• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara vs a Voodoo or Zermatt

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Trying to save my dollars to build a .22. No doubt I will use an MPA chassis to match my current Precision rifle. How does the B-14 barreled action compare to one of the two premium actions. The B-14 is a lot easier on my savings, but I want the thing to work. Anyone have thoughts, one way or the other?

Accuracy reports from the B14R seem to agree that they shoot pretty similar to the top-end. Reliability reports are more variable, which seems to be where the premium cost comes into play. The B14R has a noticeable cock-on-close, and the stock trigger is decent but no TT/BnA. Can't recall what the extraction performance looked like, but there are threads on here that discuss various user experiences and known issues.

I think you won't be mad if you get a B14R as long as it works, and it should shoot. For a gun that should run no questions, Vudoo. For a full custom rig, RimX seems to offer more options but needs more careful setup.

Trying to save my dollars to build a .22. No doubt I will use an MPA chassis to match my current Precision rifle. How does the B-14 barreled action compare to one of the two premium actions. The B-14 is a lot easier on my savings, but I want the thing to work. Anyone have thoughts, one way or the other?
You generally get what you pay for when buying guns. A $700 gun is on the low end of quality and accuracy in todays remfire market.

I have 2 vudoos and my buddy has a vudoo and a b14. B14 doesn’t give up much if any in the accuracy department. Custom rig you get the stock chassis you want but the b14 shoots very well and if it doesn’t then get an IBI or shilen and you’ll be set. But your not saving a lot if you plan on dumping everything and putting it in a different stock chassis.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I agree with Whitney, if you are already questioning, you won't stop until you have a Vudoo or RimX.

I went different route when Bergara first offered a barreled action. I ordered a steel-barreled Bergara and spec'ed it out like it was a Vudoo or RimX. My reasoning was that if I was disappointed with the Bergara, I could sell off the Bergara and throw everything on a Vudoo or RimX. Now I have a Bergara wearing German glass and a chassis waiting for a RimX.

I have 2 B14R in steel. I replaced the triggers with a Trigger Tech Diamond's. I have the factory stock ( love the factory stock). Both guns work 100%. Both will run with the RimX and Vudoo's in matches. I have heard the B14R can have some when putting in non factory chassis, as well as the barreled action Vudoo and RimX. It take some adjustments on all of them. The guns coming from Vudoo are adjusted by them. 2 of my friends have Vudoo's. one got a barreled action into a kRG bravo, and a feeding issues, but got thing adjust and works with SK and Lapua ammo, but will not run Eley ammo, The other one came complete from Vudoo and will run any ammo.

The B14R's are doing great for me. If the money is not a issue get the custom action guns.

I can only report what I’ve seen:
I purchased a complete steel b14-r from a bud who bought 2 in order to keep the more accurate one. They both shot similar, so there’s that.
I shot it the day after scoping it and won an event against a nice field of equipment. Rescoped to a Vortex SE (my first FFP), and spent time learning ballistic apps. Restocked to a Bergara BMP chassis purchased used here, then learned to tune with my action screws. Spent time in the middle of the pack learning how to play the game (NRL22-X/PRS/MARS), and my position has been climbing.
A bit ago I had an issue with ejection, read on the hide, then compared my extractors to other rimfires and added a stronger left spring. That was the cure.
Feeding has been flawless in both stocks, heck in the factory stock I could cycle a mag of fired cases, I’d say that’s unusually good.
I compete against a field of Vudoos, a Rim-x, boutique built CZ actions, and a few other brands. Competitive guns are like race cars, they must be maintained to be in peak performance. The Vudoos have ALL had feeding issues, too frequently for me (even though I do my own tuning and set-ups if possible). I have personally seen parts breakage on 2-3 of them, but hear they have excellent customer service.
Those who shoot them are VERY good shooters, and stiff competition.
One thing that doesn’t get spelled out often enough on these Rem.700 platform guns is that the magazine latch mech is NOT an assembly attached to the receiver as it is on most rimfires (in fact I can only think of one other at this moment, the defunct T/C Classic). It is attached to the mag well/stock and relies on the magwell and stock inletting dimensions to present the magazine at the proper height and angle for best feeding. Tolerance stacking is the biggest screwup, and an adjustable magazine latch a near necessity as well as some form of adjustment to the mag well length.
The fella with the Rim-X is still learning it, but shows great promise.
A dark horse in our matches is a gent with a Christiansen Arms Ranger who has placed second twice with a gun half the weight of everyone elses!
I have read of about 5 bolt breakages on the B14-Rs, feeding issues with certain stocks, and can only say when I’ve contacted them on personal concerns they have been very responsive and fast to answer.
Like anything you spends you money and takes you chances.
Shoot well.

