• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best .223 brass that is not Lapua/Norma/Nosler?

nhm16

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2009
Houston, TX
This is for an AR, so I don't want to be paying ~$1 a piece. Would the correct answer be virgin LC of matching headstamps?

Re: Best .223 brass that is not Lapua/Norma/Nosler?

If you dont want to but Lapua, buy Winchester brass you could get 100pcs for like $20 or Remington brass is around the same price. I know a ton of guys that use Winchester and use at competition shoots.

I've picked up about 1500+ pieces of RP 223 over the past three years and it works well for my moderate loadings and plinking ammo.

Chris

LC brass of the same headstamp out of my PSS is less than 1/2"(more like 1/4) all day everyday. I have had zero problems out of LC brass. I save my old RP and FC brass for my AR stuff. The LC get loaded for the precision loads. I find it to be very close in tolerances.

Re: Best .223 brass that is not Lapua/Norma/Nosler

Thanks for the advice. The one gun that I get less than satisfactory accuracy from is my .223 AR... and I think the cheap once fired range brass I use has a lot to do with it. I will probably order a batch of new LC from Grafs.

winchester hands down is much more consistent than lc, rp , or bh. if you have a choice use it. i shoot cloverleafs with once prepped. if you weight the others you will see wcc to be the best.

Federal makes Lake City. Winchester make Black Hills.