• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 185g VLD

paul T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2006
Ireland
Just recieved some 185g Berger VLDs for my 24in 1 in 11 twist 308 blaser LRS2 rifle and cant seem to get them too shoot as well as the LAPUa 185g scenars, I heard the berger VLDs preform best when jammed is this always the case as i heard some reports of them flying well even at .150 off the lands, my load is Lapua brass, cci br, vihtavuori 49g n550, berger molly 185g VLDs same load with the Lapua scenar 185g mollys, This load with the lapua scenars gives clover leave sized groups at 200y if i do my part but the bergers are dissapointing giving average groups of 1.5in, anyone have info with loading for the Berger VLDs thanks paul.

Re: Berger 185g VLD

bergers will shoot very well close or into the lands..

they also shoot well off the lands..

there is a technique of loading 5 rds each at .010 in the lands, .010 off the lands, .020, .040, .060 off the lands also.

I found my rifle shot well just at the lands, and also .045 off the lands was actually a bit tighter...

try various depths..the bad side of Bergers is unless you are lucky you often have to burn a box testing them for the best seating depth..