• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bering Optics D760 - Disassembly

AlexTobacco

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2022
UK
Hi everyone!

I hope you're all well. A friend has given me his Bering Optic D760, however, it won't turn on and I suspect the tube is dead.

I've tried to find a manual for disassembly, but I haven't been able to find one.

Could someone let me know if disassembly is possible for a user like myself, or is this something I need to send it to a tech for? Note - I'm just concerned about the dissassembly at this stage, I can diagnose whether it's the tube or the electronics myself :)

Thanks!

Good Morning! This one probably needs to be sent in for repair. Even if you were able to disassemble, unless you are set up for NV repair, you won't be able to purge the unit upon reassembly. Maybe obvious but are the battery contacts free of corrosion? I don't know if there are parts (electronics) available except through the manufacture. These units are pretty robust.

Hey @bill_van!

Thanks for your reply I think there's value to testing things out first before I ship it for repair.

Ideally I'd like to access the image intensifier compartment so I can remove the tube and run 3V across its contact plates. If it powers up, that at least means the tube itself is working and the housing is the issue, which means I can use the tube for other purposes in the meantime.

Plus - I like learning! So I'm very curious about how to begin disassembling this - Is it as simple as unscrewing the objective or ocular lens, or is there more tooling required?

Cheers,

Mine isn't a Bering Optics but it is a D760. I believe the housings are the same though...... looking at mine, it must come out from the objective end but I don't see anything that looks like it loosens. If I were to guess, there is probably a lock ring (or several) that needs to be removed before it will allow access. Maybe someone will chime in that's actually done it to give you a tip!

Reactions: AlexTobacco