• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara Rifles Pictures Thread *include specifics*

abentley324

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2018
I’ve seen everything from tikka build threads to howa 1500 build threads but noooo bergara threads. Let’s see em!

Reactions: gol1
Just picked up a BMP in 6.5 CM at a price I couldn’t pass up this past weekend. Just waiting on scope caps and muzzle brake to show up. I haven’t shot it yet, but am happy with it so far. I sold a Howa 1500 6.5 CM in a B&C stock to fund this, so hopefully it lives up to the hype. I’ll try to get pics up soon...

I’ll have photos at the end of the week. Bought a Bergara Ridge 24” in 6.5. Sold the stock it came with and placed it in a MPA chassis. Looking forward to seeing other setups.

Bergara BMP 6.5, Tangent Theta 5-25, Deadair Sandman-S

41F93B80-79D6-410C-A2B5-8A36727B66BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Bergara Ridge 24” 6.5 CM
MPA Hybrid Chassis
Accu-Tac SR5 Bipod
Dead Air brake
Athlon Ares ETR 4.5x30-56 Mil/Mil

Attachments

• 4376533E-7023-4653-A7FC-A87623A73043.jpeg
    4376533E-7023-4653-A7FC-A87623A73043.jpeg
    450.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 20E8A095-A9C6-4F3E-B24A-7F6A6754A81F.jpeg
    20E8A095-A9C6-4F3E-B24A-7F6A6754A81F.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 259
  • A2068357-E909-42F3-9EB2-58BAEEAC963D.jpeg
    A2068357-E909-42F3-9EB2-58BAEEAC963D.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 223
Bergara Ridge 24” 6.5 CM
MPA Hybrid Chassis
Accu-Tac SR5 Bipod
Dead Air brake
Athlon Ares ETR 4.5x30-56 Mil/Mil

Nice! Waiting for my ETR to put on my Bergara B-14 BMP 6.5 CM; looking like maybe towards the end of Sept at this point... Quick question, how much extra cant did you add to either the base or the mount or both; looks like a decent amount from the pics? Since the ETR has around 110 MOA / 32 mils of total elevation adjustment, I'm thinking of adding around 40 MOA of cant to squeeze the most range out of the scope initially using factory Hornady 143/147 gr ELD/ELD-X while still holding a 100 yard zero, thoughts or feedback from experience with your setup?

Cheers,

CP

Nice! Waiting for my ETR to put on my Bergara B-14 BMP 6.5 CM; looking like maybe towards the end of Sept at this point... Quick question, how much extra cant did you add to either the base or the mount or both; looks like a decent amount from the pics? Since the ETR has around 110 MOA / 32 mils of total elevation adjustment, I'm thinking of adding around 40 MOA of cant to squeeze the most range out of the scope initially using factory Hornady 143/147 gr ELD/ELD-X while still holding a 100 yard zero, thoughts or feedback from experience with your setup?

Cheers,

CP
I have a 20 MOA base since I didn’t really see the necessity of a 40 MOA base unless I was really extending my distance of interest. With these 34mm tubes on the ETR 32 Mils of adj. and 33 mils of adj like in the Razor Gen II are plenty for reaching out. Especially with 6.5 CM.

I have a 20 MOA base since I didn’t really see the necessity of a 40 MOA base unless I was really extending my distance of interest. With these 34mm tubes on the ETR 32 Mils of adj. and 33 mils of adj like in the Razor Gen II are plenty for reaching out. Especially with 6.5 CM.

Thanks... Can I ask what height rings you used with your setup? Thanks again...

Bergara BMP 6.5 creedmoor
Badger Ordnance 20moa base
Badger Ordnance 1.275in rings
Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29X56 MIL
Triggertech Primary trigger
SAS reaper TOMB suppressor
Hogue grip
Atlas BT-10
@hunter-steve suppressor cover

This pic was taken while gathering dope to shoot 1000yards. Hornady 147gr eld took 6.8mils to get repeated hits at 1k. My 11yo son also made hits at 1k... it was a proud moment.

Attachments

• 20180328_121746.jpg
    20180328_121746.jpg
    595.3 KB · Views: 263
Hi there, nice looking rig! Couple of questions:

1) How are you liking the RRS mount? Can you compare against Spuhr?
2) How much cant (if any) do you have in your mount?
3) What height mount are you using?

Thanks in advance,

CP

It is a very nice mount, 1.26", 20MOA, and is very easy to level the scope. For me the level is useless in with this rifle. With the larges scope it blocks the view. Good for prone shooting groups as you can move your head around to double check your level if want to. In practicality for this setup it isn't worth it. If the stock was shorter it would be more useful as the scope would be pushed forward more. I have no experience with the Spuhr.

It is a very nice mount, 1.26", 20MOA, and is very easy to level the scope. For me the level is useless in with this rifle. With the larges scope it blocks the view. Good for prone shooting groups as you can move your head around to double check your level if want to. In practicality for this setup it isn't worth it. If the stock was shorter it would be more useful as the scope would be pushed forward more. I have no experience with the Spuhr.

