• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara Ridgeback?

Steve_O

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2020
Been looking at possibly getting a Bergara Ridgeback in .300 PRC but just wanted to ask you guys that have experience with Bergara is it worth the asking price? I’ve never owned or shot a Bergara but has what Iam looking for as a range and hunting rifle. Wanting to shoot it out to a mile at a local range and hunt with it so what do you guys think of it? Thanks

I've got two Bergara's and my brother has one. Mine are the ridge SP 6.5 and 308 and they are both shooters. I've taken the 6.5 out to 1250 and shot a bunch of hogs this year with it. I shot 3 hogs friday with the 308.

I have no personal experience with a ridgeback or 300 PRC but if it's like the other Bergara's I've shot, it'll be a shooter and is worth the price.

Good rifles for the money.

I'd dare say they are better than the tikka because of the 700 platform parts availability.

In that price range the t3x and bergara are the only 2 worth looking at.

Good rifles for the money.

I'd dare say they are better than the tikka because of the 700 platform parts availability.

In that price range the t3x and bergara are the only 2 worth looking at.

I have a Tikka but turned it into a PRS rig lol. The only reason I don’t build another one for hunting is I wanted to go .300 prc and I don’t think the Tikka can handle that long of a cartridge or can it?

Reactions: wade2big
Pretty sure they make 300 win mags and other large calibers. Don't know why you couldn't spin on a shouldered prefit in 300 prc.

Pretty sure they make 300 win mags and other large calibers. Don't know why you couldn't spin on a shouldered prefit in 300 prc.
They don't have a lot of caliber options for each respective model. Especially the CTR. I'd have liked a Tikka in 300wm,but the only 2 they make are the Lite, and the TAC, which is pushing $2,000.

Bergara eaisly wins in the caliber options category.

Well I just left my local gun store and ordered one in .300 PRC. Alittle nervous spending that much for a production rifle hopefully it shoots well. Is that premier action a good one to build off of?

Well I just left my local gun store and ordered one in .300 PRC. Alittle nervous spending that much for a production rifle hopefully it shoots well. Is that premier action a good one to build off of?

The Premiere action is very nice - smooth, and I think they all come with fluted bolts, which is nice. Also, the fact that they come with TriggerTech triggers means one less thing to upgrade later.

I sold my Bergara a couple years ago (6 CM) when I got my 6 BRA done. I would routinely get 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" groups at 300 yards.

Feel good about your purchase - it is a solid rifle.

Reactions: Steve_O