• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BERGER 130 Hunting VLD's IN STOCK!

Re: BERGER 130 Hunting VLD's IN STOCK!

good news

that means the 140g vld target bullets are next

i heard they were doing the 140g hunting vlds first, followed by the 130g hunting vlds and then the 140g target vlds and finally 130g target vlds

Anyone know the difference between the Berger hunting and the Berger target bullets? Any difference in moa adjustment for 1000 yards between the two. Any recommendations. I am working up a load for the Berger vld hunting 140's but I don't know, maybe the target bullets would be better?

Depending on individual bullets the B.C. changes. Not sure on the 140s.

In my tests, the 140 Target VLD and hunting VLD shoot exactly the same. In fact, I ordered 2K of the 140 target VLD's, and got the hunting one's, so I'll run them.

As I understand it, the Hunting VLD's have a thinner jacket than the target Vld's. I know the target vld's make very nasty and impressive wound channels in white tail. All have been DRT Johhny on the Spot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperaviator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know the difference between the Berger hunting and the Berger target bullets? Any difference in moa adjustment for 1000 yards between the two. Any recommendations. I am working up a load for the Berger vld hunting 140's but I don't know, maybe the target bullets would be better? </div></div>

Like Chad stated Target has a thicker jacket than the hunting VLD. The hunting VLD's are what the "original" target bullets used to be. I've shot the 130 target and hunting, and all are same poi with same load data from the same lot.

Berger doesn't recommend using the target for hunting. But I've never noticed poor target results or less accuracy from the hunting bullets. They will definitely kill stuff - many 1 shot drops reported from these bullets.

i will just say this

Do NOT shoot game with a target bullet it will pencil right through and chances are you will not recover the animal

the animal will probably end up dying

i shot some pheasants with the target bullets hoping to kill them while keeping damage to a minimim so i could use them in a mount, the bullets went right through the birds they flew off and were not recovered