• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara vs tikka

Legend06

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2022
Texas
Im looking for a hunting/precision rifle around 800-1000 chambered in 308. Would mainly use it for hunting but would like to reach it out to long range occasionally; I’m currently looking at a bergara wilderness terrain or a t3x lite roughtech (if I got the tikka I’d eventually buy an aftermarket stock), wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations or experience with either of the rifles.

Reactions: reNickulous
I have the Tikka T3X Alpine Veil. In 300 WM it shot several 1/2 moa 3 shot groups during load testing. Very smooth gun and smooth short throw bolt.

I personally prefer the Tikka actions over the 700 platforms

Reactions: TheDave
Im looking for a hunting/precision rifle around 800-1000 chambered in 308. Would mainly use it for hunting but would like to reach it out to long range occasionally; I’m currently looking at a bergara wilderness terrain or a t3x lite roughtech (if I got the tikka I’d eventually buy an aftermarket stock), wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations or experience with either of the rifles.
Bergara is a great rifle. Of those 2, I'd go that route. Rem 700 footprint action, so it uses 700 stocks and triggers. And from what I've seen, they're pretty damn accurate, too.

I've heard of a lot of negatives to do with Tikka's (Beretta) customer service. And Beretta can be dicks to deal with...Just from my personal experience 20 years ago at the gun store. Apparently things haven't changed much, if any.

But, to throw you a curveball, if you can find one of these, it will most-likely be the most accurate factory rifle you'll ever shoot... It will need a trigger swap right out of the gate, b/c the X-Mark Pro triggers are absolute lawyer-proof garbage.

I bought my Gen1 5R milspec 24" .308 Win back in 2010, and it shoots 3-shot groups of handloads in the 0.1xx to 0.3xx regularly. When it was 100% factory, other than a trigger swap and torquing the action screws to 65 inch-pounds. At 100 yards, it's the most boring rifle ever... It literally will shoot 1-hole groups all day long, if you do your part.

Last edited:
Question has been answered 1.34B times. But if the search function is broken, the overwhelming concensus is tikka...

Reactions: godofthunder
Factory stock, Zeiss scope and I had my gunsmith put on a muzzle brake. It's a Tikka T-3 Ultra lite 6.5 Creedmoor. It shoots factory Hornady 143 ELD-X in to tiny groups at 100 and near quarter sized groups at 200. No other stock needed.
tika 1.jpg

I own both and would say that both are great, but I like the Bergara slightly more.

What you want is the Bergara Premier action. Better, frankly, in terms of smoothness and bolt lift than a lot of full custom actions I've fondled and frankly I like those factors about it better than my Impact 737 which itself cost more than I paid for my Bergara HMR Pro (with the Premier action). When you get a Premier action Bergara, you also get a TriggerTech trigger (the Primary model) which is soo-fkn-perb for hunting and target.

Tikka action isn't on the same level as the Bergara Premier action but it's what I would buy over a Bergara B-14 action.

I’ve had both. Tikka hands down.
Shoots amazing in cheap stock, expensive stock… tikka doesn’t care.
$10 trigger spring…. Now tikka has trigger that will cost you $200 to get in the bergara.
Get the tikka.

Now.

Reactions: Vortex1
Brownells also sell tikka trigger springs, if you happen to be placing an order thru them. FYI they all look like what comes out of a ballpoint pen.

But @ $10 vs having to buy @ $2-300 trigger it is a no brainer upgrade. FP spring on the t3 is pretty strong, so the lighter trigger is nice.

I have shot a friend's high dollar prs setup and to be honest, I can't see much of a real difference in it vs my Bergara Pro in an MPA chasis.
I feel that the Bergara Pro is about as close as one could get to a near custom factory offering.
With that said Tikka isn't bad at all and you really are picking between two of the best.

Tikka action isn't on the same level as the Bergara Premier action but it's what I would buy over a Bergara B-14 action.
I’d have to disagree, I prefer my Tikka action to my bergara premier by a fair margin. The premier is still a great value imo and punches well above its weight. I’d still just rather have a tikka.

Tikka. I still prefer the trigger to my Bix'n Andy. A sterk knob makes the bolt throw amazing. Only reason I upgraded my main rifle to a Lone Peak was so that I could run AW mags.

I have both. I would recommend again Tikka. Below is my personal experience take it for what is worth and consider this is a sample of one of each.

My Tikka is smooth but nothing special in that department. However, it feeds, extracts, ejects and goes bang every single time. This action has been run in its original stock, an MPA chassis and a Manners PRS. No issues ever period.

Bergara LRP Elite (premier action) granted one of the first ones. Smooth as glass.But I have had issues with feeding from its original Orias chassis and two Manners. I also experienced lots of light firing pin strikes and the worst problem in my experience the ejection that has always been an issue (no matter the spring, ejector, extractor or ammo-factory or handholds). I was personally disappointed w Bergara CS. I wanted to buy a new bolt but they would not sell me one at the time. They wanted me to send the action which I just didn't feel like doing. Eventually, before moving to other set ups, had the rifle rebarreled w a Bartlein, long story. The damn thing is a hammer, 0.5-0.3 MOA, but due to the above I just won't trust it for a match.

Bergara would be a good choice. This brand makes qualitative and performative guns, and I’ve never heard any bad reviews. It would suggest taking a closer look at semi-automatic rifles like their BXR rifle.
As far as I know, Bergara BXR is one of their newest rifles. It includes all the features of a well-made rifle, like a fully adjustable stock, replaceable spacers, extreme barrel accuracy, a 10-round rotary-style magazine, and so on. I also like it’s compact and not as long as the others in the same category.
I think it would make a good rifle for a beginner; it’s easy to use and reliable.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
Bergara would be a good choice. This brand makes qualitative and performative guns, and I’ve never heard any bad reviews. It would suggest taking a closer look at semi-automatic rifles like their BXR rifle.
As far as I know, Bergara BXR is one of their newest rifles. It includes all the features of a well-made rifle, like a fully adjustable stock, replaceable spacers, extreme barrel accuracy, a 10-round rotary-style magazine, and so on. I also like it’s compact and not as long as the others in the same category.
I think it would make a good rifle for a beginner; it’s easy to use and reliable.
thats a 22...he's looking for 308

Tikka, everything that's been said above and you can get a shouldered prefit barrel for it should you need a new one or want to change calibers. Can't do that with the Begara.

My good buddy and member here had this same decision.

We talked.

He went tikka.

And he has a safe full of really nice rifles and glass.

I shoot a Bergara B14 Ridge 6.5cm. It’s never let me down and it just works. I’ve handled Tikkas and they seem great and that’s what my hunting partner shoots. We both dropped deer over 300 yards this year.

Attachments

• 5A04AA1C-F4AA-451E-A936-5DD76FF790D4.jpeg
    5A04AA1C-F4AA-451E-A936-5DD76FF790D4.jpeg
    856.7 KB · Views: 227