• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger Ammuntion 215gr. .300WM Powder

Diesel65

Connoisseur of fine rifles and liquor
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2017
Republic of Texas
I know this is a longshot, but does anyone have an idea of which powder Berger Ammunition uses in their 215 grain rounds by chance? Its a spherical powder, and 77.2 grains. I thought they may use Vhitavouri, but cant find anything with a charge that high. Thanks

I pulled down one of mine a while back and was looking for the same advice. The closest thing I could find, same shape and load data was ramshot magnum. From what I could tell the kernels are very similar to what I was seeing. Ramshot load data was right in the ballpark velocity wise also.
Mine weighed out a 77.8 grains
7C920E14-8D4B-4181-BCFB-55664C64FF90.jpeg
AABE6776-C0CE-448A-988E-9BCDFA6CE34D.png
D0CDAA7E-B396-463B-8AAF-CE4D7EBBC041.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1J04
Same thing I thought. I expect Vhitavouri or h1000, maybe retumbo. I was surprised when I seen it was a ball type powder.

I found other powders that looked just like it also but the charge weight didn’t match up to what I got.

Thank yall very much. I looked at Ramshot and AA Magpro after posting. Both were within the weight range. Never used either of them, but worth a shot. The loaded ammo shoots extremely well in my AI

Never used Magnum, but I have used Magpro in several cals. It works very well with heavy for cal. bullets. My gen 1 5R 300 mag likes the 230's on top of Magpro.