• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara vs. vudoo?

Midwest plinker

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2021
Southern Indiana
Anybody on here happen to have time behind both the bergara b14r and any of the vudoo rifles? I picked up a bergara about 6 months ago and have put a couple thousand rounds through it. It produces pretty good groups out to a 100 yards gets pretty wishy washy any further. Iv exclusively shot SK rifle match out of it up until the past few weeks as I am running pretty low on the sk ammo now so Iv been experimenting with some other ammos (basically whatever i can get my hands on right now) cci standards, mini mags, aguila, federal etc. unfortunately have had pretty terrible results with the other ammos. Just kinda curious if the vudoo rifles seem really ammo picky or if they are a little more forgiving and what kinda groups you guys are getting past 100yrds with them? Iv about pulled the trigger on buying one a couple times but just curious if you guys that have em are happy with the vudoos after shelling out the $$ for them? Worth the extra dough or save the money and keep rolling with the bergara? Hoping we come out of this ammo crisis sometime this year!

Have you tried any SK plus ,Lapua Center X our hands are kinda tied with rimfires till we find what our guns like. What are your expectations ?

CCI SV and other lower end players will never be up to Eley, Lapua, or SK. Hopefully the ammo situation will improve. If it won’t break your bank go for the Vudoo, send it to get lot tested and enjoy.

OFG

Vudoo is specifically chambered for Lapua (and by virtue, SK). So it’s predisposed to shoot certain ammunition pretty well. (I shoot for vudoo, so take that as you will)

Bergara is going to be a more generic chamber and thus will take quite a bit more testing.

Beyond ammo compatibility, velocity and such is going to be the biggest issue at distance.

Vudoo will out shoot a B14R 99% of the time. I have a B14R, a friend has a Vudoo. With me behind both guns with the same ammo (Center-X), the Vudoo wins every time. I love my Bergara B14R...it's a Poor Man's Vudoo.

If you are budget minded, get the Bergara. I've never met anyone who was not happy with their Vudoo. Neither rifle will magically make Remington Golden Bullet shoot better.

The real question is, are you willing to spend an extra $1500 for a 10%-20% potential accuracy improvement?

From what I have seen the Vudoo is not really super picky on ammo. Several of the guys at my local club shoot them and they seems to shoot a variety of ammo pretty well, and really excel with Lapua and RWS. The Bergaras that I have messed with seem to be a bit more picky, but when you find that right lot of ammo shoot extremely well.

The big question I would ask myself is what is the rifle going to be used for. If it will live its life on a bench trying to shoot the smallest groups possible on nice days, I would buy the Vudoo. If cost is a concern and the rifle is going to be used in NRL/PRS type matches, that extra fraction of an inch you are going to get in accuracy will quickly be overcome by spending the extra money you saved keeping Bergara on ammo and practicing more in a variety of conditions.
Of course, money no object, buy the Vudoo and a lot of ammo.

Sorry I should have specified a little on what I do with the rifle and type of shooting I tend to do. I’m not really a bench shooter. I do almost all positional NRL/PRS type shooting... shoot off through and around many barricade type obstacles. I’m not one of the “have to have every one of my shots touching” guys. Realistically as long as I’m shooting 3/4-1 MOA that’s good enough award me an impact. The kicker here is I do like to shoot well past a 100 yards with the 22 trainer out to around 300 yards for the sake of just practicing collecting/applying dope ,dialing and holdovers as I have found that shooting the 22 is somewhat similar to shooting 1000yrds with my 6.5 and very similar to shooting my 308 rifles at 1000. As far as holdovers and dialing goes anyways. Unfortunately I haven’t been getting to shooting the 6.5 or 308 much lately just because of this ammo situation. Sounds like I need to put the bergara to the test with several types of ammo until I find one that shoots much better then others. The sk shot extremely well even at the longer distances I’m just about out and can’t find any at the moment 👎🏼 Story of all (or at least most) of our lives right now I know

Reactions: Big Bo
my vudoo and cz 457 both prefer good lots of cx, but i have a lot of SK Std thats darn close. Midsouth has SK std atm for 8 a box. might want to grab a bit and keep an eye on the ammo available thread..

ymmv

lear

Vudoo will out shoot a B14R 99% of the time. I have a B14R, a friend has a Vudoo. With me behind both guns with the same ammo (Center-X), the Vudoo wins every time. I love my Bergara B14R...it's a Poor Man's Vudoo.

