• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best 1-6x scope, USO?

dmachine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2004
RI
Who makes the best 1-6x (or there about's) scope for an AR type rifle? It needs to be good for CQB, and out to aprox. 600 yards, lit ret., ranging would be nice, must be rugged and track right, and should have an obj. of around 37-40mm so it will work good in low light. I like the USO SN-3 & 4's, (all except the weight) what else is there? Right now the rifle, an XCR (Rob. Arm) has a Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x SPR scope which works ok until it get's dark, then you can't see through it.

Re: Best 1-6x scope, USO?

March now offers a 1-10x24. It has 200 MOA of travel! Have yet to see one, but what is not to love about a 1-10 power scope?

March 1-10x24

As far as I am aware, Kelbly's is the only importer of the scopes. And price wise, they are right up there with best of them... So if you have a heart condition, take your nitro before you call them for pricing. They aren't cheap.

Well, according to their price sheet, they vary from 1600 to 2520 depending on what options you get.

Kelbly's March Scope Pricing

I'm not sure how much of retail one pays, as I've never bought one. But, Kelbly's is the only importer of them, so there isn't a whole lot of competition.

BTW, that IOR is COMPACT. There have been better and better low power scopes come out as of late. I was never really into them simply because the high end was not high enough for my liking. But I can't argue that anymore...

Agree with the poster on the S&B 1.5-6x42.

I have one on a 308 hunting rifle. Great at dawn and dusk. I think the flasdot is faster than an illum. reticle. I have a german reticle, not sure about ranging options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmachine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It needs to be good for CQB</div></div>

Most folks who are using optics, not red dots, for CQB tend to prefer scopes that are a true 1X (or very close).

You might also ask over here:
http://www.m4carbine.net/forum.php

No doubt for CQB and long-range out to 600...get the Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 with Illum. Circle Dot reticle. True 1x, plenty of magnification for longer shots, and rugged dependability found with the entire Swarovski optics lineup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No doubt for CQB and long-range out to 600...get the Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 with Illum. Circle Dot reticle. True 1x, plenty of magnification for longer shots, and rugged dependability found with the entire Swarovski optics lineup.</div></div>

Agreed, it is a great scope.

S&B is supposed to release a 1x8 shortdot in the summer. If they have the bugs worked out from the one at Shot then that will be my new 3gun scope.

Alot of these still have that tiny obj., 24mm for the most part, I'd like to stay away from that. That IOR Pitbull is pretty nice looking, and although I don't want it for this rifle I will be getting one at some point. That March looks pretty sweet, I'v never heard of them before are they as good as USO, S&B, etc.? They seem to have some great features on them, but man your right.... BIG BUCK'S! Has anyone here used one of these before? Can anyone here say how good the glass is in real world use? It's hard to beat USO because you can build just what you want and their rugged and work good. Thank's everyone.

This isn't 1-6, but for an AR this would be my choice:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TR24R: Trijicon AccuPoint 1.-4x24 Riflescope Red triangle, 30mm Tube </div></div>$765

I T&Eed one this winter and absolutely loved it. If I didn't already have a scope on my 375H&H, this scope would be on it.

I was
frown.gif
when I had to return the scope to Trijicon.

dmachine, I cannot vouch for the the 1-10x24 March. I can however attest to the quality of the 10-60x52 March. They are widely regarded as THE glass to have in the BR world. The one that I sat behind, was shooting a 6BR at 600yards. Granted, this was on a bright crisp morning, and no mirage, but it was not difficult to resolve 6mm holes in the target at 600 yards.

There will be some guys that tell you I'm full of BS. Fine. But do me a favor and go over to 6mmbr.com and look for yourself. The guys that own them all say the same thing. 6mm holes can be resolved at 600 yards with the right atmospheric conditions. The only other scope I think could do that would be a S&B 12-50. There is a great, non biased comparison on the two, again at 6mmbr.com.

All that being said, I don't know how they would work as a tactical platform. Their BR platforms excel to say the least. You best bet would be to call Kelbly's and talk to them. I'm sure they can give you the skinny on March products and the lowdown on the 1-10x24. Otherwise, I think their are entire threads about March products over on 6mmbr.com. You can read up and probably make a better decision.

Unfortunately, most the 1x scopes have tiny OBJ. That goes across the board. I don't know of any large OBJ 1x scopes, but 1x scopes are not my thing, so, again, I'm not well informed and cannot say for sure.

Good luck figuring out what to buy! There are just lots of great options as MFG processes have come a long ways over the last 20 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dmachine, I cannot vouch for the the 1-10x24 March. I can however attest to the quality of the 10-60x52 March. They are widely regarded as THE glass to have in the BR world. The one that I sat behind, was shooting a 6BR at 600yards. Granted, this was on a bright crisp morning, and no mirage, but it was not difficult to resolve 6mm holes in the target at 600 yards.

There will be some guys that tell you I'm full of BS. Fine. But do me a favor and go over to 6mmbr.com and look for yourself. The guys that own them all say the same thing. 6mm holes can be resolved at 600 yards with the right atmospheric conditions. The only other scope I think could do that would be a S&B 12-50. There is a great, non biased comparison on the two, again at 6mmbr.com.

All that being said, I don't know how they would work as a tactical platform. Their BR platforms excel to say the least. You best bet would be to call Kelbly's and talk to them. I'm sure they can give you the skinny on March products and the lowdown on the 1-10x24. Otherwise, I think their are entire threads about March products over on 6mmbr.com. You can read up and probably make a better decision.

Unfortunately, most the 1x scopes have tiny OBJ. That goes across the board. I don't know of any large OBJ 1x scopes, but 1x scopes are not my thing, so, again, I'm not well informed and cannot say for sure.

Good luck figuring out what to buy! There are just lots of great options as MFG processes have come a long ways over the last 20 years. </div></div>

Thank you for the info. I'v never even heard of these scopes until now and know nothing about them. USO, as we all know, is a great scope and you can build it YOUR way. I wish they had the 37mm obj. for the SN-4 (28mm is the only offering) I would have to go to the SN-3 to get the larger obj., but the lowest power goes up. Seems to be aprox. $500 more to go with the March over the USO, I just wouder if it's worth it. If I do get one I'll do a write up for everyone so they to will know more about them. Thanks all!

I have been lusting after the Swarovski for the longest time. This is the scope that I would use on every semi-auto rifle that I own if I could afford it!