• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara Premier trigger adjustment?

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
Just picked up my HMR pro and the trigger pull is way to heavy. It seems that I read somewhere that in the premiers you adjust trigger pull with the screw on the trigger. Is it as easy as backing the screw out to set your trigger pull?

Just like spife7980 said : right in front of the trigger shoe, use a 5/64" Allen wrench, clockwise rotation to increase pull weight, counter clockwise to decrease. Bergara uses a TriggerTech Remington 700 Primary with curved trigger shoe for their Premier series so adjustment range is 1.5lbs-4.0lbs .
By the way the B14 HMR trigger is also adjustable via a screw on the front side of the trigger, but requires removal from the stock to accomplish it, adjustment range is only from 2.8 - 4.4 lbs. that's why I replaced mine with the TriggerTech Special in combination with having upgraded to the Bergara Premier Short Action bolt.

Last edited:
Yes like others have said, on the Pro you adjust the trigger with a small Allen wrench. Lay the rifle on its back and look at the trigger, you will see an Allen screw just forward of the trigger shoe, counter clockwise lessens the pull, clockwise increases the pull. 1.5 lbs is the bottom end for adjustments, mine is at 1.6 lbs currently, nice trigger. But I still like my Jewel triggers in my 700.

Yes like others have said, on the Pro you adjust the trigger with a small Allen wrench. Lay the rifle on its back and look at the trigger, you will see an Allen screw just forward of the trigger shoe, counter clockwise lessens the pull, clockwise increases the pull. 1.5 lbs is the bottom end for adjustments, mine is at 1.6 lbs currently, nice trigger. But I still like my Jewel triggers in my 700.
Give the TriggerTech Rem 700 Diamond a try if you have it set that low, the Jewels aren't even in the same galaxy.

I’m with Sonic on the Diamond.... HMR Pro ships with the Primary but the upgrade to Diamond was worthwhile.