• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best 1 piece scope mount for a GAP DPMS LR308

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I have a badger riser rail with some m40A30 rings on it at the moment and there is not enough clearence for lens covers left on a 50mm obj.

I would like a 1 piece set up like the larue, but doe the larue have any MOA built in to the mount?

also would an AI picatinny mount work? or armalite 1 piece mount.

What have others used?

Re: Best 1 piece scope mount for a GAP DPMS LR308

I believe Larue's lt107 has 30moa, and lt158 has 10moa, rest are 0moa

-pd

Just curious, but how much clearance are you lacking? A few thousandths? Does your GAP have the Badger Ord Stabilizer Handguard forend installed? Also, what scope are you using and do you really even need the Badger riser?

I have been where you are, as I have a GAP AR-10 with a Leupold 4.5-14 50mm scope installed. Think about your stock weld and having the scope ocular lens position be "right there" when you put the rifle to your shoulder. Often with a riser and even low 30mm rings, you have to hunt for the best position to get a clear view through the scope.

What I did, having the BOSH which GAP seems to always favor, was to remove about 5 of the rail slots from the Stabilizer Handguard. I relieved these flush to the surface, and now use TPS Med rings and have room for sunshade and Butler Creek flip-up. The Leupold scope has 100moa adjustment for elevation, so when zeroed at 300yds I still have full 50moa, or a bit more to work with. Also have the TMR reticle for accurate hold over/under.

Plot your loads expected trajectory on a graph and remember that 1 moa of elevation multiplies by a factor of one every hundred yards. I shoot the 168 Sierra and Hornady at about 2700fps in my Ar-10. At 1000yds w/300 yd zero drop is 370 inches or 37moa. At 800yds bullet drop is 150 inches or 15moa.

How much elevation do you really need?
What is more critical, having full range of reticle movement or having your rifle come up naturally and perfectly every time with a good cheekweld?

If I have a 300yd zero, I need about 20moa of elevation to shoot at 800 yds. Unless you are using a scope with very limited turret movement, do you really need a riser?

I got the badger handguard and was looking at putting a nightforce on it , but when I lay the scope on the bottom rings the butler creeks touch the rail. without the butler creeks it clears but only by a smidge.

You might try simply shaving the bottom radius of the BC flip-up and using some electricians tape. Turn the BC sideways might also work with less razor knife surgery.

Another thing you can do to gain a few thousandths of clearance for your scope is to line your bottom scope ring with tape. A couple layers of blue painters tape or electricians tape trimmed to the correct width will work. You might also be able to shim the front of your Badger riser with a soda can thickness piece of aluminum. Never hurts to experiment a bit. Hobby stores sell brass sheet stock that is .05 thick. You can cut it with scissors. The Badger riser has that hole in the rear with the roll pin which allows some degree of height control also. Might try reducing the cant and see if that gives you the clearance you need.

I never gave clearance that much of a thought as by the time the correct cheek-weld was found just about any scope had room to clear.

I started out with Mk4 Super High rings (which offered perfect cheek-weld for me) and then swapped over to the KAC mount. Granted I am only running a 40mm objective but it offers tons of clearance.

DSC_0008.jpg

I use the NightForce UniMount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might try simply shaving the bottom radius of the BC flip-up and using some electricians tape. Turn the BC sideways might also work with less razor knife surgery.

Another thing you can do to gain a few thousandths of clearance for your scope is to line your bottom scope ring with tape. A couple layers of blue painters tape or electricians tape trimmed to the correct width will work. You might also be able to shim the front of your Badger riser with a soda can thickness piece of aluminum. Never hurts to experiment a bit. Hobby stores sell brass sheet stock that is .05 thick. You can cut it with scissors. The Badger riser has that hole in the rear with the roll pin which allows some degree of height control also. Might try reducing the cant and see if that gives you the clearance you need. </div></div>

GOOD GOD MAN!!! You have got to be joking!

I know its not created for an AR but its still a picatinny rail so, look at the onc piece mount that Desert Tactical makes for their SRS. Its one piece, solid as a rock and it has 20-40 degree of tilt built into the base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never gave clearance that much of a thought as by the time the correct cheek-weld was found just about any scope had room to clear.

I started out with Mk4 Super High rings (which offered perfect cheek-weld for me) and then swapped over to the KAC mount. Granted I am only running a 40mm objective but it offers tons of clearance.

DSC_0008.jpg
</div></div>

I want one of those. where can i get one at a reasonable price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never gave clearance that much of a thought as by the time the correct cheek-weld was found just about any scope had room to clear.

DSC_0008.jpg
</div></div>

I want one of those. where can i get one at a reasonable price. </div></div>

This is the best deal I have seen since the prices went up, check out the linky below. If you go to KAC (Lawmens) or look on G Broker the prices are quite a bit higher.

I swear that p/n 24755 is actually 30mm not 34mm as listed in the link from Biggerhammer. One part of the KAC website says it's 34mm but in their sales section the description is correct and lists it as 30mm. Link below the other. You can call Casey @ Lawemans & Shooters (KAC storefront) if you have any doubt.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/wwwboard/index.cgi?read=8349

http://www.knightarmco.com/shop2/index.php?productID=185