• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 140 Hybrid CBTO?

Jake the dog

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2017
Savannah, GA
If someone could post CBTO for factory Berger 140 Hybrids, I would greatly appreciate it. I bought a case to break in a new rifle (and get 200 once fired Lapua cases) and forgot to measure before I shot the last one. Realized it about 2 seconds after the last one went bang.
Just another senior moment.

Thanks. I will use that as a starting point for load development. I'm going to load 50 moving up from 40 gr. of H4350 in .3 gr steps to find the velocity the factory gave me, then start adjusting jump. This gives me a starting point.
Once again, thanks for taking the time to measure and respond,.

What velocity did the factory ammo give you, i was getting 2774 most guys on reviews were around 2830

I was getting 2825 to 2840. That was rounds 50 to 100 on a new barrel. 26 inch, heavy varmit, 1/8 twist Schnider, about 250 feet DA. I hope to duplicate that then work on seating depth. The rifle can shoot .25 moa, but probably not with me behind it.

For me, 140 Hybrids, 41.5 H4350, 1/8 26” Bartlein = 2810, 1/4” groups. 610 MSL