• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 200.20x for .300 Win Mag

H&H Precision Outdoors

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2022
United States, MS
Wanting to see if people have loaded this bullet for .300 Win Mag in a 26" Barrel 1:10 Twist.

Please share load data information, & pictures of 100 yard groupings!

Looking forward to see what you all have accomplished with this, thanks!
Berger 2.png
Berger 1.png

You might find that the Berger 215g hybrids are a bit better. They did well in my WinMag with a very mild 76g of Retumbo at 2850 fps.....single hole 3 shot groups at 200 yards....

Yes, it's a Savage 110 Tactical with a 10 twist...Since you have a nice barrel, 230g's may even be better for you at greater distances past 1000 yards.

@FredHammer
I plan to start my development with:

Lapua Brass
H-1000 Powder
Fed 215 Match Primers

Looking to get around 2975-3000fps, or higher possibly out of my 26" Bartlein 1:10.

What do you think?
I shoot the same primers. H1000 does not generate the velocity of RL77. A 26" with RL77 would be 2960ish. H1000 would be pressuring out lower.

Roger, I've had a few people tell me to try those out as well, I was just concerned because I was sure if 1:10 Twist was fast enough to spin those suckers to maximize the (BC) at distance. Would want to take it out to 1 mile, & nothing beyond that.
The 24" barrel I am shooting now used to be a 30" barrel. At 30" it shot a 208gr ELDM @3060fps. This was my 1 mile ELR load. I stopped ELR and had it cut to 24". Same 208 ELDM shot 2930fps in the 24" version. 130fps difference in 6" barrel loss, I didn't think terrible. The 200.20X Berger outshoots the the 208 ELDM in the 24" barrel with only 15fps difference.

Savage 110 Elite Precision 1/10T.

The 24" barrel I am shooting now used to be a 30" barrel. At 30" it shot a 208gr ELDM @3060fps. This was my 1 mile ELR load. I stopped ELR and had it cut to 24". Same 208 ELDM shot 2930fps in the 24" version. 130fps difference in 6" barrel loss, I didn't think terrible. The 200.20X Berger outshoots the the 208 ELDM in the 24" barrel with only 15fps difference.
Yep! I believe it!

Speed, your appropriate twist, & when you do your part I bet it does!

I just want to be sure I'm getting the max (BC) out of the bullet based on my barrel specs.

Those groups were from a lot of bullets a friend gave me... They had been sitting on his shelf for several years by the looks of them.

He had also pointed them. Not real sure why but the pointed bullets never shot quite as tight as the non-pointed ones.

There's also a better than average chance that the flier on the right of the 70.3 gr group was entirely my doing.

Mike

Those groups were from a lot of bullets a friend gave me... They had been sitting on his shelf for several years by the looks of them.

He had also pointed them. Not real sure why but the pointed bullets never shot quite as tight as the non-pointed ones.

There's also a better than average chance that the flier on the right of the 70.3 gr group was entirely my doing.

Mike
That definitely a possibility, you definitely have a good node for that rifle with this bullet!

Reactions: OkieMike
77gn MRP in Norma brass (95.5gn h2o case capacity) gives me about 3030 fps in a 28” with the 200.20x. I load them to keep the boat tail start just above the bottom of the neck. It’s about 3.6xx inches COL. They shoot well. Found BR2s gave me better SDs than GM215m