• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara-vs-T1X

From what I have observed, out of the box the Tikka T1X is more accurate.

Now in terms of everything else that might go into shooting a rifle, the Bergara B14R might be a better buy, if you like the stock, weight, etc... If you plan on getting a KRG Bravo, or some other chassis, then I think the Tikka would be the way to go.

I have both. Assuming your talking about the Bergara b14 trainer in 22lr. Vastly different prices starting out. My latest t1x is less than 100rds through it but is very accurate. But short of my vudoo NOTHING I have tested compared to the bergara. Especially if you want a 700 foot print. I have upgraded my trigger. And my bergara shoots amazing.

Littlepod difinately the go.to on the sako

I don't own the Bergara but do own the Tikka, I wouldn't expect a $460 rifle to shoot with a $950 rifle. My Tikka shoots great and if I had the Bergara and the Tikka out shot it I'd be sick

The tikka I have shoots really well. Very impressed.

Bergara stock is MUCH nicer. But when comes to accuracy ... if you find the right match, it’s a dead heat. I’d toss CZ into that mix as well. Either way, you can’t go wrong. All incredible rifles. The Bergara has a few bells and whistles that the Tikka does not, and you pay a good deal for them.

Had 2 tikkas 8 cz 457s I will take the bergara over them. But thata not to say they aren't as accurate. I just like the tifle better

Reactions: littlepod
@DisplacedTexan hey thanks for mentioning me. I have both. They both shoot in their own way. The tikka shoots better groups out of the box with cheaper ammo. The bergara has more upgrades available.

both rifles of mine aren’t stock. If you need more info just ask about them and I’ll see what I can do. I’ve shot the tikka at a match and it was extremely fun. It’s got a yodave trigger spring with a krg bravo.

The bergara sits in an mdt acc with a trigger tech diamond and a Nightforce atacr.

As far as groups go, once you find the right ammo, you’re good to go. The bergara likes eley club, shoots between .3 to .45 groups with that at 50 yards. The tikka shoots eley tenex lights out. 10 shots through literally the same hole. But that’s expensive and I don’t want to spend 17 dollars a box. It shoots cci standard at about .6 inch groups at 50 yards. If you ask me this is amazing. The bergara shoots cci standard at .8-.9.

So ask yourself, what ammo do you want to run? That would be what would lean me towards which gun to get.

Attachments

• 80F752CD-956E-45DB-BFED-76098CCE92F7.jpeg
    80F752CD-956E-45DB-BFED-76098CCE92F7.jpeg
    514.3 KB · Views: 417
  • 7EFA3764-481A-4DD6-9895-42E4FF3AA088.jpeg
    7EFA3764-481A-4DD6-9895-42E4FF3AA088.jpeg
    669.5 KB · Views: 413
  • D095A791-D7DF-4628-96B5-9C10C584F232.jpeg
    D095A791-D7DF-4628-96B5-9C10C584F232.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 465
@DisplacedTexan hey thanks for mentioning me. I have both. They both shoot in their own way. The tikka shoots better groups out of the box with cheaper ammo. The bergara has more upgrades available.

both rifles of mine aren’t stock. If you need more info just ask about them and I’ll see what I can do. I’ve shot the tikka at a match and it was extremely fun. It’s got a yodave trigger spring with a krg bravo.

The bergara sits in an mdt acc with a trigger tech diamond and a Nightforce atacr.

As far as groups go, once you find the right ammo, you’re good to go. The bergara likes eley club, shoots between .3 to .45 groups with that at 50 yards. The tikka shoots eley tenex lights out. 10 shots through literally the same hole. But that’s expensive and I don’t want to spend 17 dollars a box. It shoots cci standard at about .6 inch groups at 50 yards. If you ask me this is amazing. The bergara shoots cci standard at .8-.9.

So ask yourself, what ammo do you want to run? That would be what would lean me towards which gun to get.

Tikka + Yodave Spring is pretty close to the $290 Trigger Tech Diamond.

Tikka, in a Bravo, with a Timney, and a 23" Bartlein bull barrel! :LOL:

But seriously. That.

Bergara rear-heavy af

Well guys I own both! Same stock, both pillared, both glass bedded, both free floated barrels, both same scope, both same bi pod and shooter same shit conditions

total cast in the Tikka $499 gun, $210 stock, $100 bedding which I did myself just added a value for a total of$799

Bergara $650 barreled action, $210 stock, $150 trigger for $1,010

the difference the Bergara has a nicer bolt action, more consistent point of aim no extraction issues! But at the end of the day they are both sub MOA rifles
but the Bergara is just a little better in my opinion

