• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best “Do it all” Rear Bag

Sminja19

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2019
The Gem State
Hi all!

Still a little new to the PRS world and I’m looking to hear opinions on the best all around rear bag? Thank you in advance!

str8 laced
or one of 35 different options. finger bang every one at a match and you'll find one you prefer

I've used TAB & str8 laced, both were good for different reasons.

Str8 was very very lightweight as well, but I prefer a heavier bag. Great if you're carrying weight for distance.

TAB is a nice wrap around, was awkward for me, but very usable.

Currently using this one and like it a lot. Slightly small, and wish it had a bit more fill, but my current favorite.

Would try this one next

Stay away from bags that have too much fill. Too little doesn't work either. You need enough to raise/lower the rear with a controlled squeeze

Very personal choice, definitely ask guys at ranges and matches if they'd mind if you reached over and felt/squeezed/played with their bags a bit to see how you like 'em. The ones you like, you'd be willing to pay money for.

(HAHAHA!)

This is a good option. Cause it's a rectangle, it gives more adjustment and I've been using it over my accuracy small bag. Only thing that's annoying is the buckle that you can feel it its against the stock. I always have to be mindful to keep the buckle towards the ground.

Reactions: Mike4837
My go to bags are the str8laced and SAP run n gun bag. Depends on the rifle I am shooting to be honest.

We have a few different options depending on what you are trying to do with it. If you are looking for something that can double as a barricade bag the Mini Recon is perfect. It’s actually a barricade bag that works great as a rear bag. The ELR rear bag is more of a dedicated rear bag. They all use a unique fill that we came up with that is ridic stable. There is a demo video of it on our site.
precisionundergroundriflegear.com

Thread on the rear bag here
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-rear-bag-from-precision-underground.6911957/

Happy to answer any questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shankin McStaby
Get a Wiebad Todd Tac Pad, easily doubles as a rear bag / positional bag and weighs nothing. Get a game changer / tactical udder and you'll have the only two bags you will ever need for 99% of shooting situations.

We have a few different options depending on what you are trying to do with it. If you are looking for something that can double as a barricade bag the Mini Recon is perfect. It’s actually a barricade bag that works great as a rear bag. The ELR rear bag is more of a dedicated rear bag. They all use a unique fill that we came up with that is ridic stable. There is a demo video of it on our site.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-rear-bag-from-precision-underground.6911957/

+1 on these. I tried a lot of bags over the years and kept going back to the GAP bag with my custom fill. Until I tried one of these. Now they are my new go to.

Still a little new to the PRS world and I’m looking to hear opinions on the best all around rear bag? Thank you in advance!

Myself and most of my friends just use a game changer for a do it all bag. Barricades, natural obstacles, or rear bag for prone. It works great at all three.

Face it, you’ll buy several different bags as designs evolve and you explore & progress through different problems. But if your goal is to buy Just One Bag, then go for the Numero Uno.

• Haha
Reactions: Laughing_Jackal
I use either a game changer or tactical udder. Both can be used as an all round rear bag. And killer for support on props. This season only carrying a udder and pump pillow for all matches. Trying to get better with less.

Reactions: Mxridr
I use either a game changer or tactical udder. Both can be used as an all round rear bag. And killer for support on props. This season only carrying a udder and pump pillow for all matches. Trying to get better with less.
I agree totally I use my wax canvas game changer and a pump pillow. There’s not many positions I can’t overcome with just these two bags

ELR bag is an awesome rear bag and I have tried a lot of them.

I use a Traust rear bag for just about everything.

Myself and most of my friends just use a game changer for a do it all bag. Barricades, natural obstacles, or rear bag for prone. It works great at all three.

Honestly, rear bags and bipods aren’t used as much as people think in PRS.

Sure they get used, but you find many if not most positions your “traditional” rear bag is pointless.

The dedicated rear bag I keep going back to is a good sock filled with poly pellets. I can set the fill to the size/weight I want, it conforms to my hand/stock, and I’m able to make fine elevation adjustments due to the stretchy material. Cost? Less than $10.

It obviously wouldn’t make for the best all around positional bag, but as a rear bag or for going hard on soft off of a wall/flat surface, it’s what I always keep with my rifle.

Honestly, rear bags and bipods aren’t used as much as people think in PRS.

Sure they get used, but you find many if not most positions your “traditional” rear bag is pointless.
I’ve only shot two matches and one was just wat you said, almost no bipod/rear bag. The second one I shot at Altus I would say 6/10 stages used a rear bag. Keeping the rookie guessing!

Reactions: Shankin McStaby
For a minimalist bag I've used an Armageddon Gear brick for general range work, but during PRS matches I only carry one support bag, and that is a pint-sized Gamechanger. It's large enough for a front support, and small enough to use as a rear bag.