Last edited:
I have a new Bergara B14R steel that I love so far. I am a buy once cry once kinda guy, and if you think the B14 would just be a place holder to hold you over till you can save up for a Vudoo than just wait and get that. I shoot much more pistols and carbines over precision rifles. I have a custom built 6.5 CM for when I want to shoot long range, but a factory gun probably would have been fine for me. Just like the B14R fills all my needs. I would buy what you really want or you will never be satisfied. I have learned that the hard way and lost a lot of money over the years.

According to the video, there's "a lot" of "issues" with the Vudoo and the Bergara is ¼ the cost.🤷‍♂️

Other than some rim lock, I've had zero issues with my Vudoo. And the rim lock is my user error when loading. And I'm sure Vudoo could easily address this with a new mag design. But for me, it's pretty rare to begin with and I already have 16 mags, so replacing them w/ new ones would likely not happen.

According to the video, there's "a lot" of "issues" with the Vudoo and the Bergara is ¼ the cost.🤷‍♂️

Other than some rim lock, I've had zero issues with my Vudoo. And the rim lock is my user error when loading. And I'm sure Vudoo could easily address this with a new mag design. But for me, it's pretty rare to begin with and I already have 16 mags, so replacing them w/ new ones would likely not happen.
Rim lock has only happened one time with my Vudoo, and it was because my son in law loaded the mag wrong, pulling the tab down and just dropping rounds in. I told him how to do it properly, then sat back and watched him do it wrong. Thankfully* he's the one that grabbed that mag and suffered though it...now he pays attention and does it properly. Friends and family only get to shoot my Vudoo on relaxing days at the range...they can get their own if they want to shoot a Vudoo more.

*I have my mags numbered with a silver sharpie, so it wasn't exactly "luck".

*I have my mags numbered with a silver sharpie, so it wasn't exactly "luck".
Me too. On a side note, I've found that all my mags act exactly the same. I have no need to number them except to keep track and attempt to rotate them so as they get all the same amount of use. Except my one lonely aluminum mag which gets almost no use. I just prefer the plastic mags for some reason. No issues with the aluminum, just prefer the plastic. In fact, I sold one, 15 round, and kept the 12.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Me too. On a side note, I've found that all my mags act exactly the same. I have no need to number them except to keep track and attempt to rotate them so as they get all the same amount of use. Except my one lonely aluminum mag which gets almost no use. I just prefer the plastic mags for some reason. No issues with the aluminum, just prefer the plastic. In fact, I sold one, 15 round, and kept the 12.
I only have 5 of the normal Vudoo (plastic/poly) mags, they are all exactly the same for me too, but I number most of my mags (for all .22lr rifles), just incase I start getting problems, maybe I can see if it's a mag causing issues...so far, none have shown any kind of a issue.

Been shooting the Vudoos for longer than anyone here and most other places also and there are not "a lot of issues". The main issue people have is setting them up in chassis with mag height. The mag loading is user error. Load them properly and you won't get rim lock. I only had rim lock once with some Eley ammo i loaded like I do my Lapua/SK and the Eley required a little more care. The bad lot of bolt stops in 360s was another limited issues but fixed.

Also not sure why people think Vudoo is some factory rifle that comes as is and Rim X are customs. You can order your Vudoo however you like. They make stock models to make it easier for some but you can order it with whatever set up you want for anything. Same as if you had a smith do a RimX.

If you can swing it then get a Vudoo and thank us later.

The bergara shoots! There’s no doubt in that department. I’m sure for the money there might be a lemon here and there but in general they shoot very well. My personal gripe with them personally is there cock on close feels brutal! The issues I’ve seen with them though in the past year is what would stop me from purchasing one. We see them go down in competition all the time.

The rimx had a bunch of extraction issues but the new parts from what I’ve been told has eliminated these problems. If that’s the case they are fantastic! Super super smooth, easy to maintain.

I personally run vudoo’s. 1 v22 and 1 360. Both are flawless. I have 18,000-19,000 rounds through the pair and have experience no defects, 0 breaks, never a rim lock as that’s user error, 0 extraction, ejection issues. I wouldn’t say they are flawless I do get the odd feeding issue that is incredibly easy to clear maybe 1 every 200-500 rounds. It seems to be angle of a round hitting the breech. I don’t know if it’s a defective round causing this or if it’s just once in a while the mag pops it up strange and just needs a clean. I’ve never cleaned my mags so it’s very possible this is the case.

Seeing as your debating, get the rimx or the vudoo. You’ll always be wondering “what if, or maybe I should have” if you get the bergara

The bad lot of bolt stops in 360s was another limited issues but fixed.
Do you have any more detail on the bad lot of Three-60 bolt stops? I ordered mine in March 2021, but it was actually built in July 2021. Do you know if that had already been resolved?

Do you have any more detail on the bad lot of Three-60 bolt stops? I ordered mine in March 2021, but it was actually built in July 2021. Do you know if that had already been resolved?
No idea on the dates or serial numbers. I am sure Vudoo could help out but if you haven't had an issue yet then I wouldn't worry much. Seemed like people were snapping them pretty quickly.

Reactions: Cowpokey
The Vudoo IS chambered for Lapua. I knew that when I bough the gun. That was also a selling point for me. I knew that I could get some center X at $10/box (last year), and it would shoot. No messing around with ammo testing.....And that's what I got. A very accurate gun with Center X. I tried other brand of ammo with little success. I couldn't even close the bolt with Eley ammo ( well I could, but I had to push REALLY hard on the bolt).
With the Anschutz I can shoot Eley ammo.
I can't close the bolt on the CCI SV on the Vudoo nor the Anschutz. But they shoot pretty good out of the Kidd.

My most versatile gun? The CZ 452 that shoots and cycles pretty much everything accurately ....Not Vudoo/Anschutz accurate, but 0.5" at 50Y with most ammo and in the low 0.3s with ammo it likes (SK PMS) .

The Vudoo IS chambered for Lapua. I knew that when I bough the gun. That was also a selling point for me. I knew that I could get some center X at $10/box (last year), and it would shoot. No messing around with ammo testing.....And that's what I got. A very accurate gun with Center X
It's generally understood that different lots can perform differently, that some lots of CX, for example, shoot well and some less well.

Will a Lapua-friendly chamber do away with the need to lot test Lapua ammo? Will a Lapua chamber make all Lapua ammo shoot well?

The Vudoo IS chambered for Lapua. I knew that when I bough the gun. That was also a selling point for me. I knew that I could get some center X at $10/box (last year), and it would shoot. No messing around with ammo testing.....And that's what I got. A very accurate gun with Center X. I tried other brand of ammo with little success. I couldn't even close the bolt with Eley ammo ( well I could, but I had to push REALLY hard on the bolt).
With the Anschutz I can shoot Eley ammo.
I can't close the bolt on the CCI SV on the Vudoo nor the Anschutz. But they shoot pretty good out of the Kidd.