If you are budget minded, get the Bergara. I've never met anyone who was not happy with their Vudoo. Neither rifle will magically make Remington Golden Bullet shoot better.

The real question is, are you willing to spend an extra $1500 for a 10%-20% potential accuracy improvement?
Very well put sir. Poor mans vudoo for sure 😂 I should probably do like you said and put the extra 1500$ in ammo providing I can find 1500$ in ammo these days. Iv got a fair amount of Eley tenex so I’m going to see how it does this weekend

Sorry I should have specified a little on what I do with the rifle and type of shooting I tend to do. I’m not really a bench shooter. I do almost all positional NRL/PRS type shooting... shoot off through and around many barricade type obstacles. I’m not one of the “have to have every one of my shots touching” guys. Realistically as long as I’m shooting 3/4-1 MOA that’s good enough award me an impact. The kicker here is I do like to shoot well past a 100 yards with the 22 trainer out to around 300 yards for the sake of just practicing collecting/applying dope ,dialing and holdovers as I have found that shooting the 22 is somewhat similar to shooting 1000yrds with my 6.5 and very similar to shooting my 308 rifles at 1000. As far as holdovers and dialing goes anyways. Unfortunately I haven’t been getting to shooting the 6.5 or 308 much lately just because of this ammo situation. Sounds like I need to put the bergara to the test with several types of ammo until I find one that shoots much better then others. The sk shot extremely well even at the longer distances I’m just about out and can’t find any at the moment 👎🏼 Story of all (or at least most) of our lives right now I know
Dont focus on close evaluations of ammo I shoot more rounds at 200 and 300 yards than ever at 50 yds. I have a vault full of 50 yard guns. You have to have as low a es as possiable on velocity to obtain 300 yd plus accuracy. Other words good barrel, good bullets ,good hold = good results.

You can search my name and see a few post of exactly what your asking. I have a B14R and have a Vudoo ordered. It was what I wanted and I won't be happy until I have a Vudoo in hand. I shoot SK Rifle match out to 400. I plan to shoot the same ammo in the Vudoo. I have 2 cases of it. Buy what you want and be happy with it.

Reactions: SourMash
I own and shoot both. Both of my Vudoo's will outshoot my Bergara by just the very slightest of margins. The overall fit, finish and quality of the Vudoo is exceptional (5 stars) while the Bergara is not as refined (4 stars). Vudoo's offering of customization and a diverse line of magazines in polymer and aluminum exceed that of the Bergara. Both have exceptional customer service. Is the Vudoo worth the $$ over the Bergara? In my opinion yes but I enjoy owning and shooting both.

Last edited:
I think SgtJKM hit the nail on the head. Both are good rifles, one is just way more refined.

If you are willing to send it to one of the Lapua testing centers you can have them lot test the ammo and buy a case or two of it rather than scrounging to find ammo right now and hope you can get the same lot when you find one it likes.
I took my Tikka down to the one in Ohio and had it tested and was really pleased with the result. This thing has always shot Polar Biathlon well, but they found a lot that was shooting under .25 in. at 50 and just over .5 in. at 100 meters. I have only pushed it out to 300 so far with that lot, but I hit 20 out of 20 on a 6 in. plate. The group was under 4 inches.

Reactions: SgtJKM
The Bergara is an excellent rifle. Using CenterX I can easily shoot 2 MOA at 200 yards. IMO, it's an excellent rifle if you are looking to shoot NRL22 matches. NRL matches only goes out to 100 yards so it's more than good enough.