Great feedback, thanks. Yes, I can see what you are saying about the level; looks like the Spuhr may have the same problem with that setup as well since it's about in the same place.

Do you have any cant in the base in addition to the 20MOA in the mount?

Cheers,

CP

Bergara BMP 6.5 creedmoor
Badger Ordnance 20moa base
Badger Ordnance 1.275in rings
Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29X56 MIL
Triggertech Primary trigger
SAS reaper TOMB suppressor
Hogue grip
Atlas BT-10
@hunter-steve suppressor cover

This pic was taken while gathering dope to shoot 1000yards. Hornady 147gr eld took 6.8mils to get repeated hits at 1k. My 11yo son also made hits at 1k... it was a proud moment.
How’s the trigger? Would you upgrade to the next lever trigger tech or is it not worth it since the primary is also good? I’ve heard great things about the whole line.

Reactions: TacT-MecH
The triggertech is very nice. It breaks very clean and has no over travel. But after trying the Calvin Elite 2 stage, I believe I would like the TT Diamond even more.

How’s the trigger? Would you upgrade to the next lever trigger tech or is it not worth it since the primary is also good? I’ve heard great things about the whole line.

The triggertech is very nice. It breaks very clean and has no over travel. But after trying the Calvin Elite 2 stage, I believe I would like the TT Diamond even more.

I just wish TT made a 2 stage for bolt guns

You are correct! I'm glad I didn't order a diamond. I probably would have been disappointed lol.

For some reason I thought I read somewhere that they do sell a 2 stage. Wonder if it's a website error

That's what I thought too, but here it is direct from Trigger Tech. I asked them in IG.

For some reason I thought I read somewhere that they do sell a 2 stage. Wonder if it's a website error

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180911-152645_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180911-152645_Instagram.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 159
That's what I thought too, but here it is direct from Trigger Tech. I asked them in IG.

Dang that's depressing. I have the Calvin Elite 2 stage flat trigger and it's fantastic. Try that out. Do opticsplanet and live chat for better price. Snagged mine for under $150

Maybe if enough of us ask for it they will add it to their product line. I would trade/sell all my single stages for TT 2 stages if they are as nice as their single stages... The Calvin elite 2 stage is very nice as well.

Dang that's depressing. I have the Calvin Elite 2 stage flat trigger and it's fantastic. Try that out. Do opticsplanet and live chat for better price. Snagged mine for under $150

Bergara B14 HMR 6.5 Creedmoor, 20MOA Talley Reminton 700 SA base, Talley 30mm High 6-Screw Rings, Patriot Valley Arms "Jet Blast" Muzzle Brake, Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50 MOA1 Reticle Illuminated 80 MOAs total elevation w/ Butler Creek Flip up caps. The muzzle brake makes the 6.5 Creedmoor even more enjoyable, great optical follow thru when I can see the impact, and no one in the neighboring lanes complains about getting blasted.

Attachments

• SN Removed for Privacy.jpg
    SN Removed for Privacy.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 441
Bergara B14 HMR 6.5 Creedmoor, 20MOA Talley Reminton 700 SA base, Talley 30mm High 6-Screw Rings, Patriot Valley Arms "Jet Blast" Muzzle Brake, Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50 MOA1 Reticle Illuminated 80 MOAs total elevation w/ Butler Creek Flip up caps. The muzzle brake makes the 6.5 Creedmoor even more enjoyable, great optical follow thru when I can see the impact, and no one in the neighboring lanes complains about getting blasted.

Very nice! I have a Patriot Valley 'Shockwave' on my Bergara BMP 6.5 and wow, it sure does make a difference. PVA makes some great and effective brakes; very easy to install and time as well...

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Very nice! I have a Patriot Valley 'Shockwave' on my Bergara BMP 6.5 and wow, it sure does make a difference. PVA makes some great and effective brakes; very easy to install and time as well...
The PVA 'Jet Blast" has made a huge difference cutting recoil in a way that doesn't bother the other shooters next to me. PVA also has some great customer service, people who know their product and stand behind it.

Those of you shooting 6.5 cm what loads have you found to work well? I'm working up a 140 rdf and Barnes MB over 4350.. anyone figured out any rules of loading for this chamber cut and barrel ECT?

Sweet! That's why I love the B-14 HMR.
I'm new to the 65cm world. I've shot good groups with AR's when I use to shoot 3 round groups and same with 700s. I've understood the value of a 5rd group and this is definitely my best 5rd group ever!

It's a
140rdf
41.7 of shooters world 4350
And you know the rest lol

The brake is a strike industry 30cal sail comp. I must admit I like the look of it lol, I might move to a different comp in the future though :)

And thanks for the compliments I'm proud no matter what the bitchy cat thinks lol

That's a nice, tight shot group - best and only legit definition of successful group therapy! LOL

Anyone used seekins low .82" rings on a 20moa base on the hmr with a vortex pst gen2 5-25?

I have vortex low on a 20moa base with a dmr. The dmr is a 50mm and are obviously stuby and short. I'm gonna say you will be more than fine with a pst to be honest but I'm sure someone else will have a concrete answer for ya

Reactions: Zack_va248