I tried a bunch of bags and have not yet found one that beats the Armageddon Game Changer for all around shooting. It can be as either a rear support bag or over obstacles. I personally like the waxed canvas one.

I also occasionally will use a Wiebad Tacpad if I need a bit more support in building a position, and can attach it to my arm to fill space.

In my opinion you only need a full size OG game changer to shoot pretty much any position (I like waxed canvas but haven't tried the new stickey). I have other rear bags but even for load dev I find myself using it.

Reactions: Cjwise5
Can you tell me the differences in feel and what differences in usages between your classic and heavy filler.
Weight is obviously the biggest difference but there is a bit of a different feel between the two. The heavy feels kind of chalky and dense inside. The standard is hard to describe but it's the same mixed fill that's inside of our rear bag. It's inside is kind of soft and sticky and rubbery but not bouncy at all if that makes sense? Doesn't really make sense but it's hard to describe.

As for application- When attached to the base the dense wins out on a little extra stability in my opinion. But that's just the nature of a heavier base. The trade off is maneuverability. If you have strong hands and arms and your rifle isn't already 30 Lbs it probably won't matter. But if you struggle at all with maneuverability you probably should not get the heavy. I have been using the heavy when not using the micro and I love it. But then I pick up a standard and remember how nice it is as well. So I can't say I'm totally sold one way or the other.

I would say the standard fill is a little more versatile than the heavy when not attached to the base just because of the blended fill.

Weight is obviously the biggest difference but there is a bit of a different feel between the two. The heavy feels kind of chalky and dense inside. The standard is hard to describe but it's the same mixed fill that's inside of our rear bag. It's inside is kind of soft and sticky and rubbery but not bouncy at all if that makes sense? Doesn't really make sense but it's hard to describe.

As for application- When attached to the base the dense wins out on a little extra stability in my opinion. But that's just the nature of a heavier base. The trade off is maneuverability. If you have strong hands and arms and your rifle isn't already 30 Lbs it probably won't matter. But if you struggle at all with maneuverability you probably should not get the heavy. I have been using the heavy when not using the micro and I love it. But then I pick up a standard and remember how nice it is as well. So I can't say I'm totally sold one way or the other.

I would say the standard fill is a little more versatile than the heavy when not attached to the base just because of the blended fill.

What fill is in your demo video? The bag in the video seems fairly firm and appears to be workably adjustable to me. So what I’m looking for is the Recon Mini for mostly rear bag use with maybe up front applications occasionally. That’s how I plan to use it. Sounds like the classic filler may be better for that overall...what do you think?

Last edited:
What fill is in your demo video? The bag in the video seems fairly firm and appears to be workably adjustable to me. So what I’m looking for is the Recon Mini for mostly rear bag use with maybe up front applications occasionally. That’s how I plan to use it. Sounds like the classic filler may be better for that overall...what do you think?
That’s the standard, blended fill in the video. I agree it would be best if you plan to do a lot of rear bag work with the mini.

That’s the standard, blended fill in the video. I agree it would be best if you plan to do a lot of rear bag work with the mini.
Well just received the Recon Mini I ordered from Precision Underground Rifle Gear, I chose the Black Multicam. I REALLY like this material color. It looks even better than the pic on site IMO. Top and bottom are the black “sticky” covering with the sides & straps all having the Black Multicam. The full length of one side of each strap is velcro (half felt & half hook with about 3/4” clear in the middle of the length for better foldability). The fill, like he said, is hard to describe. Like a pliable weighty bag almost like thick fluid fill but not a fluid. It does just what Jesse says, kinda solidifies sorta upon compression, well it definitely stiffens. Hey... it’s just one bag for now throwing a few pics out to show maybe a few things about it. Love the color, the last three pics are with it standing tall, 7”, then sorta judo chop pressed down on the top. I’ll be getting other things from him I know. Great build, super correspondences/fast, and the.....
52405A8C-F325-4511-A901-349614E48014.jpeg
7B783ADA-BA9F-4BAA-940E-E6D2EF3E8863.jpeg
F883B210-7DFA-428B-9150-25BD42C17B38.jpeg
2FE24A45-7206-42FC-A051-A93E83774F2E.jpeg
0332E73E-FE1D-4C4A-971B-B99C0B127A8E.jpeg
CB5A0E1D-D6AB-4862-BDBD-E86668B1B2A2.jpeg
A5D67E53-9899-4DCB-B2EE-647A18486263.jpeg
C3D12B0D-CFBE-4C28-8B41-2C5A9E2EB0AA.jpeg
product speaks for itself.

Last edited: