• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berry's Bullets w/ Power Pistol in .45 ACP ...

RoosterShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Kentucky
I was at a show this weekend and picked up 500 185 gr. RN Hollow Base and 500 230 gr. Round Nose Berry's MFG Plated Bullets and 4 pounds of Alliant Power Pistol for my 45 ACP auto-loaders.

Does anyone have any good bullseye or steel loading data on these bullet and powder combinations?

I will be firing them all from 5" 1911s.

Any suggestions?

Re: Berry's Bullets w/ Power Pistol in .45 ACP ...

Well good luck. Those bullets generally require lead bullet loading data so they don't strip off in the rifling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kolkio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well good luck. Those bullets generally require lead bullet loading data so they don't strip off in the rifling. </div></div>

That's not true. Don't know where you heard that! They use jacketed bullet data.

Anyone else?

Berrys bullets have a really good customer service send them a email of what you Got and within an hour you'll have your load.

Go do a search on Brian Enos site, mostly hand-gunners over there - I don't think you will like what you read. I have considerable experience with them. But good luck with it. Let us know how they group for you. But please do not download Power Pistol too much. Try a faster powder. Check at 25 yds on solid backed paper to see if your holes are round. Call your shots. I'm sure you can make them work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recarga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Berrys bullets have a really good customer service send them a email of what you Got and within an hour you'll have your load.

</div></div>

I called and they said that they presently don't have any 'official' data. Hodgdon is working up some 'Official' loads for them, but they did say that you could load from the high lead to low jacketed range.

Forgot to mention that I also have the following powders ...

Titegroup
WST
W231
SR 4756
AA#5

Would one of these powders be better suited for the plated bullets, and save the Power Pistol for my jacketed loads?

I use Clays for 45 and 9mm with Berry's Plated.

Titegroup will give good results, but it is a lot dirtier than Clays.

This is Clays, NOT International Clays.

There is plenty of good data for Clays and Titegroup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootsBlanks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use Clays for 45 and 9mm with Berry's Plated.

Titegroup will give good results, but it is a lot dirtier than Clays.

This is Clays, NOT International Clays.

There is plenty of good data for Clays and Titegroup. </div></div>

I used Clays on other loads back several years ago, and purposely ran out because it's too dirty! Titegroup isn't my favorite powder either , but I do have 1/2# or so left. Not enough to load 1k bullets however.