As I've stated in other threads, my buddy who is a good marksman was able to finish consistently in the Top 10 and even in the top 3 with his Bergara shooting out to 200 yards (Our local matches have extra stages that can go out to 200 yards). Very capable.

I like my Bergara but it's a righty. I'm a lefty before Bergara announced the Lefty version I bought a RimX and Vudoo (not scheduled to arrive for another month). I don't find my RimX with a Bartlein barrel to be any more or less accurate than the Bergara out to 300 yards. What does make the difference is the Ammo. I'm finding that in both rifles CenterX works better than SK Match and SK Standard. At a steel target at 250 yards. CenterX was 2 MOA and both SKs were around 4 MOA. of course YMMV but thats what I found.

The Bergara will shoot any higher end ammo I put it in it. Eley Club, SK Standard, SK Rifle, CenterX. Never had a single issue with the Bergara. While my RimX is being a little finicky with "capture" issues. It takes some tweaking to get it running smooth and consistent.

Money isn't a factor when it comes to my NRL competition rifle, reliability and consistency are. So far the Bergara is more reliable between the two.

Clarification, the feed or capture with the RimX only happens like once or twice every hundred rounds. So not a big deal but when you are on the clock and have to dig the round out, it costs time...

Anybody on here happen to have time behind both the bergara b14r and any of the vudoo rifles? I picked up a bergara about 6 months ago and have put a couple thousand rounds through it. It produces pretty good groups out to a 100 yards gets pretty wishy washy any further. Iv exclusively shot SK rifle match out of it up until the past few weeks as I am running pretty low on the sk ammo now so Iv been experimenting with some other ammos (basically whatever i can get my hands on right now) cci standards, mini mags, aguila, federal etc. unfortunately have had pretty terrible results with the other ammos. Just kinda curious if the vudoo rifles seem really ammo picky or if they are a little more forgiving and what kinda groups you guys are getting past 100yrds with them? Iv about pulled the trigger on buying one a couple times but just curious if you guys that have em are happy with the vudoos after shelling out the $$ for them? Worth the extra dough or save the money and keep rolling with the bergara? Hoping we come out of this ammo crisis sometime this year!
My Bergara will shoots, Wolf Target and Extra, all SK, Norma Match and Eley Club, Practice 100 very well Sub MOA out to 200yds. I have one lot of CCI SV that will shoot MOA out to 150yds. I'm like you, I don't shoot a lot of groups, I am a steel shooter. I have shot a Vudoo, they are very good shooter's, very smooth, like all custom actions. IMO in PRS/NRL field shooting can you tell the difference between the two guns. I can't. I also can't see the difference between my Tikka T1X, that shoots the same as my Bergara.
Mark

From what I’m gathering from all of you the bergara is going to be more then capable of doing more then I need it to do. I think maybe I’d be well off to stick with it for now and just simply spend time shooting. I don’t think the slight accuracy improvement with the vudoo is really going to help me that much with the type of shooting I do. If I’m going to keep the bergara sending it to lapua for lot testing is something I would be very interesting in doing. It sounds like with the limited types of ammos Iv actually shot through it Iv probably merely scratch the surface of what the rifle is actually capable of.

Reactions: AZ Dan
The B14R is more than capable of hitting PRS/NRL size targets out to 425-450y, with the right ammo. There are some tricks to adjust the headspace with shims to help make up for the "generic" chamber. Or, like I mentioned above, get a tuner and with a twist of the tuner and a handful of rounds, you can dial it in to shoot sub 1/2 moa.

Main thing to keep in mind about 22 ammo is, of course, the better the quality, the lower the ES's will be. Even though CCI or Federal "XYZ" ammo may print .5moa at 50y, doesn't mean it will print even 3-4 moa at 400y just because of the ES. I see it all the time at my matches. Guys will come in with cheap charlie ammo, touting one hole groups at 50y. Then we go to a 325 yard stage with a 2moa target and they're missing. They really get pissy once we head to the 440 yard stage with a 3 1/2moa plate and they're all over the place.

