• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Berger 6mm CM 105 gr Hybrid Match Ammo

pbatesaz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
Phoenix, AZ and Cimarron, CO
Shot a new barrel yesterday, 35 rounds using Berger match ammo
26” Spencer barrel
6mm Creedmoor 105 gr hybrids
Avg MV 2911 fps
SD 11
ES 44
Used 4DOF and shot paper at 100, 300 and 600 yards. The computed elevation was spot on at 300 and 0.16 moa high at 600 with 0.5 to 0.75 moa groups. I’ll finish off the 100 rounds of factory ammo working on fundamentals and having some fun killing steel. Then I’ll be reloading the lapua brass. Hoping the barrel will be settled in by then. Pretty sure I can get better SD/ES and looking forward to working up a good load. I’ll be using the 105 hybrids primarily, butI have some 110 A-tips and some 105 gr ELD-M’s that I plan to test as well.

That's good news, I'm getting very stable velocities with their yellow box 6.5's too. It seems they did a great job across the board.

On the 6.5, 130gr hybrid Berger Ammo I got 3043 fps with sd of 10.6 and es of 40 with decent groups. That was also a 26” Spencer barrel. I was a little surprised by the mv. My handloads are at 2953.

As long as this ammo is readily available, I won’t be loading for 6cm. I’m getting similar results and you can sell the once fired lapua for 80% of what new lapua brass costs.

Selling the brass cut my per round cost under $0.60/rnd

Reactions: ShtrRdy
As long as this ammo is readily available, I won’t be loading for 6cm. I’m getting similar results and you can sell the once fired lapua for 80% of what new lapua brass costs.

Selling the brass cut my per round cost under $0.60/rnd

Shhhhhhhhhh.. you'll run out of supply and everyone else will undercut your resale price :)