Attachments

• 617F00B7-34A5-4991-88B5-009749DD7434.jpeg
    617F00B7-34A5-4991-88B5-009749DD7434.jpeg
    563.5 KB · Views: 294
  • 5EE058F7-C4A4-4F69-8B68-C7C381D3AA25.jpeg
    5EE058F7-C4A4-4F69-8B68-C7C381D3AA25.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 301
  • AE30B680-305B-4E06-957D-BF34B34BD065.jpeg
    AE30B680-305B-4E06-957D-BF34B34BD065.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 316
  • 9A2A6AA0-A399-499C-BD31-A99B8294DB74.jpeg
    9A2A6AA0-A399-499C-BD31-A99B8294DB74.jpeg
    563.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 2FA989F5-E9C7-456D-8754-251C5E092BF7.jpeg
    2FA989F5-E9C7-456D-8754-251C5E092BF7.jpeg
    934.5 KB · Views: 303
Skip the stock and buy the Bergara barreled action. Stock trigger is acceptable, but not light. Drop it in the chassis of your choice and shoot. Add a trigger at a later date if desired. Able to drop a vudoo, rim-x, or any 700SA into that chassis later if your needs and wants change.

If you're not going to change parts and will use it as it comes out of the box, the Tikka is a great value. It ends up being closer to the same cost once you drop it in a chassis, and you can't use the chassis for any other action in the future.

For what it's worth, there are equal numbers of Tikka's and Remington actions in my house. The Tikka's are all as delivered for hunting use. Most of the Remington's are remage barreled actions that swap into a few bravos depending on my needs for a match.

I have extensive experience with both, and it really is a toss up for me, and depends on the intended use. Both were in KRG Bravos, the Tikka had a trigger spring, the Bergara (steel barrel) had a TT Special set at just under 1lb. so it was a pretty even comparison.

Accuracy - I give the nod to the Tikka. Both were capable of the same groups, the Tikka liked way more types of ammo. I only found a couple that really shot well in the Bergara

Reliability - I give the nod to the Bergara. Thousands of rounds an never a missfeed or a failure to eject right out of the box. The Tikka took some adjusting and tinkering with to get it to do that.

Feel - Not even close, the Tikka runs way smoother. The Bergaras are notorious for a clunky bolt feel. It was enough that off of a barricade I could not reliably stay on the target, even with the added weight. The Tikka will just sit there.

Weight - This one goes either way depending on use. The Bergara is way heavier which I like for a match rifle. The Tikka is nice to carry though. If you intended on doing an all around rifle, the Tikka is your best bet. If you strictly want a heavy rifle, the Bergara will be fine.

I know this is more than what the original question was, but this is how I usually evaluate rifles. Both are a good choice depending on your use and if you like tinkering with them like I do. I sold the Bergara with the intention of buying a Vudoo, but ultimately added an aftermarket barrel to my trusty Tikka and have been happy with that until the Three60 comes out.

I have extensive experience with both, and it really is a toss up for me, and depends on the intended use. Both were in KRG Bravos, the Tikka had a trigger spring, the Bergara (steel barrel) had a TT Special set at just under 1lb. so it was a pretty even comparison.

Accuracy - I give the nod to the Tikka. Both were capable of the same groups, the Tikka liked way more types of ammo. I only found a couple that really shot well in the Bergara

Reliability - I give the nod to the Bergara. Thousands of rounds an never a missfeed or a failure to eject right out of the box. The Tikka took some adjusting and tinkering with to get it to do that.

Feel - Not even close, the Tikka runs way smoother. The Bergaras are notorious for a clunky bolt feel. It was enough that off of a barricade I could not reliably stay on the target, even with the added weight. The Tikka will just sit there.

Weight - This one goes either way depending on use. The Bergara is way heavier which I like for a match rifle. The Tikka is nice to carry though. If you intended on doing an all around rifle, the Tikka is your best bet. If you strictly want a heavy rifle, the Bergara will be fine.

I know this is more than what the original question was, but this is how I usually evaluate rifles. Both are a good choice depending on your use and if you like tinkering with them like I do. I sold the Bergara with the intention of buying a Vudoo, but ultimately added an aftermarket barrel to my trusty Tikka and have been happy with that until the Three60 comes out.

What did you need to adjust in the Tikka? Is it easy work for a newbie? I have one coming as my first rifle soon.

What did you need to adjust in the Tikka? Is it easy work for a newbie? I have one coming as my first rifle soon.
It was not difficult at all. There is a wire ejector on the the left side that needed a bit of tweaking. Mine would occasionally drop the case in the action because the spring did not have enough pressure to kick it all the way out. I watched the rim of the case to see where it was on the spring when it fell off the extractor then used a dental hook to bend it out a tiny bit. Just go slow and dont put too much pressure on it, bending it too far could weaken or break it.
Since I did that I have probably 8k through it without an issue. Not every one needs tweaking though, a few of my friends have them and didint have any of those issues. Theres were far newer than mine, so it may be something that Tikka addressed in the newer rifles.