My most versatile gun? The CZ 452 that shoots and cycles pretty much everything accurately ....Not Vudoo/Anschutz accurate, but 0.5" at 50Y with most ammo and in the low 0.3s with ammo it likes (SK PMS) .

No it's not chambered for Lapua but the chamber was designed around Lapua Center X. There is a difference. You can use other ammo with success. I have shot many thousands of rounds of Eley and it's very accurate in my Vudoos. Have also shot Federal GMM, Norma, and Wolf through them. Fed was more accurate than Center X and my buddy's loved Wolf. It shot ok in mine. You need to try different lots of those other ammos just like Center X as not every lot of Center X will shoot great.

The bergara shoots! There’s no doubt in that department. I’m sure for the money there might be a lemon here and there but in general they shoot very well. My personal gripe with them personally is there cock on close feels brutal! The issues I’ve seen with them though in the past year is what would stop me from purchasing one. We see them go down in competition all the time.

The rimx had a bunch of extraction issues but the new parts from what I’ve been told has eliminated these problems. If that’s the case they are fantastic! Super super smooth, easy to maintain.

I personally run vudoo’s. 1 v22 and 1 360. Both are flawless. I have 18,000-19,000 rounds through the pair and have experience no defects, 0 breaks, never a rim lock as that’s user error, 0 extraction, ejection issues. I wouldn’t say they are flawless I do get the odd feeding issue that is incredibly easy to clear maybe 1 every 200-500 rounds. It seems to be angle of a round hitting the breech. I don’t know if it’s a defective round causing this or if it’s just once in a while the mag pops it up strange and just needs a clean. I’ve never cleaned my mags so it’s very possible this is the case.

Seeing as your debating, get the rimx or the vudoo. You’ll always be wondering “what if, or maybe I should have” if you get the bergara
you say the Bergara's are going down in competition all the time. What is happening to them? Is it something breaking?

You said both Vudoo's are flawless, then you said "I wouldn’t say they are flawless I do get the odd feeding issue that is incredibly easy to clear maybe 1 every 200-500 rounds.

I have the same round count thru my Bergara's and have only had 1 issues in competition and practice. I fired case got into the bolt rail, when I tried to load another round, I wedged it into the side of barrel. It was due to the gun being very dirty.

Reactions: Mina_
Rimfire has improved quite a bit than a decade ago in terms of options. It's almost like comparing centerfire, you can get a Zermatt Origin, or a Terminus Zeus. One is 850 for the action, one is 1450 for the action. You can get them to shoot the same. But there are other pieces of fit and finish and qualify of life that you can decide if it really is worth it or not.

I'd say getting a custom barrel and having a good rimfire smith do the chamber and work will get a Bergara, RimX, Vudoo, CZ 457, Tikka to basically shoot really closely to one another. The value $$ lies in other things...

Bergara... man I cannot stand the cycling of the action. It feels clunky. I hate the half cock on close. Does it make the bullet leave the barrel any differently? Not really.

RimX
- 90 degree, smoother action than the B14r by a lot. Easy to get prefits if you really need to swap barrels. I run a Vudoo, but I wish I could easily swap and buy say a CF barrel and have multiple different steel contours. I could do that with a Vudoo and get my Action to a smith, but it's just a little more work.
- I love their magazines. No issues with loading them.
- I hate the catastrophic failures that can happen... basically a round gets pushed into the chamber instead of being under the extractor claws. This leads to a round stuck in the barrel, or if you jam the bolt, you can break your extractor. Having this happen on the clock in a PRS stage, really, really sucks. Doesn't happen often at all, and is user-error, or environment error (a barricade hit your mag), but when it happens it sucks.

Vudoo 360 - Only 3-lug 700 SA foot print action. So if you want 3-lug and you want 700 foot print, well that's a reason there.

Vudoo 2-lug. Very smooth action. No catastrophic failures in terms of the round being stuck. Yes magazine loading is not 100% braindead simple like the RimX, but you can pay attention, and get it working. Barreled action as a unit with customer service support.

Ultimatum Deuce - The action cycles very smoothly, but has a partial cock on close, which is not as bad as the B14r, but it is noticeable if you're running the action slow. If you're running it fast, it's probably one of the funnest/smoothest actions to cycle. The magazines don't have a pull tab, which were a bit of a pain to load, but they don't get rimlock and are fully adjustable. I still prefer the RimX magazines. The control feed and no timing barrel is very nice, and also there's no catastrophic failure. I sold mine when I heard the company was going out of business. IBI purchased them recently, and I might get another action and send it to a renowned rimfire smith to spin up a barrel for it in the future.

CZ 457/Tikka - Inexpensive. Smaller form factor magazines, and need a special chassis inlet for them. Still push fed, so there's very minor BC variances as the bullet is touching the feed ramp / chamber as it goes in. And as wear and other things happen in the magazines, I've seen 'flyers' from these more often than a Vudoo and RimX.

I personally run Vudoos. I have considered the RimX, but I can pay attention when loading my magazines so I don't really worry about that. And also I don't want the chance of a catastrophic failure as it literally will drop me back many positions in a national / regional PRS competition.

If all you do is sit on a bench and shoot paper, literally anything can work. Just get a single round feeder and push rounds in one by one, don't have to worry about magazines and all of that.

Last edited:
you say the Bergara's are going down in competition all the time. What is happening to them? Is it something breaking?

You said both Vudoo's are flawless, then you said "I wouldn’t say they are flawless I do get the odd feeding issue that is incredibly easy to clear maybe 1 every 200-500 rounds.

I have the same round count thru my Bergara's and have only had 1 issues in competition and practice. I fired case got into the bolt rail, when I tried to load another round, I wedged it into the side of barrel. It was due to the gun being very dirty.
I can find out tomorrow exactly what keeps going down but I don’t run one. The bergara rep shoots with us and he is giving parts out at every single match. It’s not the same shooter, but it’s a fairly common problem we see.

I feel mine are flawless but I don’t feel they are flawless. Those little feeding issues once in a blue moon with mine to me is cleaning/maintenance issue. I have seen more problems with bergara, rimx and tikka then my pair of vudoo’s but I have seen a few small things with others vudoo’s which is why I said “ I wouldn’t call them flawless”.

I have a deuce coming as well as they have shown to be very very reliable and there actions are super smooth

I hear ya. I currently have a Bergara HMR in 7mm Mag on a McRees chassis. I’m putting that up for sale to fund what I want. I between a Tikka, or my own custom build out of a Zermatt Origin action with a pre fit Proof Reseach carbon barrel. A lot more money that route, but clearly a different class of rifle as the end product.

I could have done that also, but I did my homework and ended up with a gun that has so far, way exceeded my expectations.
Agreed and I am glad you got what you wanted. I started with aCZ 457 and still shoot it, as its a very accurate gun. Having said that I wanted something on a full size footprint and went with a Vudoo. I have a spare TT diamond so I’m probably going to buy a RimX as well.

Agreed and I am glad you got what you wanted. I started with aCZ 457 and still shoot it, as its a very accurate gun. Having said that I wanted something on a full size footprint and went with a Vudoo. I have a spare TT diamond so I’m probably going to buy a RimX as well.

Ha Ha Ha. I like the way you think.

I have a spare $250-$300 part so I might as well buy a $1200 action. LOL

I had a case of .308 a while ago, but no rifle in that caliber. Instead of selling the ammo, I bought a couple of rifles.

I was seriously thinking Rim X from the get go. My 6.5 is on an Origin action and PVA did the barrel, I actually bought it as a barreled action from them. It it lights out excellent so I figured the Rim X would be the same thing. Then the math kicked in..........somewhere around 1800$ ish before the stock, trigger, scope and mount.

I started checking out the Bergara B14R, mostly here and decided it was worth the gamble. I left the factory stock on it, I think it's fine. If I would have went Rim X, it would have been a KRG Bravo anyways, and they are pretty similar. My 6.5 has an MPA chassis, and I wasn't going to spend that kind of money on this gun. I did buy the same TT Special I have in my 6.5, I am a two stage flat trigger blade fan. I did shoot the factory trigger for the first outing, and I thought for a factory trigger it was pretty decent.

End of the day, I'm very happy with my decision, but I get the other side as well.

Reactions: HenryRed and obx22
I have a vudoo and b14R

Action is super smooth on the vudoo. Super smooth and easy.

The B14R is hard to close at the end

Accuracy wise super close.

Feed/Ejection - B14R has had problems ejecting rounds and removing the rounds from the barrel at the end of a course of fire

B14R - way easier on the wallet

I have a vudoo and b14R

Action is super smooth on the vudoo. Super smooth and easy.

The B14R is hard to close at the end

Accuracy wise super close.

Feed/Ejection - B14R has had problems ejecting rounds and removing the rounds from the barrel at the end of a course of fire

B14R - way easier on the wallet
I posted on a different thread about getting my rifle out for serious work last Sunday. The cock on close is somewhat clunky, compared to the usual way on most other actions, but I had no feeding/ejecting issues and it shot very well!

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
If you have doubts about the b14 then figure out how to get the Vudoo.
I wish I would have taken that advice even though I didn’t lose to much when I sold the b14. The b14 would shoot some pretty respectable groups when it found a ammo lot it liked. The Vudoo shoots amazing groups with quality ammo and some cheap ones like cci. With a ammo lot it likes it shoots like a Olympic match rifle.

Stay away from the b14r carbon fiber it is a sleeve over a pencil barrel and on hot days if you don't cover it Save your ammo and throw rocks you have a better chance of hitting the target!

I posted on a different thread about getting my rifle out for serious work last Sunday. The cock on close is somewhat clunky, compared to the usual way on most other actions, but I had no feeding/ejecting issues and it shot very well!
Sir,
The Bergara B14-R is a cock on opening just like Anschutz 54, Vudoo, Remington 40X, Winchester 52, etc. the only current cock on close rimfire I’m aware of is the Savage B-Mag.
If you are experiencing a cock on close “feel”, is this a factory trigger? Some aftermarket triggers have a different length sear which causes a timing issue as the bolt closes. If there is any resistance while lowering the bolt handle, it should only be the camming force of the lugs engaging and the bullet being engraved by the rifling, neither of which should be particularly noticeable if the assembly is properly greased.

Reactions: Lesptr
Sir,
The Bergara B14-R is a cock on opening just like Anschutz 54, Vudoo, Remington 40X, Winchester 52, etc. the only current cock on close rimfire I’m aware of is the Savage B-Mag.
If you are experiencing a cock on close “feel”, is this a factory trigger? Some aftermarket triggers have a different length sear which causes a timing issue as the bolt closes. If there is any resistance while lowering the bolt handle, it should only be the camming force of the lugs engaging and the bullet being engraved by the rifling, neither of which should be particularly noticeable if the assembly is properly greased.
Well…it depends. Cock-on-close is a known issue with this action and various aftermarket triggers, but the action timing is an unrelated issue that contributes to the bad bolt close feel:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/bergara-b14r-issues-solutions.7075139/post-9472878

I have a RimX and a Bergara B14R. My Bergara is the carbon barreled version and it performs fine in the hot Georgia sun. Saying that I would get the steel for balance. I have mine in an Element chassis and use it for prone and offhand shooting. Accuracy isn’t a problem. The bolt is hard to close and isn’t as nice as the RimX. I love my RimX and it may be my favorite gun to shoot. It’s consistent and accurate. Zero issues and easy to put in a chassis to get it to feed flawlessly. Both guns eject well and haven’t any issues with failure to fire. If on a budget I would have zero problems recommending a Bergara. If money isn’t an issue get a Vudoo or RimX. The RimX mags are amazing. Love loading them.

