• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best .223/ 5.56 Can for the price?

hugo121175

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Near Reading, PA
I just moved out of the Communist State of New York, and I am looking to get a can for my M4. What is the best AR Can for the price without going def in the process?

Thanks For The Help......
wink.gif

Re: Best .223/ 5.56 Can for the price?

Opinions will vary, but Gemtech G5 and AAC M4 2000 are both great cans. Your budget will have a lot to do with the choices available.

Delta P Brevis, if you want a really compact can get their mini version.

I've been very happy with AAC's M4-2000, though I haven't owned any other 223 can. It sounds comparable to other cans I've heard in the same price range.

While you're going at the paperwork, double your fun and get a registered short-barreled rifle lower receiver. You can build the upper as your finances allow, but hanging a can way out there on a 16" barrel just isn't as much fun as having a 10.5". It's easy for me to recommend these things since I'm not footing the bill, however
smile.gif

I've got an AAC M4-2000 and I've got no complaints. I've used it on full auto too. Not the cheapest though.

Id buy a QD .308 can, AAC 762SD 51 tooth, I lined up 3 AR's one day, same ammo,(5.56) same barrel length and did a crude DB test with 3 different cans. Surefire 556-212, AAC SPR M4 in 6.8 spc and a AAC 762SD. Only difference to MY ears was tone and weight of the cans YMMV

Currently use YHM QD stainless. Most call it best bang for buck can. Ofcourse, just opinions. I have fired it next to the M2000 and in my opinion its at or above that level.

Hugo,

I'm in the same boat and should hopefully be picking up a 762-SDN-6 sometime this summer. With a 51t mount on my .308 and my AR, I can cover all the bases and do both pretty well with only one stamp.

there are lots of factor here that need to be considered
-what lenght of rifle is it on
-is it going to be used on multiple guns
- by "best" whats important to you? weight, sound reduction, mounting system, size, durability, whats your budget allow?

you can get the best of some of these qualities but it will be at the expense of the others.

I have shot a lot of cans & the M4-2000 is the best all around 556 can on the market, now for a precision can the Thunder Beast Arms 223P-1 all titanium can is the newest upcoming can you will be seeing a lot of soon.

Rifle is a DDM4: http://www.ddm4.com/
1. I plan on using it only on this rifle.
2. Weight not a big problem with the rifle I am mounting it to.
3. I would like to be able to shoot and have people around me not need hearing protection, and be able to shoot low light with NV.
4. The barrel is threaded 1/2X24, so I can screw it on or use an adaptive compensator.
5. Size? I just don't want it to be longer than my rifle.
wink.gif

6. I'm not an operator, so it will be treated like one of the family.
7. I would like to stay under $800

Thanx,
Hugo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there are lots of factor here that need to be considered
-what lenght of rifle is it on
-is it going to be used on multiple guns
- by "best" whats important to you? weight, sound reduction, mounting system, size, durability, whats your budget allow?

you can get the best of some of these qualities but it will be at the expense of the others. </div></div>

"I would like to be able to shoot and have people around me not need hearing protection, "

Won't happen with ANY can and a 16" barrel. My 24" 308 is hearing safe with the TBAC 30P-1. With my 18", not so.

My 18" SPR with the 223-P1 is the same way. Quiet, but a bit too much crack right at the shooter and around him.

Adjust your expectations accordingly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I would like to be able to shoot and have people around me not need hearing protection, "</div></div>
The answer is-- it depends. People have widely varying ideas about what "not needing hearing protection" means. If you want to be absolutely 100% sure you won't get any hearing damage over a long-term period of use, you need multiple levels of hearing protection, period. Hearing damage can accumulate from any sound level over something like 85 dB. This is way below the level most people considering to "not need hearing protection."

Also note that whenever you double distance the SPL goes down by 6 dB.

M4-2000 by far. I have one and they work great and are very compact.

Another vote for the M4-2000, really nice can.

But, eventually your gonna want to suppress other guns. If I had to do it over again, I'd just get a .308 can over a dedicated .223/5.56 can. Dedicated can for each caliber gets too expensive. My .02 cents,,,

I have a AAC M4/2000 and have found it to work very well. I still always use ear protection though. I would never suggest to someone that they don't use ear protection unless you are using subsonics.

I would look hard at the new SWR specwar they are priced under you budget and look very nice. PM me for price.

Silencer Research rated the Aris from HTG very well. It is already priced great and we are running a $100 rebate for Sniper's Hide members.

Mike

Take a look at AWC's Raider. I have been running one for 3 years now and even on f/a it is one bombproof unit. I run it indoors on training exercises and general range time without ear protection with absolutley no problems. It is one quiet can and bombproof.

223P is great, direct thread, great sound reduction. YHM is making a titanium 556, that is great, their SS phantom is very resonablely priced. It is a great entry can, I have one and use the snot out of it. AAC M4 2000 is a fabulous can, you'll never go wrong with AAC. TBAC has great customer service, by far the best to deal with, Plus they have a great product. If I was buying that's what i would get. If you any questions PM me or email.

Another vote for the AAC M4-2000 for a dedicated .223 can.
I have a old one that has held up very well.

best can for the $$$, can't go wrong with the phantom 556 thread on... built well and suppresses just as good as aac or gemtech, and you'll be savin a couple hundy, just sayin... if your in the market, and price is a big factor, if price wasn't a big factor, i would take a different route personally.

Having several AR15s, I plan to go with a Gemtech Halo when I finally can afford a can.

Having several AR15s, I plan to go with a Gemtech Halo when I finally can afford a can.