• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 156’s in the 6.5 SAUM?

dave300

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    It appears the 156’s are releasing soon, and my question is that most of us that have SAUMs used 8.5 to 8.7 twists, then a few different reamer designs. Is the twist going to work, or will a faster twist be needed?
    I have the .081 freebore with the no turn necks (although I skim turn anyhow) and thought it be interesting to post load developments for the 156’s as they make their way to us?
    Currently I run Berger 140 Hunting, 61,5 H1000, Remington Brass, Tula LRMP jumping them .030 and they shoot excellent. Easiest tuned rifles ever touched.

Berger states minimum twist rate of 1:8". Glad my current 6.5SS is 1:8", and my 6.5SS being g built is a 1:7.5".
    I ordered 500 today.

I'm curious to see what kind of speed people will get with these with the standard freebore lengths in the saum. I really want to open mine to about .160" for the heavier bullets.

I hit 3100 with them out of a 7.5 twist 30" Bartlein with no pressure signs. Long action and long freebore