• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger Ammunition.....anyone know if they're producing ammunition?

want2learn

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2013
Hi, thought perhaps the knowledge base on this forum might have some information or insight.

I've been looking to pick up a few different types of the Berger 6.5 Creedmoor commercial ammunition....i've been checking Target Sports USA every couple of days for a couple of months now and never see it as in stock. There was one day when they had some but it was out of stock before i could even complete the transaction.

Is it possible that Berger is not making ammo right now as a result of the recent introduction of some new projectiles?

I'm focusing on the Berger brand because i wanted to keep the Lapua brass for reloading...and i wanted to see which commercially available options might work well in my new barrel.( I'm somewhat locked into Target Sports USA as i subscribed into their free shipping arrangement and it was a little expensive at least for me, not a high volume shooter).

I sent an email to Target Sports USA but received only a non specific generic response. Please, I'm not complaining, just wondering if anyone had any info on Berger Ammunition production. thanks

Hi, thought perhaps the knowledge base on this forum might have some information or insight.

I've been looking to pick up a few different types of the Berger 6.5 Creedmoor commercial ammunition....i've been checking Target Sports USA every couple of days for a couple of months now and never see it as in stock. There was one day when they had some but it was out of stock before i could even complete the transaction.

Is it possible that Berger is not making ammo right now as a result of the recent introduction of some new projectiles?

I'm focusing on the Berger brand because i wanted to keep the Lapua brass for reloading...and i wanted to see which commercially available options might work well in my new barrel.( I'm somewhat locked into Target Sports USA as i subscribed into their free shipping arrangement and it was a little expensive at least for me, not a high volume shooter).

I sent an email to Target Sports USA but received only a non specific generic response. Please, I'm not complaining, just wondering if anyone had any info on Berger Ammunition production. thanks

It's being produced, but ammunition is *extremely* hard to come by, at least in the calibers I shoot. Looks like the 144-gr LRHT is in stock at Mile High.

Reactions: scotchtape
Bruno's has 156 gr and 140 gr in stock. You have to go to their website and enter "6.5 creedmoor berger" into the search bar. It doesn't show on their Berger ammo page for some reason.

Keep an eye on Midway, they’re more expensive but they usually aren’t out of stock long.

its out there, but more than usual are buying. So short supply

Yep hard to find.

Looking for a couple cases of 130 hybrid.

Mile high has both 140s and 144s in stock. No idea how much. I just picked up a couple boxes of each to try. My rifle shoots the 140s lights out. Haven't had a chance to try the 144s.

I had to stockpile the 300WM 215 and 300NM 230 cuz they were impossible to find before PRK went the stoopid background check/no shipping into state garbage.

You out-of-staters got it easy!

I waited months for Berger 6.5 Creed 135 Hunter. I even emailed Berger. Guy was nice enough to email me telling they were releasing some to dealers the week before I found it in stock online. I snagged a case as soon as it hit.

Europtic has some in stock as well last I looked. I got a case and a half of the 144s a few weeks ago from them.

There’s plenty of it out there. I should have bought a pallet of it when it was under 28 bucks a box. All places stocking it now are much more expensive

Reactions: XTREM HTR16

I'm in the same boat with you. I purchased the TS usa membership earlier this year for some 6 creed ammo and hoping the berger would come back in stock. my gunsmith called me up last month and asked if I wanted some of the berger ammo. I said hell yes. from what he says, yeah, they are making ammo, but parts are hard to find. I wouldn't be surprised if this will continue til the end of the year, or at least til after election

thank you all so very much, i ended up ordering some from elsewhere..i rarely if ever sign up for programs with membership fees but i did for Amazon to avail myself of the shipping benefit which seemed to be working out fairly well.

...looks like i might well have wasted the Targetsportsusa membership fee. disappointing but live and learn

I have been buying my Berger bullets from OTM tactical, they have really good prices also. I pay $217 for a box of 500, 140 match hybrid.

I have been buying my Berger bullets from OTM tactical, they have really good prices also. I pay $217 for a box of 500, 140 match hybrid.
He’s talking about Berger’s pre loaded ammo not their bullets

Blue Collar Reloading - American & veteran owned small business. Very fast order processing 🇺🇸 They have the 144 hybrids and the 153.5 Berger hybrid ammo in stock now. You’ll love this supplier. Ask for the same lot number and they will accommodate if they have it. Make sure you ask.

JB in NC

Last edited:
thanks everyone, appreciate the help. wasn't familiar with a couple of these places so glad to be made aware of them. some places prefer not to ship to California as ammunition must go through an ffl.