Match ammo, like Wolf MTX, Lapua Center-X or the like, will have lower ES's, resulting in more hits at distance.

From what I’m gathering from all of you the bergara is going to be more then capable of doing more then I need it to do. I think maybe I’d be well off to stick with it for now and just simply spend time shooting. I don’t think the slight accuracy improvement with the vudoo is really going to help me that much with the type of shooting I do. If I’m going to keep the bergara sending it to lapua for lot testing is something I would be very interesting in doing. It sounds like with the limited types of ammos Iv actually shot through it Iv probably merely scratch the surface of what the rifle is actually capable of.
I bet you if you put a good barrel on that bergara it would be as accurate as the vudoo. Just because one chamber is optimized for one bullet profile doesnt mean another bullet wont shoot well in a different chamber.

My paper 22s will shoot one batch of eley match into a fist sized pattern at 100 but the next lot # will be a winner. Just have to test and see what that particular barrel likes. Both my martinis like the centerx stuff, my winny and anni like eley.

Reactions: BushyAR15
I bought a BergaraB14R. I could have easily gotten a Vudoo but it just wasn’t worth it to me. I have been shooting a lot of 22lr but that’s just because I don’t want to shoot up my stash of centerfire ammo. Once ammo becomes more available, I doubt I will shoot as much 22lr. If you are going to become dedicated to the platform, then get a Vudoo. I figured if I truly wanted a Vudoo after shooting the Bergara then I can just sell the Bergara. You won’t lose enough to make it matter that much...100 or 150 bucks. The accuracy difference is like 10-30% and both shoot sub MOA with the right ammo. What’s that worth to you? A Bergara isn’t a poor mans Vudoo. That’s elitist mentality. It’s just another alternative.

Learn your gun spot weld , grip ,thumb placement the same , cheak and hand pressure are all your enemies with a 22lr. Simple math 22lr vel.1070 ar15 vel 3200 same barrel lenght the ar exits the barrel 3 times faster let's say you shoot 4 in groups at 300 yds. The potential is already 12" groups for the 22lr by elasped time alone. PRATICE

If you can afford it just get a vudoo, i went around and around for 2 yrs ,bought cz,455 cz 457, kidd 1022, bergera they are really nice rimfire rifles,BUT after getting my vudoo i never looked back and i never had to do anything what so ever but buy good quality ammo and went shooting. I don't have to chase accuracy or consistancy all i have to do is get better and do my part..
B..t.w. i still have the kidd 1022 sold the others. No rhyme or reason it just helped pay for the vudoo

Disclaimer: I do not own, nor have I shot either the Bergara B14R or the VuDoo V22. So, most of the following is BS. Take it with a grain of salt.

I mostly shoot BR matches but some PRS and NRL22 also. I regularly shoot against both B14R's and V22's. Both are capable 22's. From what I have observed on BR tgts and scores from similarly skilled marksmen shooting both rifles on the same day & conditions, the VuDoo will win most head to head matches where extreme precision is required. Not by much and not every time. Both are very nice looking rifles with good ergonomics. The VuDoo allows for much more personalization in the choices of stock, bbl and trigger. But neither is magic. You still need good ammo and good skills to get the most out of them. I think the VuDoos usually can print smaller groups at 50y. Not sure about longer distance but in my experience if a rifle shoots well at 50y, it will also shoot comparably well out at longer distance. All of these rifles are ammo limited. The ammo variance overshadows the other variables in these elite rifles.

Other rifles which are comparable to the VuDoo: Winchester 52, Anschutz 54, Remington 40x, Sako Quad. Maybe a handful of others. Note that most of this list while available used, can no longer be bought new. The B14R will usually lose to these most of the time (not all of the time).

Rifles comparable to the B14R: CZ457 VPT, Chassis, and AT-1, CZ452 (some of the older ones), Bruno-CZ, Tikka T1X (but its crappy factory stock is not comparable), Remington 540/541 series, Winchester 75. And saying this, I think the B14R is better than most of this list due to its superior ergonomics and nice mags, and ability to accept Rem 700 triggers.

I own some of the comparable rifles on both lists and never feel handicapped when shooting head to head with the VuDoo or B14R shooters but I do know that to win, I have to bring my A-game and my best ammo. I shot a two card match last night using my CZ457 VPT against a B14R, three Win 52's, three Annies, a Cooper, three T1X's and a few others. The VuDoo shooter left his V22 at home and brought his Annie 54 which is his best rifle (but the V22 is almost the same in performance). I tied for 1st place on the first card with a 249 out of 250 at 50y but lost on X-count to the Annie 54. Third place was a former national champ with his Win 52. On the 2nd card the Annie shot a perfect 250 for 1st, and the B14R shot a 248 for 2nd. A Win 52 with a custom Langley trigger and Muller 4MI match bbl got 3rd with a 247. I think I was 5th with a 245. That is the weakness of the CZ as it is good but not as consistent as some of the better rifles. This particular match is a non-sanctioned fun shoot but is one of the toughest matches in the country to win since there are so many elite shooters in regular attendance with top flite equipment. Makes for a fun event. I usually bring better hardware to this event but I wanted some more trigger time on the CZ to practice for an up coming ARA factory match. Most of those other rifles except for the Tikkas are excluded from factory class matches since they are "Too Good". I personally wish that ARA would allow the B14R as it is a good rifle and would add to the variety of competition. Maybe next year.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Thats the other thing,,,,,, what are you going to do with it what type of shooting, a.r.a. benchrest nrl nrlx prs, i shoot in occasion a local benchrest shiloette match and these guys are pretty serious about it, all the equipment you can think of,hell the steady rest they use cost as much as the rifles Annie's,cz, Winchester, etc. I go for trigger time and practice with the wind not bragging or boasting,but i leave with a score of 40x40 or a 39x40 every time with my vudoo only using my bipod and a rear bag and good ammo, i would do the same shoot with my cz or my kidd or my bergera and be around 35x40 37x40 is it because i just got better over time? Or is it the consistancy of the rifle? Hmmmm my thinking is the rifle, i do way more nrl nrlx and our own lil club Prescott precision shooters same stuff as nrl22 targets out to 300-450yrds and i have gotten top 3 finishes in those as well , i believe it is the purchase of the vudoo ....
I also still take my kidd out to di the same thing and never ever do as good, top 5 finishes but never top 3... Im sold on the vudoo for sure.

Thats the other thing,,,,,, what are you going to do with it what type of shooting, a.r.a. benchrest nrl nrlx prs, i shoot in occasion a local benchrest shiloette match and these guys are pretty serious about it, all the equipment you can think of,hell the steady rest they use cost as much as the rifles Annie's,cz, Winchester, etc. I go for trigger time and practice with the wind not bragging or boasting,but i leave with a score of 40x40 or a 39x40 every time with my vudoo only using my bipod and a rear bag and good ammo, i would do the same shoot with my cz or my kidd or my bergera and be around 35x40 37x40 is it because i just got better over time? Or is it the consistancy of the rifle? Hmmmm my thinking is the rifle, i do way more nrl nrlx and our own lil club Prescott precision shooters same stuff as nrl22 targets out to 300-450yrds and i have gotten top 3 finishes in those as well , i believe it is the purchase of the vudoo ....
I also still take my kidd out to di the same thing and never ever do as good, top 5 finishes but never top 3... Im sold on the vudoo for sure.
I stated above but 99% of all of my shooting is on steel not groups...positional PRS/NRL type shooting. In the past Iv spent way more time behind center fire rifles then rim fire but with the way the world is currently with ammo I have kinda transitioned to primarily shooting rimfire. I don’t lose my mind if all my shots aren’t touching I just need to be on target from 30-300 yards providing I do MY part of the equation. Its all about practice/pounding the fundamentals in my head for me. Obviously I still want the optimal/most consistent ammo for my rifle though.

