• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best 20MOA QD scope (thats not LaRue)??

CK_32

Saving Ryans Privates
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2010
Been shopping for a QD mount for a little bit now and was interested in LaRue until I found out their MOA bases are only offered in 1.5" scope center line...

I'm looking to top off a JD machine LR308 rifle with a high rail and the 1.5" center line is almost to the moon as far as cheek weld is concerned.

I was looking at American Defense but say 8541 tacticals return to 0 video and it didnt seem to do very well. Aside from that every other thread in the world people wont stop splurting LaRue due to the LaRue name and rep.

I know the LaRue mount is a great mount but again the scope height is horrid. Does anyone have any other QD 20MOA scope mounts with variable height options?

So the specs I'm looking at are:

QD Mount - Must have good return to 0
Variable Center line options
30mm tube
10/20 MOA base

I have a few era tac mount i'm very pleased with;
contact them with all the specs you need and they may have the product you are looking for.;
even if they are based in Germany they speak english very well!

Alamo four star?

I looked at them and was very displeased at the lack of details or info at all on their site. Offers almost nothing via specs just has 5 pictures of the mount it self..

You figured for a almost $300 mount they would put a little more effort into their spec info on their web page.

GDI has QD mounts, my wallet has prevented me from researching the heights and dimensions but they are one of the few that I have heard that return to absolute zero and I have seen one that looked pretty low.

GDI has QD mounts, my wallet has prevented me from researching the heights and dimensions but they are one of the few that I have heard that return to absolute zero and I have seen one that looked pretty low.

Yea but pretty low doesn't really help, like LaRues "Great rings for best possible cheek weld" set at 1.5".. Not really Larue. But yea the lack of info and price point have kind of kicked the taste to further research and work harder on one of the most expensive mounts if seen. Doesnt even list if its MOA rated. Like I said really pi*s poor job on their spec stand point for a high dollar mount.

NF Unimount work for you?

I looked into them and was very interested. Bit would like a QD option if possible. Not that I will be combat swapping my optics just nice to have that option of ease removal and mounting and if I wanted mount on my other rifles with out breaking out the torque tool.

1.5 is where the Bobro sits. It's designed to be used on AR's with nightvision.

Yea thats too high for my rifle. My rifle has the standard high profile rail and the 1.5 is way too high off the A2 stock for a proper cheek weld with out a cheek rest which I'm trying to avoid going to if at all possible.

I was doing this search not long ago myself. Bottom line is if you want a 20MOA mount thats QD, you are very limited in your choices,especially if you need 34mm rings. The Alamo one is zero MOA as are most of the others. I ended up with the Larue 112 VFZ as it will stay on more than off of the build it is going on. I am not aware of any mounts that fit your criteria that are lower than 1.5", the QD and 20MOA requirements limit your choices significantly.

One piece, QD RTZ, 20 MOA, and lower than 1.45" is asking probably more than the market currently offers.

I think one or more of your wants will have to go. But you can get one piece, 20 MOA, and very Low with a Nightforce Ultralite™ Unimount - 30mm #A190 1.125" Height - 20 MOA - 30mm. That way your only giving up the QD option.

Or you can go with a Badger Ordnance AR Riser Rail (22 MOA, 0.430" high) and pair it with Larue Ultra-Low QD Rings LT719 (0.875" high) with lever mount, which will give you a total height of (0.430 + 0.875) 1.305". Then you'd be giving up a one piece setup, but will still retain QD RTZ capability. The Badger Riser can stay on the rail , and your iron sights could be used over them.

I don't know diddly about the German QD mounts so I offer no opinion on them.

Last edited:
Right now I'm giving a few looks towards the ERA Tac, ADM then the Unimount if the other 2 don't fit the bill.

Leaning towards the ADM due to the ERA mounts levers being kinda funky.

I may be incorrect but I believe if you look through some of the description of Larue Tactical's mounts they do offer a mount with a 1.25" center line. I could be wrong though but I am nearly sure that when I recently ordered the mount for my P308 that I saw a mount like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk