• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Berger has a new 7mm bullet

Wonder what kind of speeds I could get out of a regular 7mm-08? Would it even be worth trying?

Wonder what kind of speeds I could get out of a regular 7mm-08? Would it even be worth trying?
7mm SAW with a long barrel and 2000 MR might get it up there. I ran 175s with 2000 MR and a 26” barrel and saw just shy of 2900fps. Quite temp sensitive though

Pretty sure I got 2925 from the 195’s in my 28 Nosler. I still had room to go on that load but it grouped well at that velocity.
I would say 3000+ would not surprise me at all.

Having a hard time trying to see a market for a 190 grain target bullet that’s got a lower BC than the 180 ELD-m?

Having a hard time trying to see a market for a 190 grain target bullet that’s got a lower BC than the 180 ELD-m?
I’m finding the 180 ELDM actual BC to be lower than listed in my experience and honestly I’m having a few blow up in flight as well

I’m certainly going to still use them in my 260but I’m now considering the 180 or 190 hybrids for my 7 saum.

I’m finding the 180 ELDM actual BC to be lower than listed in my experience and honestly I’m having a few blow up in flight as well

What BC are you getting? (And what twist and MV?) You must be spinning them pretty fast.

That’s surprising. I thought you must be pushing them 3100+ if they were blowing.
Nope.
I shot 90 rounds this weekend in that rifle and had at least 4 blow ups.
I saw one of them blow observing trace when a friend was shooting.
I noted that lot number and will definitely be avoiding those.
Besides those performance last weekend was amazing though.

Reactions: Odysseus1911
This bullet will be used by plenty of F-open shooters, 7 SAUM's, 284s etc will lap this bullet up.
When I get back from California I’m definitely gonna pick up a box to try in my 7 saum.

a quick look says none are available now so I may be waiting a bit.

When I get back from California I’m definitely gonna pick up a box to try in my 7 saum.

a quick look says none are available now so I may be waiting a bit.

Hope you can get your hands on some - I'd love to hear how they shoot - I have heard they like to be driven a bit harder than the 184s which makes sense but it's going to be sometime before I see these in Australia.

BC's for every manufacturer are all going to be within 3-4% of one another with similar bullet weights. There is no magic pixie dust that allows Hornady's 180 ELD to be 10% higher than everyone else out there, regardless of how fast you spin the bullet.

Bryan Litz has that bullet listed at a .360 G7 in his testing and many people have verified that number is very close. I'm surprised Hornady still claims a bc of .401

Realistically it doesn't make sense with today's modern bullet designs that a 180 gr bullet would have a higher bc than a 195 gr of the same caliber unless a radically different shape was at play, and we know it isn't.

BC's for every manufacturer are all going to be within 3-4% of one another with similar bullet weights. There is no magic pixie dust that allows Hornady's 180 ELD to be 10% higher than everyone else out there, regardless of how fast you spin the bullet.

Bryan Litz has that bullet listed at a .360 G7 in his testing and many people have verified that number is very close. I'm surprised Hornady still claims a bc of .401

Realistically it doesn't make sense with today's modern bullet designs that a 180 gr bullet would have a higher bc than a 195 gr of the same caliber unless a radically different shape was at play, and we know it isn't.
.360 is a lot closer to what I’m finding than .401 on the ELD’m 180 even with A 1-8 barrel.

I should have a box of the 190 hybrids in hand mid week.

.360 is a lot closer to what I’m finding than .401 on the ELD’m 180 even with A 1-8 barrel.

I should have a box of the 190 hybrids in hand mid week.

Interested to see how they perform.

Its pointed hot hollow point..hmm hunting?

Minimal opening in the tip, may work at high velocities but might struggle to open up at longer ranges.

Reactions: bjay
They’re listed as F-open so obviously aimed at target/Fclass.

Not that plenty of people won’t try to drop game with them.

I might try and smoke some coyotes with them at extended distances’s that should be fairly interesting.

I got a 7 sherman max basically 7saum AI
This probably not for me as game bullets eh
How is the Sherman Max? Did you buy the reamer?

How is the Sherman Max? Did you buy the reamer?
Barrel started as 7ss really accurate..but its a single shot action.so when 7 max reamer become avaiil. I re reamed barrel..i think the max is designed better.i was having issue resizing 7ss..both accurate but the abvious size capacity on 7 max def offer higher fps
Screenshot_20200111-051517_Gallery.jpg

Its a cartridge I'm debating on for my next build. Are you shooting Berger 195?

Its a cartridge I'm debating on for my next build. Are you shooting Berger 195?
Im using 175 ELITE for fireforming and will be using either 184 or this new 190 for game..my reamer freebore is designed for the 195 but will work even with 175 the 184 Imo seat better in the having enough bearing when its jump around .020 jump.
I also got 180 hyb 195 elite and 162 eld-m will soon try them all and its loaded...im.just busy load dev my norma at the moment
The 162 does seat nice when its jumped .020 off having longer bearing

Reactions: DIBBS and BCX
Should be a good match in the 7 Sherman MAX loaded at 3.200.

I don't think its been posted yet.

All the tips are immaculate and it definitely looks sleek.
I haven’t shot Berger’s for a few years so this will be interesting.
823071EC-DF3E-448D-A42B-951A022E7CC4.jpeg

Reactions: BCX
Ok
Did a quick speed and pressure test.

I should have gone higher because I didn’t find any real pressure.

With the same charge as I’m using with the 180 eldm I was 60 FPS lower

Mag fed so jumping them a lot accuracy seemed excellent

I’m going to try what seemed to be the low node at 2855 FPS at mag length

also 10 each of slightly higher charge at mag length and loaded long .02 off the lands.

Also will try to test BC on Sunday at distance.
Buddy from Canada wants to go shooting.

Reactions: PowPowHawg and BCX
My Sherman goodies arrived today. Those Whidden dies look bada$$. Love the ADG packaging! Can’t wait to play w the 7 MAX!

Reactions: clcustom1911
I interesting tid bit I neglected to mention yesterday.
The 190 hybrids had exactly the sam poi as the 180 eldm’s.

Reactions: BCX
I interesting tid bit I neglected to mention yesterday.
The 190 hybrids had exactly the sam poi as the 180 eldm’s.

Interesting. Did you happen to calculate bc based on your speed and drop?

Same bc? And same speed?
It was just a speed test at 100 yards
I don’t know the actual BC yet and they were 30 to 90 FPS slower.

If it’s decent tomorrow I’ll test them at distance.

I have some at mag length and single feed .02 from the lands.