• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 130 VLD in 6.5CM Load Suggestion

jladd

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2017
Illinois
I have some Berger 130 grain VLD's that I am going to try in my Seekins Havak Bravo 6.5CM. Would appreciate load suggestion using H4350 and RE17 powder as I have these 2 powders.

Thanks!

Yeah I shoot thr 130gr OTM Berger in mine and I have a great load, it's in starline brass. It's 42.35 gr of 4350 I am pretty sure but I need to check my book on that when I get home later. Obviously it's a little warm so check your pressure in your gun before you get up that high.

Berger and Lyman manuals both have good data on the 130VLD for the 6.5 Creedmoor. The newest Lyman manual‘s data has some newer powders. It is a good shooting bullet capable of really good, consistent groups and not the least bit finicky.

Check out the manuals, they can get you going. What shoots great in my rifle and in my southern local might not work worth what comes out of the north end of a south bound male bovine in your rifle.

Half the fun of working up loads is doing it yourself, discovering an excellent combination…..and, not depending on some other fellow’s stuff and never finding out what really works best in your rifle(s)

Reactions: DIBBS