Sir,
That was my mistake, it feels like it is cocking on the close. I have never shot any of the other 22"s you mentioned, I was comparing to my 6.5 in an Origin action. That could be the confusion?? Mine also has a TT Special.

I wasn't complaining at all about my B14R! The bolt isn't super smooth, but it's not an issue either. I would have no problem at all shooting this gun in a match! This thing shoots way above its weight class so I'm good!!!!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: obx22
That was my mistake, it feels like it is cocking on the close. I have never shot any of the other 22"s you mentioned, I was comparing to my 6.5 in an Origin action. That could be the confusion?? Mine also has a TT Special.

I wasn't complaining at all about my B14R! The bolt isn't super smooth, but it's not an issue either. I would have no problem at all shooting this gun in a match! This thing shoots way above its weight class so I'm good!!!!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
Don’t laugh, but if you mix some STP oil treatment and molybdenum disulfide grease together 50/50, then disassemble and lube all the high pressure points such as the cocking piece threads, the ramp, the lugs, etc. It’ll likely shock you with the difference it makes.
Take care 👍

Reactions: sjmpcc022
Don’t laugh, but if you mix some STP oil treatment and molybdenum disulfide grease together 50/50, then disassemble and lube all the high pressure points such as the cocking piece threads, the ramp, the lugs, etc. It’ll likely shock you with the difference it makes.
Take care 👍
Thank you for the intel, I will for sure try that! The STP is no problem, would you happen to know in which aisle at the Walmart I might find molybdenum disulfide grease?????? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: I have Lubriplate, which works great, but I would think that would turn into nightmare of a mess when a little bit of unburned powder gets mixed in?????

Thank you for the intel, I will for sure try that! The STP is no problem, would you happen to know in which aisle at the Walmart I might find molybdenum disulfide grease?????? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: I have Lubriplate, which works great, but I would think that would turn into nightmare of a mess when a little bit of unburned powder gets mixed in?????
Available at an auto parts store.
Powder, grit, exc. doesn’t get much past the lugs of the action unless you are prone to removing the bolt regularly. Cleaning is a non-issue, a blast from the air compressor over a rag removes the most. Yamaha Combustion Chamber Cleaner will displace/remove everything for a deep clean.

Attachments

• 34960240-36FD-459F-BF32-AF52DA219AD5.jpeg
    34960240-36FD-459F-BF32-AF52DA219AD5.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: sjmpcc022
I had a bergara B14R steel barrel . I also purchased 3 extra magazines . the very first match on the very first stage I fired a round , went to cycle the action and when I pulled the bolt back the magazine emptied the remaining ammo, the feed lip had broken off . then over the course of the season the paint on the barrel started flaking off . I just got disgusted and sold the rifle it was accurate but no more than my custom shop 10/22 which is what I now shoot . what really makes me sick is I could of bought a CZ in a manners stock for less than a hundred dollars more . personally If I buy another 22lr bolt gun for rimfire competition It will be anything but a bergara .

Reactions: Priord12
I had a bergara B14R steel barrel . I also purchased 3 extra magazines . the very first match on the very first stage I fired a round , went to cycle the action and when I pulled the bolt back the magazine emptied the remaining ammo, the feed lip had broken off . then over the course of the season the paint on the barrel started flaking off . I just got disgusted and sold the rifle it was accurate but no more than my custom shop 10/22 which is what I now shoot . what really makes me sick is I could of bought a CZ in a manners stock for less than a hundred dollars more . personally If I buy another 22lr bolt gun for rimfire competition It will be anything but a bergara .
What year did they start coating the steel barrels?