AND feed it good quality (read: expensive) ammo to get those results?

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
Vudoo 3-4X $$ > Bergara...I got a Bergara...it shoots pretty darn well.

i walked into a gun show last year and was amazed to find a vudoo for less than 2x the price of a bergara, needless to say i have a vudoo, and i wouldnt trade it for anything

Reactions: GetReal
I know I feel the same way,, crazy i guess its all in the name....Vudoo spell or some shit.lol by golly it worked...

Anyone trying to justify not getting a Vudoo, please don't get one... and extend the wait time and drive up the price I'll need to pay for my third. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Cowpokey
I agree with most posts above since I have both. I used to think that the Vudoo wasn't worth the marginal gain in accuracy, but a lot of matches come down to that, at least the ones I've been in. Still competed well with my Bergara but the Vudoo proved very worth it to me. It's so much easier to group consistently. Plus the wider variety of higher end ammo it shoots well is worth it too.

Still, long range 22 shooting is mostly dependent on low ES/SD ammo. Not 50 yard groups.

Reactions: Defender32
My understanding is that vudoo really only work well with high end lapua and sk ammo
Your understanding is wrong. Vudoo can shoot any ammo. As mentioned the chamber was originally designed around the Center X round but that doesn't mean you are locked in to that ammo. I have shot Wolf, Federal, Eley, Lapua, SK, Norma etc out of mine and it's accurate and reliable. Buddy just gave me some ammo last week and I went out to test some of the older Eley Tenex lot and it shot these 5 rounds just fine at my 50 yard home range.

A Vudoo is a custom rifle and a Bergara is a factory rifle. That is basically the bottom line. Both can shoot but if you want to know it will shoot then get the Vudoo. It's the safe bet.

IMG_1459.jpg

Reactions: squishee and STex
Didn’t feel like reading the entire thread. However, if someone has t recommended it, why don’t you try sending it to the lapua center. They will shoot it will all their ammo and sell you what shoots the best. I’d you want to squeeze more performance out of it I think that’s the ticket. They don’t charge you for the test ammo, only the ammo you buy. Saves you from sourcing all kinds of ammunition. Their shooting process all takes a lot of variables out and compares everything apples to apples in your gun. Good luck

Your understanding is wrong. Vudoo can shoot any ammo. As mentioned the chamber was originally designed around the Center X round but that doesn't mean you are locked in to that ammo. I have shot Wolf, Federal, Eley, Lapua, SK, Norma etc out of mine and it's accurate and reliable. Buddy just gave me some ammo last week and I went out to test some of the older Eley Tenex lot and it shot these 5 rounds just fine at my 50 yard home range.

A Vudoo is a custom rifle and a Bergara is a factory rifle. That is basically the bottom line. Both can shoot but if you want to know it will shoot then get the Vudoo. It's the safe bet.

View attachment 7580366
What ammo is this?

The Vudoo IS chambered for Lapua. I knew that when I bough the gun. That was also a selling point for me. I knew that I could get some center X at $10/box (last year), and it would shoot. No messing around with ammo testing.....And that's what I got. A very accurate gun with Center X. I tried other brand of ammo with little success. I couldn't even close the bolt with Eley ammo ( well I could, but I had to push REALLY hard on the bolt).
With the Anschutz I can shoot Eley ammo.
I can't close the bolt on the CCI SV on the Vudoo nor the Anschutz. But they shoot pretty good out of the Kidd.

My most versatile gun? The CZ 452 that shoots and cycles pretty much everything accurately ....Not Vudoo/Anschutz accurate, but 0.5" at 50Y with most ammo and in the low 0.3s with ammo it likes (SK PMS) .

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I do not own, nor have I shot either the Bergara B14R or the VuDoo V22. So, most of the following is BS. Take it with a grain of salt.

