480 + 140 + 100 + 325 = $1045.

I'm at the price of a Vudoo now, and would have saved a lot of headache.

you can get what ever you want to just shoot at matches , you may not place in the top 2 but you could , you could spend all that money or you could save 1/2 of it its all up to you and what you want to do . I have seen good shooters that shot real nice with any rifle they touch regardless of who nought it and or how much it cost .I have also seen people with ulta high dollar rifles shoot like garbage though they spend way more money . just my 2 1/2 cents its all up to you .

Reactions: Sc0- and Topstrap
You could -

B14R $900 + $200 Trigger Tech.
Shoot it until you want something better.

Sell B14R - $700, keep trigger tech.

So really you're only spending about 250$ use tax for trying something out. Not a bad way to go. I think the upgrading parts strategy is where you lose most of your $ investment.

I just went through a similar decision. I have wanted a Vudoo since they were released. I bought a Tikka T1x and tricked it all out a little at a time because I couldn’t afford a Vudoo at the time. I got my T1x to shoot just as good as a Vudoo With a lot of work. You know what though, I still wanted a Vudoo. They released the Bergara and it looked like a great lower cost option. You know what though, it still isn’t a Vudoo and if I bought one I would still want a Vudoo. The solution to my problem was I just ordered a Vudoo. I knew no matter what rifle I bought I would still want a Vudoo so I just saved all the steps in the middle and went straight to the end.

Great movie if you haven't seen it yet. Ford vs. Ferrari.

The actual one Ken Miles drove and beat Ferrari with.

It's in Gunbarrel, CO (between Boulder and Longmont) along w/ Shelby Cobra #0 and many other incredible GT40s and Cobras along with some other nuggets. Check it out if you ever get the chance.

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0159.jpeg

Last edited:
From the groups I saw come out of a Bergara the other day and the fact it had so many malfunctions ,it needed a new bolt. Bergara replaced it, but they seem to have more problems with bolts than any manufacturer I have seen.I'd say voodoo for sure. On another note I saw a guy sweep the range and won the comp, with tiny groups , with a Remington 700 40x ,22lr. Gun probably had tens of thousands of rounds through it,they haven't been made in a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rate_of_Twist
From the groups I saw come out of a Bergara the other day and the fact it had so many malfunctions ,it needed a new bolt. Bergara replaced it, but they seem to have more problems with bolts than any manufacturer I have seen.I'd say voodoo for sure. On another note I saw a guy sweep the range and won the comp, with tiny groups , with a Remington 700 40x ,22lr. Gun probably had tens of thousands of rounds through it,they haven't been made in a long time.

I wonder if the original purchaser of the 40x purchased years ago, and 2x or 3x the average price of a .22 of the time it was made regrets the extra money spent on it?

Buy quality, buy once, cry once, shoot the hell out of it for generations.

Definitely by the vudoo if you can afford it. If you will notice all the people that own a vudoo. Tell you to buy the vudoo. And I can almost guarantee you. That the guys that own a vudoo. Have owned probably most of all the less expensive 22s. But the guys that tell you not to buy the vudoo. Are not vudoo owners Who would you believe on what to buy? Hello.

If it’s in your budget, get the Vudoo (or wait for the Ultimatum Deuce, etc.). Having owned one and let it go, I wish I still had it. :ROFLMAO: I couldn’t afford to keep it at the time, and have been looking at other options (including the Bergara) to fill in while I save back up for another Vudoo, and I think I’m just going to get a 457 to run for now. Much less expensive than the Bergara, accurate enough to have fun (I’m not trying to kid anyone into believing I can win an NRL22 match just yet!), and their resale is decent enough that I can sell it to finish off the Vudoo funds when I get to that point, if I want to.

But seriously, the Vudoo is the most amazing .22 I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning, and while expensive, they’re well worth the cost!

one other thought I own a CZ. Savage Anschutz Winchester vudoo ruger's more than one but I don't own a Tikka. But a guy shot one at the range one day and my rifle outshot His Tika. So that means you should never buy a Tikka. Do you see the logic these guys are using on why not to buy a vudoo Gun Works look and see the big picture. Use critical thinking The guys that don't own one. Have no valid opinion.

...So that means you should never buy a Tikka...

Whoa, hold on there, cowboy. Let’s not get carried away with absolute extremes. :ROFLMAO: The Vudoo is a higher quality rifle for sure, but Tikkas are great rifles. If they’re all somebody can afford, then the Tikka would be an excellent option in it’s price bracket. This isn’t a Vudoo or nothing situation.:)

Whoa, hold on there, cowboy. Let’s not get carried away with absolute extremes. :ROFLMAO: The Vudoo is a higher quality rifle for sure, but Tikkas are great rifles. If they’re all somebody can afford, then the Tikka would be an excellent option in it’s price bracket. This isn’t a Vudoo or nothing situation.:)
You need to re-read all the posts. That's exactly the absurdity. I was making when they said not to buy a vudoo. because the rifle outshot a vudoo once That's the absurdity of not buying a vudoo. Or a Tikka

You need to re-read all the posts. That's exactly the absurdity. I was making when they said not to buy a vudoo. because the rifle outshot a vudoo once That's the absurdity of not buying a vudoo. Or a Tikka
I think you totally missed the point of the whole post.