• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Berger 6.5 140 gr LR BT Target

Micdalen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2012
Middle TN
Today the wife called early this morning while in town, and told me to head to an estate sale near our house, that they had a load of reloading crap for sale. I figured it would be a waste. There were a few things I picked up, but most notable were the 6.5 Berger 140 LR BT Target. There were three unopened boxes, and I grabbed them for 5 bucks a box. Now my question is simple. I have shot the VLD and Hybrids, has anyone used these, and with what results? The part number is 26409. With a BC of 0.592 they may be promising, but sure if practical experience is worth it. Currently running 1 in 8 twist out of 26 inch barrel. Can anyone chime in that may have worked up a load on them?

I started out with these in my 260 AI. They are a fine bullet and do well for me.
I've tried 142 SMK's, 139 Lapua's, and 140 VLD's. I'll still use the VLD's for fire forming, they work great for that.

The only down side that I can think of may be more of a issue with my freebore. These tend to seat a little long for me. The hybrid is what I'll be switching over to as soon as my stock of the LR BT is used up.

For $5 a box you didn't do bad at all.

B