• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Berger 185's and RL15

79M1a-texas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2005
Denton County, Texas
I’m shooting a .308 and 185’s VLD with 42.0g of RL15 and running 2580fts in a 1:10 barrel. The Berger’s are .015 off the lands. This past Saturday at 55 degrees, my elevation at 600 yards was 15.0 moa. On Sunday at 70 degrees, still at 600 yards I was at 14.25moa and still hitting the same spot. So couple of questions: 1) Is it normal for RL15 to be this temperature sensitive? 2) Is there a different powder that was about the same volume and velocity as RL15 but is less temperature sensitive? 3) If I found the low speed accuracy node at 2580 fts, what weight of powder is the second node? 4) Is anyone running faster with 185’s?
I'm shooting FT/R class and looking to increase speed and still keep the accuracy. Thanks

Re: Berger 185's and RL15

Although Varget 'may be???' less sensitive, I don't see that you have a problem. Log the conditions and results and you will know next time.