• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 105VLD seating depth?? What working for you

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I am loading for a 6 dasher and i am looking for some general seating depths for the 105vld. I know each barrel is different, but i didnt know if some of you guys have found a trend with the 105's? My records are showing that 15 into the lands is to much. I am having some good results at 5thou in, but i dont think i am quite there yet. I am thinking about jumping them 5-10 thou. any doing this? Just curious is all. Thanks lee

Re: Berger 105VLD seating depth?? What working for you

In my latest 6XC XTC bbl I found its likes them either 20 in or 40 off. I do a quick ladder test and it usually shows me what I need to do really fast.

John

Re: Berger 105VLD seating depth?? What working for you

I have working up a load for a 6BR with 95 VLD's and to my surprise they are shooting a LOT better with a .025" jump. I tried seating them anywhere from .o15" into lands to .005" off of the lands and they just would not shoot. I tried what Berger suggested about loading rounds at .040" intervals and I couldn't believe it.
The VLD's actually shot better at any seating distance other than anywhere near the lands with .025" being the best. The rifle went from shooting .6's to shooting in the .2's.

David