• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara Premier HMR Pro Rifle

mbark

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2023
Anderson, SC
I am looking at a Bergara Premier HMR Pro Rifle 300PRC. The cost is $1,500.
I will use for long distance shooting 500yd mule deer and 1500yd target shooting.

Is there a better riffle for the money?
Will put my dead air nomad titanium suppressor on end.

Would like to set up with ACRA rail and RRS tripod.
Thanks for help,
Michael

I had one in 6 CM and really liked it. The action is very smooth. Bolt is stainless fluted. Trigger is a Triggertech Diamond. Stock is decent, but nothing to write home about. Overall, it is very good.

Here’s one for $100 less:

Im looking at the same rifle, and having a tough time between the LPR Bergara and the Ruger RPR. I want the Ruger for the weight, but the Bergara for the fit and finish. Im just waiting to see if anything will be released after SHOT, but these two seem to be my favorites for a heavier barrel 300 PRC setup. I had considered just doing the HMR Pro and dropping it in a chassis since it has an identical barrel/action to the LPR, but I really wish they just sold a barreled action in that form so I Can get my own chassis and not waste money. I can only find the regular HMR sold in barreled action form.

Im looking at the same rifle, and having a tough time between the LPR Bergara and the Ruger RPR. I want the Ruger for the weight, but the Bergara for the fit and finish. Im just waiting to see if anything will be released after SHOT, but these two seem to be my favorites for a heavier barrel 300 PRC setup. I had considered just doing the HMR Pro and dropping it in a chassis since it has an identical barrel/action to the LPR, but I really wish they just sold a barreled action in that form so I Can get my own chassis and not waste money. I can only find the regular HMR sold in barreled action form.
You could check Brownells I know they sell the hmr pro in a barreled action… idk if they have any in stock

I had one in 6 CM and really liked it. The action is very smooth. Bolt is stainless fluted. Trigger is a Triggertech Diamond. Stock is decent, but nothing to write home about. Overall, it is very good.
I believe it is a Triggertech Primary, single stage trigger, not a Diamond.

You could check Brownells I know they sell the hmr pro in a barreled action… idk if they have any in stock
Well hot damn… bergaras website doesn’t list the premier setups in barreled actions, but sure enough, brownells lists it. Honestly though, at $1100 for the barreled action and no trigger, it’s still a better deal to just buy the pro rifle, which includes the trigger tech trigger, black barrel and action, and I think it has a nicer bolt knob and such too.

Well hot damn… bergaras website doesn’t list the premier setups in barreled actions, but sure enough, brownells lists it. Honestly though, at $1100 for the barreled action and no trigger, it’s still a better deal to just buy the pro rifle, which includes the trigger tech trigger, black barrel and action, and I think it has a nicer bolt knob and such too.
Yeah I’ve looked at them and thought that was a high price for a barreled action…miswell just buy the rifle and if you don’t like the stock sell it and get what you do like

Yeah I’ve looked at them and thought that was a high price for a barreled action…miswell just buy the rifle and if you don’t like the stock sell it and get what you do like
That’s my issue, is I think I like the ruger better (everything but the stock), versus the fancier bergara with a thinner barrel. The lrp is $200 more than the ruger, which includes a nice stock, but I like that the ruger is 5 lbs heavier for the 300 prc. I had an mrad before, so the clunky bolt doesn’t really bother me. I noticed bergara does have some heavy barrel rifles in other calibers, so I was hoping they might release a competition rifle in 300 prc with a more updated chassis, then I’d get the best of both worlds.

That’s my issue, is I think I like the ruger better (everything but the stock), versus the fancier bergara with a thinner barrel. The lrp is $200 more than the ruger, which includes a nice stock, but I like that the ruger is 5 lbs heavier for the 300 prc. I had an mrad before, so the clunky bolt doesn’t really bother me. I noticed bergara does have some heavy barrel rifles in other calibers, so I was hoping they might release a competition rifle in 300 prc with a more updated chassis, then I’d get the best of both worlds.
Yeah but with the bergera you can change everything with the ruger your stuck and have you looked at the ruger custom rpr from Rugers custom shop I know they changed something’s or just changed the colors of some stuff on it and if your not in a hurry to buy I would probably wait or email bergera and ask if they are coming out with anything new

Buy the RPR and upgrade the stock. Guys seem to like the trigger after shooting it a while. The RPRs hammer 100%.

The HMR PRO in 300 PRC is a rifle that will take on anything.... It does kick like mule though.... My 45-70 with 450gr only kicks a little more. The 300 PRC is not a rifle you would spend the day shooting 5-10 rnds and your done for the day....... It laughs at the 1000yrd targets...