• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 6.5 153.5gr, any in 65CM?

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    Anyone have any luck shooting burger 153.5 grain bullets in their 65 Creedmoor?

I took these to the range and chronographed a box… Got a 2 inch group at 100 yards with a 24in Bartlein 1:7.5 stainless… which sucks.

The rifle can shoot the crap out of 147 grain ELDM‘s all day long…

The SD of the berger factory ammo was phenomenal…

1A4D5225-1D72-4DB6-B6BD-12598F6EFAE7.jpeg

That's surprising that they shoot that badly out of your gun, even if it's factory loads.

If you're reloading, I'd guess you just need to find the right powder combination??? 🤷‍♂️ I love them out of my PRC, pushing them at ~2917 fps.

6.5 Berger 153.5 2022-1-15.jpg

I think I saw your post over at long range shooter! Responded there too!
    I responded to your questions there:

Anyone have any luck shooting burger 153.5 grain bullets in their 65 Creedmoor?

I took these to the range and chronographed a box… Got a 2 inch group at 100 yards with a 24in Bartlein 1:7.5 stainless… which sucks.

The rifle can shoot the crap out of 147 grain ELDM‘s all day long…

The SD of the berger factory ammo was phenomenal…

View attachment 7968141
    GB - Assuming these were shot suppressed?
    Try them with no can & or switch can & adapter.
    The Xylo I was muzzle blasting you with at class did the same thing with Factory 140 Bergers. Would shoot 147’s under an inch, but Berger 140 was 2”ish. Switched out brakes and the Berger hammers with the Precision Armament brake.

It also hammers those shooting next to me, sorry about that.