I mostly shoot BR matches but some PRS and NRL22 also. I regularly shoot against both B14R's and V22's. Both are capable 22's. From what I have observed on BR tgts and scores from similarly skilled marksmen shooting both rifles on the same day & conditions, the VuDoo will win most head to head matches where extreme precision is required. Not by much and not every time. Both are very nice looking rifles with good ergonomics. The VuDoo allows for much more personalization in the choices of stock, bbl and trigger. But neither is magic. You still need good ammo and good skills to get the most out of them. I think the VuDoos usually can print smaller groups at 50y. Not sure about longer distance but in my experience if a rifle shoots well at 50y, it will also shoot comparably well out at longer distance. All of these rifles are ammo limited. The ammo variance overshadows the other variables in these elite rifles.

Other rifles which are comparable to the VuDoo: Winchester 52, Anschutz 54, Remington 40x, Sako Quad. Maybe a handful of others. Note that most of this list while available used, can no longer be bought new. The B14R will usually lose to these most of the time (not all of the time).

Rifles comparable to the B14R: CZ457 VPT, Chassis, and AT-1, CZ452 (some of the older ones), Bruno-CZ, Tikka T1X (but its crappy factory stock is not comparable), Remington 540/541 series, Winchester 75. And saying this, I think the B14R is better than most of this list due to its superior ergonomics and nice mags, and ability to accept Rem 700 triggers.
I have a Quad and my wife has a vudoo. The Quad is far more picky about ammo, but with sk long range it shoots as good or nearly as good as the Vudoo. If I has the extra cash I would upgrade, but I finally decided to stay with it and order a Mcmillan A5 for it and possibly upgrade the trigger. If you could get chassis like the ba comp or similar, the Quad would beat the Bergara.

Last edited:
I've seen one Vudoo.
Pretty much the duck's nuts.
Seriously thinking about one for my Babe.
I got one for my wife and she loves it. I was kinda hoping to get to borrow it more, but she is somewhat protective about it. Buy your babe a vudoo, it definitely beats flowers.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
The Vudoo IS chambered for Lapua. I knew that when I bough the gun. That was also a selling point for me. I knew that I could get some center X at $10/box (last year), and it would shoot. No messing around with ammo testing.....And that's what I got. A very accurate gun with Center X. I tried other brand of ammo with little success. I couldn't even close the bolt with Eley ammo ( well I could, but I had to push REALLY hard on the bolt).
With the Anschutz I can shoot Eley ammo.
I can't close the bolt on the CCI SV on the Vudoo nor the Anschutz. But they shoot pretty good out of the Kidd.

My most versatile gun? The CZ 452 that shoots and cycles pretty much everything accurately ....Not Vudoo/Anschutz accurate, but 0.5" at 50Y with most ammo and in the low 0.3s with ammo it likes (SK PMS) .

No the chamber was designed around Center X dimensions but not the only thing it will shoot. The only ammo I had issues with was the cheap bulk Eley CMP as it varies greatly in its size. Eley Tenex, Match and Edge all chamber the exact same as any Lapua ammo in both the barrels I have had in my Vudoo. Not sure why yours or others won’t chamber them.

Reactions: STex
Actually Bergara recently announced a lefty model.
Ugh, I had called them in December asking if they had plans to make a lefty, they said "no". I wind up ordering a RimX and a Vudoo. Then they announce the Lefty. I love the Bergara. ZERO issues in the few thousand rounds I've run through it, Accurate for NRL22 and NRLX (I don't do bench rest so no idea how it does) matches and helluva lot less expensive than a RimX build or Vudoo.

I'm tempted to buy a lefty Bergara and have a custom barrel turned by one of the local gunsmiths...

No matter which match I've shot at I always hear someone swearing at their RimX or Vudoo for some failure.... Sure I have no idea what issue they encountered, but I never hear anyone swear at their Bergara....

Reactions: Fowlmaster